RPG Superstar 2014 Winner Announced

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
RPG Superstar 2014 Winner Announced

The winner will be writing a Pathfinder adventure called The Daughters of Fury to release in November 2014.

Paizo Publishing's roleplaying game design challenge for 2014 has wrapped up, with Victoria Jaczko [] taking the prize and the honor of writing an full adventure for Paizo's Pathfinder roleplaying game. RPG Superstar is a contest designed to find new and unknown roleplaying game designers who can put together a diverse and interesting body of content. The contest is in its seventh year, and submissions for the first, open round show no sign of slowing year over year.

"Victoria's design decisions-a grief-based magic item, an undead warhorse, a haunted chapel in a land torn by revolution, and a city besieged by a devil trying to collect a debt - are all unusual and interesting choices, showing she has the ability to approach an idea from a new perspective and present it in an intriguing way," said host Sean K Reynolds. "Being able to come up with something new really struck a chord with the voters, allowing her to establish an early lead in the Round 4 voting and maintain that until the end."

Pathfinder is likely the world's best selling tabletop roleplaying game, itself being a spinoff of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition. It has a massive line including comics, miniatures, toys, and apparel. It's being developed into the MMORPG Pathfinder Online. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/10097-The-Theme-Park-MMO-Is-Dead-Enter-the-Sandbox]

You can read more at the official Paizo site. [http://paizo.com/rpgsuperstar]

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I love pathfinder, just shows you how very wrong the lawyers who run wizzards have gotten it in recent years. This whole competition just shines with love for creativity. Something I feel missing from D&D(and other componies like GW) Think i'll hunt down this winning module as it sounds like it may quick frankly be worth owning.