RROD (Red Ring of Death) Good or Bad thing?

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
The inevitable has happened with my "faulty batch 360". So last night my xbox red rings on me (just to state the obvious in case someone didn't read the thread title :)) last night. Now here is the weird bit... Instead of falling the the ground sobbing and trying to fix it on the power of "love" I ended up laughing.. and was happy about it... this is what baffles me. Up until this point, when it was working it was all great, and dreading the day it would break, now it's broke, all is better than it was with the recently deceased xbox.

So, has anyone else experienced this strange pleasure?

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not exactly happy of it breaking, It's just an uncaring "oh well" view point :p

JakCurse

Dec 13, 2008
i was dreading mine breaking, (old old OLD one. first set, right from the start) and after about a year and a bit, voila. instead of becoming all hysterical, i went "oh, guess i won't be finishing THAT game for a while then!" pulled down a box from on top of my wardrobe, and printed out the label. i wasn't bothered. but then again, i'm more of a PC gamer, so it wasn't a superhuge loss for me :)

walkingdead127

Jun 24, 2009
My first one happened on X-box. I had no idea it was coming, found out what it was, and cried in the corner.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Usually Things with Death in the name are considered bad things... But thats just my logic...

Patchi Knowledge

Jul 17, 2009
I dreaded it for a very long time, But...my second Xbox 360 works far better than the last one, so it may just be somewhat of a good thing actually.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I was happy when mine got RROD because the disc drive was faulty and my discs weren't reading/were getting scratched, because of the double faults I got sent a brand new one rather than a refurbished one for free.

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
megapenguinx said:
Don't people usually laugh to protect the brain from severe trauma?
Bingo

And RRoD is going to happen, its a question of when.

Jun 11, 2008
I have never gotten the red ring of death and I've had an xbox360 since they came so it can be bad or not too bad I hear about people who get them all the time though.

Demiath

Mar 12, 2009
From a psychological perspective, it makes perfect sense to assume that not having to live in agonizing uncertainty anymore ("when is it going to break? today, tomorrow or in two years?") would produce a feeling of relief.

I've had my 360 since early 2006 so I expect it to crash anytime soon, and I similarily feel like that could actually be a Good Thing (especially since it won't be particularly difficult for me to simply go out and get a new one).

That said, if the crappy old console scratches one of my game discs I'm going to kill it myself and post one of those "I Murdered an Xbox" videos on YouTube... ;)

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
When mine died I was sad(ish) because i was halfway through a game. But my gold had just ended and they gave me a month of free gold, so it all worked out.

One time I came up with a conspiritsy theory that microsoft perposly makes the xboxs get rings of death, so they can check if the xbox is playing burt games to try to reduce the amount of burt games being played.

Dr Fruitloop

Jul 17, 2009
Well Personally I was thrilled when mine died cause it gave me an excuse to go out and buy a PS3 XD

...naturally Microsoft have fixed my Xbox now but its a sadder and lonelier console.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
When I got RROD I scowled at my Xbox with contempt, and proceeded to make myself some breakfast. Then I went into a quiet rage for the rest of the week.

cordeos

Apr 2, 2009
I am really glad Microsoft doesn't make computers, my xbox lasted for a much shorter time than my PS2 and Dreamcast and the 360 proved they are simply not a hardware company

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
I was saddened. I have been told that I cried on that terrible afternoon, but I think that was just a friend of mine trying to make me appear more weak and nerdy in front of girls.

Yeah, it sucks. But my old Xbox was a complete pile of shit, so getting a new one was spectacular in my opinion.