Rumor: Dead Rising 3 Details

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Awesome! I like the progression in the Dead Rising series on zombies and the infected, sound A LOT like reality. Plus, a California setting sounds awesome. I'm guessing there might be a slum location for illegals.

I'm excited already, let's hope E3 2012 we get a teaser or something.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
I'm excited already, let's hope E3 2012 we get a teaser or something.
Well if Capcom do with this what they did with DR2, then we'll get a teaser at E3 2012 promising a christmas release, then they'll progressively push it back by 9 months because they've got a weak line-up that year, then we'll get virtually the same trailer with a couple of new bits of footage we've already seen from other trailers/gameplay demos on it at E3 2013.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Rumor: Dead Rising 3 Details
I appreciate games with "blue collar" heroes. And really, survival games are one of the best places to showcase them. These folks have skills that can really contribute to the survival of man in a post-Apocalypse world -- I'd like to see a stock broker use his skills to get water or heat to people.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Why do many illegal immigration characters have to be written in California ? isn't there somewhere else?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Shameless said:
Why do many illegal immigration characters have to be written in California ? isn't there somewhere else?
California is pretty much the central stronghold of liberalism in America and it's both connected to Mexico and a key contested area between the US and Mexico with a lot of Mexicans believing it should be part of their country to begin with.

It's pretty much the best place to make arguements both for and against illegal immigration as it's where it has a lot of impact, as well as being one of the biggest strongholds of political support for it.

It's also important to note that dealing with illegal immigration issues elsewhere in the US raises a lot of entirely differant moral questions. See the illegals coming in from Mexico are simply after a higher standard of living while having little or no interested in cultural adaption and becoming Americans. In many cases sending a lot of the money they make off the record (and tax free, the US doesn't get income tax from illegals) directly back into Mexico and feeding it's economy rather than our own. Some illegal worker "sending money back home to his family" or whatever doesn't sound like a bad thing, but when yout dealing with this times millions of people it suddenly becomes a big deal. A lot of people will talk about how this kind of of thing is a "drop in the bucket" but when you look at the state of the US economy all these "little" issues add up and need to be addressed one little bit at a time. This is one of the reasons why it's such a big deal. Understand it's not just federal tax monies but also state taxes that are becoming an increasing issue as well, with more and more states running deficits, and the issue of illegals coming in and using the resources while not paying anything into the system is a big one. An economic drain, plus higher costs... yeah.

If you were to say use New England where I live, our illegal immigration problems mostly come about in the form of "boat people" that is to say asians and various islanders being snuck into the country via boat. It's a differant issue because these guys aren't just coming here for economic reasons, but to escape regimes a lot differant and more oppressive than that of mexico. Most of these people having no real continued connection to their homeland or support of it. This of course raises it's own problems in terms of human trafficing, and of course lack of cultural assimilation taking the form of "Chinatown" type districts (Little Seoul, etc...), and of course the influx of organized crime that hides behind the cultural barrier, and so on.

A zombie outbreak works better with the issues inherant in the southern border illegal immigration issues. For other types of immigration various crime dramas and such cover it a lot better, depending on the political spin. It's much easier to empathize with the so called "boat people" than the illegals coming in through the southern border, but they themselves bring their own problems with them which have to be addressed very differantly. Even if I ultimatly feel "throw them out of the country if they are here illegally" still applies as heartless as that might seem. There are big picture concerns.

The point here isn't to start a huge debate on illegal immigration, just to explain why they chose that location, and how the issues differ depending on location and what group of illegals your dealing with.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Illegal immigration? I approve, if they tackle it with the same *cough* subtlety as Robert Rodriguez' Machete did.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Aslong as they throw in the duct-tape-fu that made me fall in love with Dead Rising 2 so much, I couldn't really care much about the plot.
This is Capcom after all.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Oh dear...Capcom exploring a social conflict involving race...oh well, we'll have our news headlines for a few weeks in the future when certain...details come to light.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Frank West SHOULD be in the game. Honestly, Dead Rising 2: off the record was a much more solid game than DR2 was!