Rockstar PS3 Patch Fixes Many GTA Online Issues

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Rockstar PS3 Patch Fixes Many GTA Online Issues

Xbox 360 patch will follow very soon.

If you've been following the Grand Theft Auto Online saga, then you know there have been a patch is here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128365-Rockstar-Apologizes-For-GTA-Online-Issues]! But it didn't quite do the business. Now another PS3 patch is here - the Xbox 360 version will follow within a day - and this one will solve many of the ongoing Online issues.

Among the fixes:

Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress.

Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs.

Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs.

Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike.

Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.

Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo.

Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead.

Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby.

Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job.

Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages.

Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match.

"We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue," says Rockstar. "Please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this." Rockstar also reminds you to save as often as you can, and pay attention to its support page for further updates.

Source: Rockstar Support [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51547/new-title-update-to-address-gta-online-game-progress-loss-and-ot.html]

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MinionJoe said:
Wonder when the next single-player patch will be released...

I doubt we'll get one, because I'm starting to suspect that GTAO was Rockstar's main objective.

They just didn't want people bitching about GTAV focusing on multiplayer instead of single-player.
They patched the SP in the first patch. Cars don't dissapear anymore.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
There's still a few issues I'm seeing with the game. Being a good/bad sport means nothing, as it seems to revolve around not killing the players, but their cars... which is really dumb. Also with as many players in the game, they should be able to narrow down the level divide in the instances. If I'm lvl 7 and there's lvl 27 griefers in my instance... I'm getting my ass kicked, and there's no reason the areas can't be split by factors of 10.

It's fun to be sure, but they need a better way to section off the people just in it to fuck with other players. Maybe base it on how many players they've killed vs. how many missions they've actually done. I don't want to be stuck with a group of assholes hell bent on keeping you from doing anything productive. Let them have their fun, and let me have mine.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MinionJoe said:
Disappearing cars wasn't the only problem with single-player (10/10 reviews to the contrary). I'm asking when the next SP patch will be released. And I suspect never, because Rockstar wants GTA to be primarily online so they can microtransaction the shit out of it.
What other bugs did the SP have? Sorry, I really haven't heard anything about the other ones.

I hate that R* is making the payouts for jobs in MP extremely low as a way of forcing you to buy those cash packs bullshit.

OCAdam

Oct 13, 2010
FFP2 said:
I hate that R* is making the payouts for jobs in MP extremely low as a way of forcing you to buy those cash packs bullshit.
Really? 10k isn't bad money to make for every 5-10 minutes of mission. I mean think about it, they're trying to pace people to not get the highest end stuff in just a few weeks. Even so, I already own a 217k apartment (for the second time because of prior to patch not saving), a car worth 21k to sell (so I'd assume over 200k in upgrades to it), and every gun up to the carbine rifle with max ammunition (probably another 200k, at least 50k for sniper ammo alone!).

I'd imagine once they add in the heists, money will really be easy to come by.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MinionJoe said:
Some I've encountered including cars and characters getting stuck in terrain; significant inconsistency in things like armored car heist profit, headshots made on the PC, and loss of wanted rating; and terrible on-foot controls (characters seem to have a turning radius).

I'd like to see a SP garage that can store more than 4 cars, just like they have in MP; a decrease in the Busted penalty (or an increase in the Wasted penalty); and some consistency between on-foot, in-car, and airplane controls.
When you say armored car heist you mean those random events right? Don't they always have 5K for you?

Headshots don't really seem like a bug. This game is vicious. And all R* games control like shit.

->Remembers RDR's controls... *shudder*

I also think that the SP garage is kinda limited. At least all my characters have a Bugatti in each.

Err... Why do you want an increase in penalties? You die super easily in this game. I can't even imagine how much money I would be losing if I didn't put all my cash in stocks.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
FFP2 said:
Have to disagree, been playing on and off and i already have a 200k apartment, a Lambo clone and all the upgraded guns i need, hell you can get 9k every few hours just from selling a 4x4, Money is really easy to come buy for 90% of the stuff you need, if you want the Z-type or the tank i could see you needing to pay for some cash but i cant think of a reason (bar utter chaos) for you "needing" them.

Have to say this is the best use of Pay for in game currency I've seen, All the important stuff has to be unlocked so no pay to win and if you chose not to pay, you can still get the cash you would get really quickly, in only lvl 20 and i'd say 've earned about 500k (150 of it got deleted when a server ate it..), if you get a good survival farm team i could see you earning 100k an hour with ease.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MinionJoe said:
No... I've only seen them pay out from $200 to $1,200.
Shit... has this happened to other people to? Maybe your data is corrupted.

Well, you're probably right that it's not a bug. It is a new feature and to randomly fail a mission due to random chance and not player-failure rather kills the enjoyment for me.
Cover system. Learn it, use it, love it.

If you die, you lose a maximum of $5,000.00. If you're busted, you lose ALL your ammo and must post bail. Therefore, it's almost always better to die than to be busted. Seems a bit backwards to me. Being busted for 1/2 of your ammo and a pittance for bail might make it a preferable option. Alternately, losing half your cash to medical bills would make surviving an almost-imperative.
Well the cops always shoot on sight for me so I've never been busted. How much is bail?

And if we lost half our $$$ everytime we died nobody would enjoy the game. It would become a modern day Dark Souls :p

My main issue with GTA V is the whole "evading wanted levels" stuff. It takes way too long to lose 1-2 stars. I put my controller down for 5 whole minutes just to evade 1 star. Shit ain't fun at all.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Danial said:
FFP2 said:
Have to disagree, been playing on and off and i already have a 200k apartment, a Lambo clone and all the upgraded guns i need, hell you can get 9k every few hours just from selling a 4x4, Money is really easy to come buy for 90% of the stuff you need, if you want the Z-type or the tank i could see you needing to pay for some cash but i cant think of a reason (bar utter chaos) for you "needing" them.

Have to say this is the best use of Pay for in game currency I've seen, All the important stuff has to be unlocked so no pay to win and if you chose not to pay, you can still get the cash you would get really quickly, in only lvl 20 and i'd say 've earned about 500k (150 of it got deleted when a server ate it..), if you get a good survival farm team i could see you earning 100k an hour with ease.
I've also been messing around in Free Roam and the amount of money you lose for dying is ridiculous. I had over 100K at the start of the session and left with 10K.

And you can only sell cars once every hour. I don't have time to "grind" for cash in a sandbox game.

To be fair, I was only level 9 when I quit so maybe the money from jobs scale according to your level.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MinionJoe said:
I've heard other people consistently getting "a couple thousand", but I've not made that much from one. *shrugs*
Weell it's only 5K so it's not like you're missing much :)

Can't hit anything when blind firing from behind cover. And several times I've been shot in the head the instant I pop up to aim. Even with body armor on, it's an instant mission fail.
Damn... I'm terrible at this game and I never even had that much trouble. I only have gold ranks for like 5 missions but that's not important...

Yeah, that was a point I made earlier. It sometimes takes 5 minutes to lose 1 star, but there are times that I lose 3 stars the moment I duck down an alleyway. It's random and inconsistent. May not necessarily be a bug in the RNG, but it certainly feels buggy.
I'm guessing they thought that because of how easily you die, taking that long to lose 3 stars would be impossible. I remember losing 3 stars in less than 30 seconds when I did that "The Good Husband" mission. I do hope they decrease the time it takes to lose it though.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
AI guys are often way too good at shooting you from really far away, and their aim isn't affected while driving erratically or being rammed in a car. Sometimes they shoot clean through cover too.

Hopefully they'll work on problems like that eventually.

Reevesith

Aug 7, 2009
I know they have the "good sport" thing on gta5 to help deal with trolling players, but should destroying a player's car count? You get fined for doing so which I'm okay with, but a "Your being a bad sport, watch it or else.." warning? Only found that out by hunting a bounty :u threw a sticky bomb to his car.