Rockstar Hints at Bully Sequel

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Canis Canem Edit sequel is good and I think it will be an overall improvement instead by actually trying to appeal to the right audience instead of the maniac depressive attitude that's being pulled-out of the studio.

The only endangerment of streamlining that I see is the classroom activities.

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Royas said:
Bully was a great game. A pity the PC port was so awful. I was never able to get it to run on either of my two systems. Truly one of the worst ports I've ever experienced.

If they make a sequel, I just hope the get the PC version right for a change.
I don't get this. Why do people say the PC port was awful. Sure, I can see why you are saying that, but...
If you plug in a 360 controller you solve any issues with controller problems. And the game runs near perfectly on my laptop. And laptops usually have problems running games.

Anyway... Seriously excited about this right now. Loved Bully.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
At this early in the speculation game, mark me down as "mildly interested". Get some dubious screenshots, then I'll break out the song-dance-preorder show.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Bacaruda said:
Royas said:
Bully was a great game. A pity the PC port was so awful. I was never able to get it to run on either of my two systems. Truly one of the worst ports I've ever experienced.

If they make a sequel, I just hope the get the PC version right for a change.
I don't get this. Why do people say the PC port was awful. Sure, I can see why you are saying that, but...
If you plug in a 360 controller you solve any issues with controller problems. And the game runs near perfectly on my laptop. And laptops usually have problems running games.

Anyway... Seriously excited about this right now. Loved Bully.
First of all, I don't use a PC with any intention of having to use a controller. The mouse and keyboard are there for a reason, if a game doesn't run well using them on a PC, it's a crappy port. Second, I call it lousy because it flat out would not run on either of my two computers, as I said. And according to the forums and the reviews, I was hardly alone in that. Many who could get it to run complained about missing textures and screwed up sounds if you had more that 2 Gb of memory in use.

It was just a badly made port. Rockstar put very little effort or time into it, and it showed. Which is a shame, it was absolutely amazing on the Playstation. One of my favorite games, in fact. It not working on any of my computers was very disappointing to me.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I feel this is appropriate because it's really good-

Anyway, This would be great after GTAV and Max Payne 3. Very good move.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Oh god I need to get a coolpad so I can continue playing this game without melting my laptop.
And yay for a sequel.

Eveonline100

Feb 20, 2011
Jumplion said:
Grey Carter said:
In my opinion, Bully, or Canis Canem as it's called in PAL regions, stands as the greatest bait and switch in gaming history. Given Rockstar's penchant for irreverent violence and the few screens it showed of the game during development, the public was expecting something akin to Grand Theft Auto. The popular media swarmed to it, accusing the game of glorifying bullying and childhood violence before it had even reached the shelves.

Of course, when Bully was finally released it actually turned out to be a light-hearted romp with a fairly admirable moral message about the need to stand up for yourself, be comfortable in your own sexuality and reject peer pressure. Protagonist Jimmy Hopkins wasn't the thug he appeared to be, but an intelligent young man prone to defending the downtrodden and exposing the ethical transgressions of the school's staff. It was hilarious. Unfortunately, it didn't quite sell as well as the GTA series, nor the shockingly violent Manhunt and, save an updated port for the 360 and pc, the series has been on the back burner for years. This marks the first time a sequel to Bully has been brought up in around two years. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96034-Bully-2-Accidentally-Revealed] Hopefully more comes of it this time.
Am I the only one who finds it a little sad that Rockstar couldn't advertise the game as a lighthearted romp because of their reputation for crazy violence in their games? They've become so engrained in the controversy machine that it's the only way to advertise their games at this point. While I wasn't a big fan of GTAIV, it did have some aspects in it's story and themes and whatnot that made it stand out that really could have made an impact so some parts of game design. Rockstar is an intelligent group, but they hide behind an immature mask that I don't think they'll ever get out of, which is important because they're going the more serious route with their games.
yeah you have a point whihc kinda strange and as such i usally stay away from rockstar games for that very reason to a point who knows mabey i'll give their lastest game a shot and see how that turns out. However anybody else feels asthough this is a ticking time bomb of contraversy waiting to explode?