Rumor: 3DS Won't Support Imports

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I pray that this rumor isn't true. I am a JRPG fan and I've had to import for portables for a while now and if Nintendo pulls a dick move like this then I'll import a US 3DS and save money since the aussie dollar is strong at the moment.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
A week after it comes out there will be crack to get around it. Trust me. And I no I'm the only one thinking this.

But on the other, I don't really mind as I don't import my games. But I no some people who do.

this will also be annoying when it comes down to region only releases, such as decent games that only come out in Japan.

But this should mean less games will be region only and more world wide other wise their are going to be some unhappy people.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That's just moronic. It gives pirates one more excuse. I have a few import games I bought in the US while I was there, and it was cheap and wasn't out yet here in Sweden. Why do the 3DS keep giving me excuses to not buy it, I was so excited!

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Kysafen said:
And here I was almost positive I was going to have a clean, unhacked, video gaming system.

Oh Nintendo, you've proven me wrong again. Wellp, might as well wait for someone to inevitably hack it.
Sad thing is I know of a lot of other gamers thinking the same thing.

That's the rub with DRM. You have to make sure it's not actually *encouraging* people to pirate/hack/crack.