RP Digest

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
Yay first billing! Glad to take part in the Digest (I wasn't really sure what it was initially), and I will more than likely continue. I don't see why some people wouldn't send in summaries, it's not really that time consuming.

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Sporky111 said:
Holy shit, it's back from the grave. I must say, I'm surprised. Last time this was tried our digests somehow didn't get posted.

But I'll be optimistic, especially since it seems to be on a request basis.
One-time thing, gang. We simply don't have the time to chase people down for this every week. As for your digests not getting posted, I received exactly two last time this subject came up. The simple truth is that as much as people complain about the RP not running, too few people took the time to submit summaries. Even when we opened it up to advertisements, we got next to no response.

If the RP Digest doesn't run, it's because the RP community chooses not to participate. You send us summaries, we will be very, very happy to run the Digest, I promise you. But we can't run it for just one or two.
If I could guarantee you that I would give a weekly summary, would that help? :D

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Alpha Centauri said:
Susan Arendt said:
Sporky111 said:
Holy shit, it's back from the grave. I must say, I'm surprised. Last time this was tried our digests somehow didn't get posted.

But I'll be optimistic, especially since it seems to be on a request basis.
One-time thing, gang. We simply don't have the time to chase people down for this every week. As for your digests not getting posted, I received exactly two last time this subject came up. The simple truth is that as much as people complain about the RP not running, too few people took the time to submit summaries. Even when we opened it up to advertisements, we got next to no response.

If the RP Digest doesn't run, it's because the RP community chooses not to participate. You send us summaries, we will be very, very happy to run the Digest, I promise you. But we can't run it for just one or two.
If I could guarantee you that I would give a weekly summary, would that help? :D
Only if you can also guarantee that four or five other people will, too. :)

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Lauren Admire said:
RP Digest

Never checked out the RP forum? Take a peek at what you've been missing.

Read Full Article
Sorry I feel there's been a mix up, I have nothing to do with 'Shin Megami Tensei Persona: Dissonant Strain' :/ I'm co-GM with maddawgIajI for Down Under D:

Just thought I'd mention that, I don't want the real GM, afrosan [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/afrosan] to get mad x:

(I think anyway, that's who started the thread)

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
At first, I didn't want to check out the RP section of the forum because I figured a videogame website wouldn't exactly be the best place for RPing.

Getting over my prejudice I checked it out anyway, only to find that the first few pages were full of non-RP forum games and RP threads that had already started long ago and/or weren't recruiting anymore. Why are forum games and RP games not two separate sub-forums? Also, it would be a huge help if there was some kind of RP directory where you could have a quick overview of what threads are recruiting people.

Finally, I decided to give it a try and <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/362.185684>start my own RP thread, only to get completely ignored by everyone.

Discouraged, I decided to stick to more familiar role-playing grounds like RPOL for my daily dose of geekery.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well it's nice to see a few people taking interests in the RPs. Although there is a bug on page 3. Sky14Kemea doesn't run the Shin Megami Tensei RP. She runs the Down Under Rp with me.

And to everybody who believe that they cannot find an RP, there are plenty of RPs still open as I type this, even closed RPs are still looking for members to fill the slots of RPers who drop-out.

Even if the RP is closed, send the Host a message about being on the waiting list and if they say yes then send them a Character Sheet. It's that simple.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Ugh the page is not loading properly, well maybe I should've gotten more productive and actually started the Jack RP, oh well

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
sky14kemea said:
Lauren Admire said:
RP Digest

Never checked out the RP forum? Take a peek at what you've been missing.

Read Full Article
Sorry I feel there's been a mix up, I have nothing to do with 'Shin Megami Tensei Persona: Dissonant Strain' :/ I'm co-GM with maddawgIajI for Down Under D:

Just thought I'd mention that, I don't want the real GM, afrosan [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/afrosan] to get mad x:

(I think anyway, that's who started the thread)
Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.

ShadowFolk

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2010
Actually, the Persona RP is looking for new members. It says private, but Afrosan is accepting people. It says so on our first page. If anyone is interested, let Afrosan know.

Rosen2012

Mar 10, 2010
Sa said:
Actually, the Persona RP is looking for new members. It says private, but Afrosan is accepting people. It says so on our first page. If anyone is interested, let Afrosan know.
What she said. We already suffered a dropper, and are now waiting for his replacement to catch up.

Cinnonym

Mar 3, 2010
Sa said:
This.

I'm totally accepting of adding in new members--especially now that the first party is getting into the swing of moving forward on their own two feet. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to this point, but after the next boss fight I'm introducing about three or four new characters. If anyone's interested, shall I adjust the title of the thread to indicate a period of open enrollment?

Susan Arendt said:
Only if you can also guarantee that four or five other people will, too. :)
We're on board, too.

Nevyrmoore said:
Mookie_Magnus said:
Crap... I forgot to get my entries done in time. Fffffuuuuu-

Anyway,
Nevyrmoore said:
By any chance do said RPs also include P&P RPs like D&D? Or Paranoia?
No, this is about the forum RPs hosted on this website in the Forum Games & RP section of the forums.

Yes, I realised that...what I meant was do the RPs on this forum also include P&P RP campaigns?

Technically, it's possible--http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.124894-User-Groups-are-LIVE-that-means-RP-FORUMS-with-DICE

Also, if you're wondering how a diceless forum RP is run... This RP Digest article contains links to the RPs described therein. Srsly.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
If I ever get my RP off the ground I'd be more than happy to write weekly updates for the digest.

Maybe I should try relaunching it sometime soon. My real-life D&D group broke up some time ago and the only other RPG I'm in at the moment is moving at a snail's pace, so I could use the mental exercise.

Just to gauge interest: If anyone who reads this is interested in a roleplaying game like <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.185684>this one, or even if you've got a good suggestion for a different one, send me a message.

Rosen2012

Mar 10, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
If I ever get my RP off the ground I'd be more than happy to write weekly updates for the digest.

Maybe I should try relaunching it sometime soon. My real-life D&D group broke up some time ago and the only other RPG I'm in at the moment is moving at a snail's pace, so I could use the mental exercise.

Just to gauge interest: If anyone who reads this is interested in a roleplaying game like <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.185684>this one, or even if you've got a good suggestion for a different one, send me a message.
Maybe if you change it to say (Open) instead on (accepting sign ups)? Open seems to be a more common phrase people use around here when looking for joiners.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Rosen2012 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:

Maybe if you change it to say (Open) instead on (accepting sign ups)? Open seems to be a more common phrase people use around here when looking for joiners.
I actually avoided that on purpose, because to me 'open' suggests 'anyone can join at any moment'. I wanted it to be clear that people need to sign up with me before they could start playing. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the use of the word 'open', though...

Rosen2012

Mar 10, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Rosen2012 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:

I actually avoided that on purpose, because to me 'open' suggests 'anyone can join at any moment'. I wanted it to be clear that people need to sign up with me before they could start playing. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the use of the word 'open', though...
Well just under in your first post, explain that you want people to PM you for acceptance before you put up their profile. Anyone who post a profile in the board redirect them for consideration. I'm in the SMT game. Our listing says (Private) but the opening post explains its join by PM to the GM only. If I wasn't already in two different games (One a whole other board) I'd join.

Good luck.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Rosen2012 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Rosen2012 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:

Well just under in your first post, explain that you want people to PM you for acceptance before you put up their profile. Anyone who post a profile in the board redirect them for consideration. I'm in the SMT game. Our listing says (Private) but the opening post explains its join by PM to the GM only. If I wasn't already in two different games (One a whole other board) I'd join.

Good luck.
I'll keep that in mind for when (if?) I try to relaunch the thing. Thanks. :)

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
So is the "On a Role" badge still up for grabs? I did send in the Demigods one, after all.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Ah the RP digest is back! Some of these new RPs look really good, almost makes me want to join one.