RPG Classic Persona 4 Coming to Vita

asherdeus

Apr 23, 2012
RPG Classic Persona 4 Coming to Vita

Enhanced edition of the PS2 hit offers new character, personas and online mode.

Atlus has big plans for the Persona universe this year. In addition to the upcoming fighting game Persona 4 Arena, the publisher has announced that Persona 4's cast is returning in a remastered edition of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Exclusive to the PS Vita, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden offers a laundry list of new features, including a new character, opening animation and online mode.

Details are still scarce, but so far we know that the new female character will come accompanied with brand new story elements to flesh her out. Her final name has yet to be localized, but our source at Atlus tells us she's been referred to as "Mary" and "Marie." A new animation featuring an original composition from series composer Shoji Meguro will also open the game. Perhaps the most interesting new feature is an online mode that will allow players to ask other players for help when they're near-death in TV world. Along with the expected enhanced visual and audio presentation, players will also be able to collect new personas created for the Vita edition.

Eight screenshots accompanied the annoucement, showing off a serious visual upgrade. Though the original release was never a slouch as far as graphics go, these Vita screens show off a crisper, sharper game world.

[gallery=710]

Look for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden this fall for the PS Vita.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Pretty much everyone watching the Persona series knew this was coming to the States, but it's nice to see an official announcement. Also, it'd be nice to see the Persona series get a nice push by having it be the first true RPG to come out for the Vita. I can't think of anything else being released in the next few months that would be similar, though I could be wrong.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Wait, so this is coming in the west or not?

Edit: Nvm, seen articles state that it has. This one doesn't say. D:

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
While not particularly breaking news, we all knew this for a while.

I'm sure as all heck looking forward to it. Persona 4 is much like a visual novel of the non-linear variety. Fans of choices, like dialogue choices, who haven't played this game before, for whatever reason, will be delighted in how you're able to choose friends and various conversations and decisions and things. It's quite a nice blend between linearity and non-linearity.

And people like me will love the opportunity to take this game on the go. Plus whatever nice goodies they're throwing in.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ugh, the "crisper visuals" just look terrible i think... Don't make another Silent Hill HD mistake and make the fog less visible. It's nice to see it being re-released on the Vita but I don't particularly like handhelds in general and i'm not getting a Vita just for an extra character and making the game look worse XP

Oh and you can't improve on perfection, just throwing it out there XD

edgecult

May 4, 2011
hmmm.. yeah this one doesn't seem to be worth the pick up sadly... (I don't have a vita anyway) as far as I can tell it doesn't have enough added onto it to be worth a pick up for anyone who's played the original. (again especially if you don't have a vita) P3P at least had the extra main story character. (not all that much of a change aside from the weapon) but then new social links made it a worth while run sense it did flesh out otherwise undershown characters. (part of what 4 got right was making sure the main cast got an individual social link which 3 sadly didn't do till p3p)

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
I hope there's some sort of special ps vita with this game cause this game is the only reason I'll be buying one.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
If this has good preorder bonuses I'll get it before I get a vita

SanguineSymphony

Jan 25, 2011
You forgot that Eternal Punishment is now getting a Re-release on the PSP and will probably be here next April.