RP Digest #1

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Guitar Gamer said:
can you ad any rp to the list?

I'm joining a rp and would like to see it on a list
Well, sure, but it's up to the folks running the RP to submit their weekly synopsis.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Oh shayt, seriously why weren't staff thinking this before, it blows so much new faces into RP forum.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Flying-Emu said:
SomeBritishDude said:
This is pretty neat. I should join an RP sometime. I was thinking of starting my own one, but it seems like too much work to be honest.
I would join a few and get a feel for how the system works rather than just jumping in head-first. Most RPs end better if the GM has some experience as a player.
I've been part of a couple of RPs, but never on the escapist. Maybe it would be good to join one of the ones going. I would prefer to join a newer one though.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
AndyMacK said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Oh ho.

I don't know about you, but that "Prototypes" sounds like a bloody good RP. Must have some good writers behind that.
It is. They do.
Oh, wait - Hello Sparrow.

I think this digest is a great idea, and I shall continue to read it. Thank you very much.
Indeed. That RP is just that good.

As a side note, this'll be extremely helpful for my next RP. Easy to grab new players, considering it'll need around 20.

Capo Taco said:
What's an RP?
I will find you. And hurt you.

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Capo Taco said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Capo Taco said:
What's an RP?
Well that didn't make things any clearer.
RP is roleplaying, as further explained after this quote.

NoMoreSanity said:
TikiShades said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Nice to be able to keep track of all these's RP's going on. Even if I despise RP with a vengeance.
Care to explain why?
The very idea of the RP section turns me off. It's where threads go to die, or boring people to chat in.
Erm... I don't think you understand what the RP section is. It's not just "this is who I am ladeda ladeda." You make a new role for each thread, and act out an adventure specific to the thread.

NoMoreSanity, are you getting RP and RIP mixed up? :p

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
TikiShades said:
Capo Taco said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Capo Taco said:
What's an RP?
Well that didn't make things any clearer.
RP is roleplaying, as further explained after this quote.

NoMoreSanity said:
TikiShades said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Nice to be able to keep track of all these's RP's going on. Even if I despise RP with a vengeance.
Care to explain why?
The very idea of the RP section turns me off. It's where threads go to die, or boring people to chat in.
Erm... I don't think you understand what the RP section is. It's not just "this is who I am ladeda ladeda." You make a new role for each thread, and act out an adventure specific to the thread.

NoMoreSanity, are you getting RP and RIP mixed up? :p
I know what it is, I just don't like it. It turns me off, acting as another persona while you're already acting out another persona on the internet.
Haha, I don't act as a persona on the internet. I act like myself. So for me, it's just one case of personification. But yeah, I understand. When I first heard of forum RP, I hated the idea.

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
TikiShades said:
Haha, I don't act as a persona on the internet. I act like myself. So for me, it's just one case of personification. But yeah, I understand. When I first heard of forum RP, I hated the idea.
Blah, lies. We all act different on the internet.
Why would I act different? And besides, when one RPs on the internet, I'm not personifying through a personification. I just change to a different persona. Doing TWO persona's online at once? That... that sounds interesting.