Rockstar Wants Fan Feedback for Grand Theft Auto V

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I pity the person at Rockstar who has to sift through the piles and piles of whining and bullshit looking for the incredibly small amounts of feedback that are actually worthwhile.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
GTA IV's multiplayer was among the most engaging multiplayer experiences in the past decade.

And it was great because they didn't do anything. The entire sandbox experience, just with a few more people, and it was great.

Just no GFWL and no "Social Club". If you're gonna have a multiplayer system, it better be elegant.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Everybody calm down. GTA multiplayer was awesome in IV, and it never took away from the quality of the single player, and it got even better in RDR, so I don't think that's something we have to worry about from R*.

That said I wish that we could send them our ideas about the single player instead of just multiplayer...

I guess I'll just have to sit here keeping my fingers crossed about the return of more RPG elements...

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Well, I just gave them some feedback. Good thing I poked a look back here again. I somehow missed the word "Multiplayer" in there. Oh, well. I didn't get far before I noticed, and I think I ended up with some interesting multiplayer concepts in the end, to say the least.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Zeren said:
...and drop Games for Windows Live.
...off a cliff. Into a pool of burning lava. Thanks for reminding me about that - now I might even go and post in their suggestion box.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
This could go excellently; spectacularly even. Or it could drown in the cesspit of popular opinion. But I really hope it doesn't happen.

somethingprofound

Apr 16, 2009
Wouldn't it be fun if you had splitscreen multiplayer?
Then you could make some fun GTA drinking games (imagine going onto the airport, everytime you get shot by police you take a shot hah), also if someone else is round they won't be bored as you show them 'this one place I found something cool, let me take an hour to go find it!' -_-

lolobar

May 24, 2010
kajinking said:
lolobar said:
Rockstar I've got two words for you... NO MULTIPLAYER

Every time a studio plans to put multiplayer in a single player game, things tend to be bad.
The first thing is that the single player takes a hit. That's because the developers are being split between the single player and multiplayer development. This means that less development time is given to the single player.
I think it depends more on what type of multiplayer we're talking about as well as what type of game we are talking about. The Bioshock 2 linear first-person story type game didn't match well with the pointless multiplayer death-match. A game like GTA with a huge open world, alot of style, and ton of options could do fairly well with a good co-op mode. Sadly I think this is the type of thing that players really need to find their own fun in rather than just dropping them into a pointless arena style kill-fest or random mini-game. I remember half the fun of GTA 3 when it came out was seeing just how far you could push the game and how much chaos you could cause before passing the controller to the next kid waiting to play. Basically what we don't need is a pointless deathmatch mode or even a racing mode (I hate open world games that do this, We have dedicated racing games for a reason!) what we need is a mode where a few friends can get together and see how many cars we can launch onto buildings or play a nice game of chicken with a tank and a train. Whatever happens I just hope it turns out a bit better than Saints Row 3's multiplayer, the game was decent but the city was so generic and bland I simply had no desire to blow the hell out it with friends.
Yeah i understand what you're saying. We'll just have to see the finished result.
And also, I totally agree with racing in openworld games. It's so annoying! If i want to race i'll buy a racing game. Just because the developer has the mechanics already made, that doesn't mean you have to put it in the game!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Blackjack and hookers!
In fact forget the multiplayer and Blackjack!
ehhhhh screw the whole thing.
I got a laugh out of it. :p

How about this: "Make GTA V as completely different from GTA IV as you can."

My main suggestion for GTA V would be to give us the Vice City and San Andres mechanics of buying properties and - in particular - BUSINESSES. Fuckin' loved that drug-dealing icecream truck from Vice City. :3