Rogue is in X-Men: Days of Future Past Special Edition

Apr 17, 2009
Always had the sneaking suspicion Kitty Pryde's role in the film was originally written for Rogue. Hence the romantic thing with Iceman (yes I know he and Kitty had a bit of a thing in the third one but she was more of The Other Woman and anyway we don't talk about the third one) and the unexplained out of nowhere time altering powers (Rogue could have just absorbed them off someone else). Sort of want to see what Rogue's actual intended role is

ZeroAxis

Apr 11, 2010
tdylan said:
I passed on DOFP, but heard enough about it to scratch my head on keyplot points. SPOILER alert:

The sentinels gain the ability to "copy" (I think) mutant abilities from Mystique. Which makes far less sense than them gaining that ability from Rogue, when we consider what Rogue and Mystique's mutations actually are. I get that they had Jennifer Lawrence is a bigger star, but hearing that about Mystique's blood + sentinels made me facepalm thinking "Why the hell not Rogue? That would have made so much more sense."
I actually read an article about this a week or 2 ago (I'll look for the article and link it later) where that deleted scene was 20 minutes long and....

{ occured midway through the movie after Ellen Page's character is injured by Wolverine's time-spaz and they try to jailbreak Rogue to replace her (the site even had a pic of Iceman carrying Rogue while with Magneto) and they explain that the absorbtion power comes from Rogue as well.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
ZeroAxis said:
can somebody tell me how to use the spoiler tag so I can explain the rest while I look for the article?
[*spoiler*][*/spoiler*] only without the * in them

I hated DOFP and anytime I want to watch it, I just load up season 1 of the 90s cartoons which did it better. Of course a lot of my hatred comes from kitty pryde mutants having abilities that she they never had in a plot that was terribly executed. The whole time watching I was thinking "c'mon hollywood why can't you do better than the 90s cartoon" but apparently that expectation was too high

ZeroAxis

Apr 11, 2010
Blow_Pop said:
ZeroAxis said:
can somebody tell me how to use the spoiler tag so I can explain the rest while I look for the article?
[*spoiler*][*/spoiler*] only without the * in them

I hated DOFP and anytime I want to watch it, I just load up season 1 of the 90s cartoons which did it better. Of course a lot of my hatred comes from kitty pryde mutants having abilities that she they never had in a plot that was terribly executed. The whole time watching I was thinking "c'mon hollywood why can't you do better than the 90s cartoon" but apparently that expectation was too high
Thanks, you da man

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
So who gets fired for announcing this a few weeks before the FIRST DVD/BD release?

I want to thank them while I wait for the double dip.

Pepsik

Aug 30, 2011
Wait, what is the point exactly? Didn't Wolverine change everything anyway? Making any new revelation about Rogue kind of pointless? :-D