Rockstar Teases New Grand Theft Auto V Trailers

Feb 22, 2009
Hawkeye21 said:
"-Mommy! Mommy! Somebody on the internets doesnt liek the same stuff I like!!!"
"-HOW DARE THEY?! NOBODY TREATS MY SON THAT WAY!"

I played it all the way through, thank you very much. It's fat cousins, all the way down.

Even if that was the case, it does not invalidate a single word I said. It's some kind of hipster defense.

Your flamboyant fanboism toward the game that isn't even released is what gives immature image to gamers. And ad hominen isn't an argument, boy

Characters are at least THERE, and they have actual characters, I'll give you that, but still I didn't give a single fuck about any of them. Perhaps rather than EXPECTING me to care about characters, it should have given me a REASON to care about characters. And I am actually from Eastern Europe, teh irony
50% (if not 75%) of missions boil down to drive from point A to point B, while your car handles like a giant ass with buldozer in tow. It gets really old, really fast.
Graphics have a distinct brown color filter, hence shit-stained. And its just NOT FUN, and very rarely entertaining.
It's trying to be VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS, like a Godfather movie and fails miserably (see characters), hence "gritty".

So, basicly, what your rant boils down to is that you don't know why you like this game, while I know precisly why I hate it. And you are somehow offended that I hate it. That doesn't strike me as very adult attitude, boy
Did you miss the large part of the game that didn't feature Roman for ages? I guess so.

It makes it less worth saying than if you had any original criticisms about the game.

Nope, pretty sure you can fanboy over anything - it just seems to be gamers that get angry when a game tries to ask them to take it even remotely seriously.

What kind of 'reason' were you expecting them to give you? They give you the same kind of reason that any work of fiction does by presenting you with characters and developing their motivations through their speech and actions, what, did you want a big flashing sign pointing to the one you were meant to care about?
Yes, they do. Just like they did in the old GTA games. What's your point? And the car-handling was fun for me, but to each his own.
It's just as fun as the previous games, the only real difference is that the humour in this one is somewhat less childish. And I think it succeeds in being 'serious business', it tells a good story with good characters through a good game. But to suggest it's just entirely humourless is just misrepresenting the game completely. It's still got just as much humour as the previous games, done better. It just has serious stuff in addition, which has apparently blinded you to everything else.

What? I know exactly what I like about it. I like the extremely well-written dialogue, I enjoy the car-handling, the pacing of the game creates a feeling of a real build-up to the end, the gunplay was satisfying, the city was a fun place to explore (though I will admit setting is the one thing San Andreas beats this game on), the fact that the satirical nature of the game was still there but they also had a character-driven storyline alongside it, I like the graphical style, the soundtrack is pretty good, the variety of stuff you can do when not on missions (friend activities, random characters, etc.), the fact that it's very, very funny, and at the same time very, very sad. I know exactly what I like about it. And I think what you dislike about it is reflective of a pretty immature attitude.

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
In Search of Username said:
cheerfull praising of GTA4
*SIGH* Alright, fine. GTA4 is beyond criticism. GTA 4 is the greatest game in the world, its perfect and every other game should inspire to be like it. I have seen the error of my ways, and will repent. I will love Rockstar even it fucks me in the ass and cums into my ear. I will no longer mention shitty and laggy handling, awfull cover mechanics, awkward shooting, incoherent and inconsistant story, boring missions, etc. It is clear to me now, that no game can aspire to be greater than GTA4, and no game should strive to be better. Cause it's impossible. All hail GTA4, the only measure of the perfect game ever.

Feb 22, 2009
Hawkeye21 said:
In Search of Username said:
cheerfull praising of GTA4
*SIGH* Alright, fine. GTA4 is beyond criticism. GTA 4 is the greatest game in the world, its perfect and every other game should inspire to be like it. I have seen the error of my ways, and will repent. I will love Rockstar even it fucks me in the ass and cums into my ear. I will no longer mention shitty and laggy handling, awfull cover mechanics, awkward shooting, incoherent and inconsistant story, boring missions, etc. It is clear to me now, that no game can aspire to be greater than GTA4, and no game should strive to be better. Cause it's impossible. All hail GTA4, the only measure of the perfect game ever.
Well, y'know, you said I didn't know why I liked it. I do.