RPG what sex do you prefer?

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
I think it depends on the kind of story u want the game to tell. For instance if you look at dragon age origins u can choose the layout of whatever you want to do prior to actually beginning the game. e.g if u want to seduce certain characters to change the direction of ur story then whatever u want to do in ur version of dragon age or whatever u can

OT im usually a dude the first time i play through something

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
Female. Anybody can create a typical overdone male character but I find a female character makes a change of pace, regardless if it's just a gender. They seem to be more interesting, deep and possibly mysterious if in the protagonist role.
Plus the manipulation possibilities by using dialogue in Fallout were very VERY handy ^_-

For instance, I'd only find the Alien saga getting a quarter of my interest if it was a male character

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Female,

Most games that allow the distinction eventually give bonuses for going against the opposing sex, and since most baddies are guys it just makes since.

If I'm not receiving some sort of gender biased reward, I know it's only polygons but; I'd rather stare at the fiction back side of a pretty lady for 70+ hours than that of a man.

Fallout New Vegas is the first game I've seen that let's the ladies get a perk to hit on other ladies, and guys hit on guys, so I might actually do a play through as both. Especially once wasteland prostitution and nudity gets remade for this new post apocalyptic setting.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Usually I play as a boy the first time round and a girl if I replay it but in Pokemon Ranger I played as a girl because they both look like girls anyway

MeTheMe

Jun 13, 2008
What sex do I prefer? Why, any I can get! Ahaha...

On subject, being male, I generally go with male. If it's a multi file game, I might make a female character as well for fun.

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
a woman, but it depends on how much clevage they show and how often they jump, yes its sexist but im just trolling :p

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Male, since I'm a guy, but I don't mind the occasional female character.

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
Luke Tideswell said:
so i was just wondering in a RPG i some times play as girls, not like there's nothing wrong with that but what do you prefer to play as male or female?
both. once as a male and again as a female (assuming i play it through twice). although i do typically prefer the female models -- shocker!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
A MAN!
A strong MANLY-MAN!!
Who uses GREAT SWORDS and WARHAMMERS!!
And has MASSIVE STRENGTH and takes NO CRAP from ANYONE!!

The sad part is, im not even sure if i was being sarcastic.... I always play the male good looking, mean warrior type.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I prefer my females, but in cases of Mass Effect and Fallout I tend to go male. Problem with Fallout Vegas is that I couldn't find a single male design that looked good, so I went ahead and remade my female from Fallout 3.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
In ME2 I choose to be male, mainly because I wanted to hit it off with Miranda without feeling awkward +live myself into the journey of epic epicness.

In most other RPGs I go with chicks, mainly because RPGs make their asses so nice :D

Teh Magic Man

Feb 4, 2010
my name may be tehmagicMAN but in games im usually playing a female character.

also oddly enough i rarely ever play a mage. usually a warrior or rouge. so tehmagicman is rather misleading in terms of my play style.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Male unless Female has other stats/perks/whatever that i like better.

Sangtrain

Feb 13, 2010
Females. I prefer when the "Badass" of the story ends up being a chick. Not enough games that do that on their own that I have played/seen. =(

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I play as a male most of the time, unless my brother is around while i'm making my character then I play female just so I don't have to hear his shrill voice calling me gay for choosing to spend an entire game looking at a dude.