Roger The Kangaroo Cut From Tekken 7 Due to Animal Activist Fears

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
DemomanHusband said:
Um, didn't anyone check Harada's twitter?... He basically said it was a joke, even if the language barrier makes it a little hard to interpret. This is really jumping the gun.
Yeah, Harada's grown a rep for fucking around. He also threatened to keep Lucky Chloe out of the US release a while back.

Dude's a goof, and it's great.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
A kangaroo isn't stronger than a human being?
If a kangaroo kicked any of the Tekken characters in the chest, they'd have a chest sized hole where their chest used to be.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
BX3 said:
DemomanHusband said:
Um, didn't anyone check Harada's twitter?... He basically said it was a joke, even if the language barrier makes it a little hard to interpret. This is really jumping the gun.
Yeah, Harada's grown a rep for fucking around. He also threatened to keep Lucky Chloe out of the US release a while back.

Exactly, he pulled this a few years ago with the whole catgirl idol character saying that he'd pull her from the american release because of manbabies complaining, and replace her with something else.

Harada Lies on Twitter. Harada lies about everything on the internet.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Winnosh said:
BX3 said:
DemomanHusband said:

Exactly, he pulled this a few years ago with the whole catgirl idol character saying that he'd pull her from the american release because of manbabies complaining, and replace her with something else.

Harada Lies on Twitter. Harada lies about everything on the internet.
Yeah, people thought the Lucky Chloe thing was real too. I swear, April 1st is the only day people are skeptical on the Internet.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Fortunately the PC version will likely receive a mod in less than a month after release that not only puts the kangaroo back in but also adds koalas, Tasmanian devils, and an animal rights activist wearing a PETA T-shirt.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This news makes me so mad it makes me want to punch something... preferable from Australia.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
This is obviously done by people who know utterly nothing about kangaroos. Motherfuckers are bloody dangerous, and if they kick you basically anywhere, then you're buggered sunshine.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Suddenly I'm reminded of Streets of Rage 3, when I always tried to take out Roo's trainer and not Roo himself...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
This news makes me so mad it makes me want to punch something... preferable from Australia.
Don't try a kangaroo, though. Or, of course, a crocodile, snake or spider. Or a box jellyfish. Or a blue-ringed octopus.

Actually, might want to give that a miss.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Amusing joke aside, the issue with the kangaroo controversy is just ignorance. Internationally people are like 'Someone punched a cute little furball?! Hang em out to dry!'. When the threat involved is more along the lines of 'Oh shit, a wolf has my dog, if I don't act right now it will kill him. If I'm not fast and I mess this up, it might also kill me.'

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Thaluikhain said:
Casual Shinji said:
Don't try a kangaroo, though. Or, of course, a crocodile, snake or spider. Or a box jellyfish. Or a blue-ringed octopus.

Actually, might want to give that a miss.
He can punch the dirt. That should be relatively harmless.
It's dirt in Australia so it still might be lethal in some form, but not as lethal as pretty much everything else.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
erttheking said:
................Well if this isn't a joke then I have to say the same thing I said during all those controversies were women were taken out of a game.

You must not have had a lot of faith in it to begin with.
I thought you said that when women were put into games, or have their appearance altered, in response to outrage?

Regardless those who are in a position to have faith in the game, the developers, generally aren't the ones making these decisions, and the ones who make these decisions don't care about the game, only how much they think it will make and the perception of the company.

This kind of behaviour isn't something anyone should accept from the games industry as the reasoning that went into this decision is the same that results in fewer and less diverse female characters.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
infohippie said:
Fortunately the PC version will likely receive a mod in less than a month after release that not only puts the kangaroo back in but also adds koalas, Tasmanian devils, and an animal rights activist wearing a PETA T-shirt.
Come on guys's verify before complaining or at least read the thread. This was Harada being Harada. Roger isn't being removed and never was. The clue should have been that if he was worried about animal rights people he would have gotten rd of Kuma and Panda

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You know, there's an easy way to handle this. Movies put in lines like "No animals were harmed in the making of thie movie". The same can apply to video games. Everybody knows it's fiction, and the proviso covers their ass. Everything else on the matter is stuff and nonsense.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Winnosh said:
infohippie said:
Come on guys's verify before complaining or at least read the thread.
Interesting to see how many people do not do this.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
008Zulu said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
A kangaroo isn't stronger than a human being?
If a kangaroo kicked any of the Tekken characters in the chest, they'd have a chest sized hole where their chest used to be.

You do realize, that among actual canonical Tekken characters are:

Several finished military-issue killer robots.
Unfinished military-issue killer Robots
A private use killer robots.
A crazy cyborg with a perpetuum-power generator embeded in his chest.
A cyborg-alien ninja with a cursed sword.
A prototype-martial-arts robot
A woman possessed by a wolf demon
A possessed magical martial arts wood-dummy.
An ancient god of fighting + a demon-version of said ancient god.
Another, unrelated killer demon with a mouth for a stomach.
Yet another, even bigger killer demon.
And last but not least: The actual devil.

So, I'd venture that there are some characters that could withstand one or two kangaroo attacks.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So if a guy had punch a bear to save his or her dog, they would had removed that bear character they have in Tekken (I'm not into the franchise and lazy to look up the name, was it Kuma)?