Rumor: Dark Souls 3 Will Be Revealed At E3

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Rumor: Dark Souls 3 Will Be Revealed At E3

According to an unnamed source, not only will Dark Souls 3 be revealed at E3 2015 - it will be directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki himself.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/e3-2015/13992-E3-Open-To-Invited-Public>E3 begins in a mere two weeks, at which point gamers will be drowning in new game announcements, trailers, and previews. It also means you should expect rampant speculation around which games will be revealed, and according to sources at VG24/7 Dark Souls 3 will be one of them. Of course, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dark%20souls?os=dark+souls>the successful Dark Souls series getting a sequel isn't so surprising - but the real twist would be original director Hidetaka Miyazaki returning to the franchise after his work on Bloodborne.

At this point, it's worth remembering that until we receive confirmation from Sony, Namco, or From Software, this is technically still a rumor. For example, we don't have any details on what features Dark Souls 3 would have or what will make its brutal difficulty curve stand out for a third outing.

That being said, Miyazaki's return would be an incredibly promising detail. After directing the original Demon's Souls and Dark Souls Miyazaki moved into a supervisory role, opting to instead direct the spiritual successor <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/13669-Bloodborne-Has-the-Pedigree-of-the-Dark-Souls-Series>Bloodborne. Even though Dark Souls 2 was still a critically acclaimed game, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8945-Dark-Souls-2-Prepare-to-Die-Again>some fans found notable differences from the original such as lackluster boss fights. Miyazaki could very well bring those fans back into the fold, where they'd happily be crushed to death by countless horrific monstrosities.

Regardless, we won't know for sure until Sony's E3 press conference on Monday, June 15. Here's hoping that whatever direction Dark Souls takes is equal parts riveting and punishing.

Source: VG24/7

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Miyazaki... working on a sequel... for the first time? Should be interesting.

If this turns out to be true, I believe I'll win a bet with a friend because he doesn't think FromSoft's next game will be Dark Souls III.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Wow! I did not expect that :O

I still need to play Demon Souls and DS2 before this comes out! I played the shit out of DS1 & Bloodborne.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I doubt... But I don't doubt a Dark Souls 3 in the future.
Bloodborne it's nice, but Dark Souls became From Software flagship franchise so it's not something that can or maybe even want let it go just yet.

I just hope that it's better than Dark Souls 2.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Why are some people assuming this is going to be a Sony exclusive? Dark Souls has always Multi-platform. Can't wait to see if there is nay news about DK3 at E3. Love the Soul Series.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
If true, I'm on board completely. Loved both Dark Souls games. Loved Bloodborne as well, but it didn't feel as grand and epic as the Souls games. Probably because it's mostly in a city? I don't know, it just didn't have that same sense of wonder that Souls does.
Of course, hopefully we'll get some detail on the Bloodborne expansion too, because it'd be perfect timing.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A Dark Souls 3 by Namco would not surprise me in the least.

But not only getting From back to do it, but also getting Miyazaki to direct it... seems too good to be true.

But if it is true, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Outcast107 said:
Why are some people assuming this is going to be a Sony exclusive?
Im not seeing where anyone speculates Sony exclusivity. And Sony are allowed to announce multiplatform titles at thier conference, as Microsoft is so fond of doing.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
gigastar said:
A Dark Souls 3 by Namco would not surprise me in the least.

But not only getting From back to do it, but also getting Miyazaki to direct it... seems too good to be true.

But if it is true, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Outcast107 said:
Why are some people assuming this is going to be a Sony exclusive?
Im not seeing where anyone speculates Sony exclusivity. And Sony are allowed to announce multiplatform titles at thier conference, as Microsoft is so fond of doing.
Within the OP they report they didn't receive any confirmation form Sony. Which to me, looks like it makes it a Sony own game. Plus I never said they can't announce it (Not sure where YOU got that from.) As well as someone already said about being jealous of PS4 owners.

I was merely commenting on these two things thats all.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010

I mean, I love me some Souls as much as the next time but I just swallowed at least 10 gallons worth of blood these past couple months already.

Still hyped for it.

powerneed

May 31, 2012
all i know if it is a ps4 exclusive i am done with both sony and from software where i will only buy used games and used consoles from sony

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I don't own a PS4, but I have essentially seen every bit of Bloodborne played through a few times by a couple people. It did not convince me I needed a PS4. While I am a fan of cosmic horror, and Souls games, I saw very little to like about Bloodborne.

I thought it was a great game in its own right, but it isn't for me. Only a handful of weapons looked interesting, the spells were pretty lame, the gear was practically pointless, and combat pretty much boiled down to spamming R1 and charge attacks and occasionally healing yourself.

The level and boss design was pretty good, the music not so much compared to previous titles. The story was pretty interesting, and the endings were surprisingly good and not completely arbitrary and vague. The characters were few and honestly I didn't care for any of them apart from the doll.

So, just as every game thus far has had a lot of improvements it also had a few shortcomings. In this case they were enough to not convince me to poop out several hundred dollars I don't have to play it myself.

Dark Souls 3 though, that might do it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
yay!!! :D a whole new place to die horribly in and usually because I missed that ass hole with the cross bow on the ledge ...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Seems unlikely actually. I know FromSoft is still working on expansions for Bloodborne, which I'm happy about. It also seems unlikely that it would be revealed at the Sony conference because Sony doens't own the rights to Dark Souls, it's published through NamcoBandai. But we'll see what happens.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
I just hope it's better then Dark Souls 2.

The whole agility stat, ruined state of magic, poor lore and geography, weakened mechanics (Poise, Weight, dodge roll, parry), derped new mechanics (Shield Break is actually a riposte, and a riposte is actually a shield break, in my mind. Why? Why would a parry knock you on your ass, but not some dude kicking your shield so hard it totally opens you to attack. Tree-Kicking.)

Really bit into the enjoyability of Dark Souls 2.