Rockstar Announces Max Payne 3

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
We'll see. I hope it comes out awesome, but it's going to take a lot to even equal the first two games. Those were classics, and living up to their standards isn't a task I would take on willingly. I'm not so much bothered by the beard on Max's face... obviously, he's still having a rough time and has just stopped giving a damn about his appearance. I'd say it's less like Fisher and Snake, and more like Ethan Thomas from Condemned 2... down on his luck, depressed, and just doesn't give much of a damn about minor details any longer. Seems appropriate.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
=(

On one end, I'm deliriously happy about a new Max Payne game, the Max Payne series is one of the best game series period, up there with HL and Deus Ex, though Deus Ex is a single game of such awesome it's included.

But on the other hand, the thought of putting Payne through more shit is...

I mean come on, the guy has the luck of Job! Only at the end there's going to be no fictional god character telling him to buck up, that it'll be alright.

Dejske

Mar 23, 2009
i really hope they make it as good as the first one when it came out, course bullet time is a Old whore by now, and that was one of the mains things plus the nice way of telling the story:D

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Abedeus said:
NOOO!

I don't want a game that will require Quad 3.0GHz and a new GeForce 280 to work on Minimal :/
If it will work on a console it wont need that

I suppsoe Max had to leave New york, no one left to kill :0
Rockstar better not mess this up, the beard doesnt suit him at all.

ButtonedDownParadox

Aug 11, 2008
YAY! I loved Max Payne 2 and it's great to see it'll be coming out this year.

However I'm a little worried since Remedy isn't behind it. I mean it was such a specific tone. It's going to be different...but hopefully just as good.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Finally, been waiting for a long time to hear this. Hoping it will turn out as well as the first two were.

LethalBargi

Feb 20, 2009
YAy finally!!! hope they also make a better movie than the crappy one that came out.
why cant directors stick to the damn story?

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
This is just what we need to get the bad taste of Mark "Everytime you see I'm gonna say Max Payne and I don't think I played any of the games even though they take less research time than a goddamn book" Wahlberg's atrocious movie.
Seriously I will never watch anything involving Mark Wahlberg ever again. Not just because of the movie itself, but because of HIM and his ENDLESS publicising of it, no matter where he went, he ALWAYS spoke it with a sense of pride he should NOT have since he is not a fan clearly of the games.

Sorry, nerd rant over, this game looks excellent and I can't wait.

rabidrabbit

Sep 21, 2008
I hope they keep this games plot more along the lines of the first game, by that I mean not so culty... at least I remember that as being the reason I never finished the second game... that or I kept dieing and I was like 13 so I got frustrating and stopped playing.