Rumor: Call of Duty 7 Is "Black Ops," Has Dedicated Servers

mcgroobber

Jan 3, 2010
after that trash called WaW, i will never ever (unless i change my mind) buy a treyarch game, they suck and WaW sucked even worse

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Undead Warfare said:
dogstile said:
Undead Warfare said:
Its NOT fucking Call of Duty 7. Fuck people are retarded. When Call of Duty 5 does come out, people are going to be confused. Mostly just the idiots.
Oh, and why not? There have been six "Call Of Duty" games, and "Modern warfare" still had the Call Of Duty line in it. I'm looking at the case now, it's there.
Its doesn't work by how many games are out. Look at your case closer. Is there a 6 on it? What about Finest Hour? Roads to Victory? We'd be at 9 right now. But HEY thats not the case. Cause then if we did count it that way, Modern Warfare would be "Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare".
well damn, I guess I didn't know about those. Erm, they don't count k :L (yes, i am joking)

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Well bugger be backwards, a mission about the Iranian embassy?!

Count me the fuck in.

If it's true that is :p

But I'll be getting this game regardless. I loved WaW singleplayer, it easily matched the intensity and brutality of the other titles, and was just generally great fun to play. I trust Treyarch to make a decent game :D

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
They need to make Call of Duty: Biblical Warfare.

Experience the action packed fights between Adam and Eve.

Eve: Ooh, this apple looks so tasty. That long worm told me to eat it too!
Adam: Don't do it Eve, God told us not to!
Eve: Oh stop being such a pussy, prude. *Chomps!*
*Thunder and lightning along with a bellowing echoed scream*
Adam: You *****!

And much, much more!!!

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I prefer WAW's multiplayer infinetly to MW2's. You know what? World at War is BETTER than MW2. World at War is AS GOOD AS Modern Warfare (1). The zombies mode made the game brilliant, I think I've spent more hours than that with my friends than God knows what!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
John Funk said:
Would you prefer Call of Duty: Probably In Vietnam But Maybe the Cold War In General?
I'd rather 'Call Of Duty: Battlefield Vietnam 2 but-with-only-3-or-so-vehicles-and-that's-if-you're-lucky'

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Undead Warfare said:
Its NOT fucking Call of Duty 7. Fuck people are retarded. When Call of Duty 5 does come out, people are going to be confused. Mostly just the idiots.
7th COD game = Call of Duty 7.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
If these rumors are true, this could turn out to be substantially better than MW2. Go Treyarch!

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Oh come on , sure no dedicated servers sucked but MW2 was a pretty decent game. I had loads of fun with it and don't regret buying it whatsoever. It wasn't like the original but it kept my blood boil.

The real issue I had with the game is false gravity. Bullets going from assault rifles miles away and killing a sniper and stuff like that . That's why now I play BC2 , the realism in it is superb . Just hope this game has that kinda thing BC2 brought to me . Bullets affected by gravity , destructible buildings and so on . If they have dedicated servers then that's even more reasons to buy it!

Then again...I'll give my money to Bobby . Oh well , just hope he'll get so rich he'll stop caring about the company , move to Caraibe and leave the leadership to a guy that actually cares about gaming.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
mcgroobber said:
after that trash called WaW, i will never ever (unless i change my mind) buy a treyarch game, they suck and WaW sucked even worse
Blame actishit and insanity ward for giving them an outdated version of an engine they never worked with, no documentation to go with it, 9 months to make, a team about a third the size of IW and a strict order to not do anything that wasn't in CoD4. Given what they had to work with, their result is stellar.

3dfx

Mar 30, 2010
AkJay said:
Once a franchise gets past "5", I stop caring all together.
Should check out Final Fantasy VII, pretty good game, heard a few people think it's pretty good.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Black Ops will take place over a number of years from the ending of World War II onward with a focus on Cold War settings like Cuba, South America, and - of course- Vietnam. As with Modern Warfare, several missions will let gamers play as British SAS agents, one of which "pitches you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980's" (almost certainly Operation Nimrod).
Does actually sound interesting, but should be a less linear experience then...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
there is absolutely no reason at this point to reinstate the dedicated servers. seeing that activision still made a killing on the PC market with the majority of idiots who was boycotting it actually bought the game. plus, y spend more money making the PC unique to the console version? when a simple port will still earn them ridiculous money :p

im thru with CoD. im putting my money into EA and my old favorite franchise Medal of Honor. (granted every time EA is involved with an old franchises they tend to kill it. case and point C&C)

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
"If a tree falls in the woods and no-one hears it, will Treyarch still make a Call of Duty Game?"
Haha.

Operation 'not' Nimrod, if it is in the game will (hopefully) be awsome to play.
This sounds good. Almost too good to be true

I wonder (providing that this is actually true) whether Treyarch will stick to real Cold War battles, or if they'll make some up (like what if USSR and friends invade Western Europe).
You could have some pretty interesting battles in Europe as the US/UK (and other) forces fighting against the invading Soviets. Just think of the huge tank battles!

I'll be watching this. (And will be annoyed if all this turns out to be crap)

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
MadMechanic said:
"If a tree falls in the woods and no-one hears it, will Treyarch still make a Call of Duty Game?"
"I don't have a little birdy in my trousers."

*ahem* Moving on, that point about the possible Iranian embassy sequence has got me intrigued. But personally, I'd like to see the SBS get some screen time. Even if they're not as publicly well known as the SAS.