Rumor: Hulu Coming to the 360

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Marmooset said:
Mr. Grey said:
If I recall they were going to start charging for membership. I don't know if they ditched that plan realizing just how stupid it was or not, but that was the official word.

If they're that desperate to charge... I'd bet they'd charge even on Xbox Live Gold Membership.
So PC viewers would be enjoying the fruit of Xbox users' labors?
I support this ironic reversal!
Possibly, if they ditched the whole PC Membership nonsense. I actually cursed and swore that I have never seen such a stupid business plan in my life. If they're barely squeaking by on Advertisements... like hell are they going to get anywhere with Memberships!

The Escapist is different however... I love it and will support it because it gives me things I can't get elsewhere. Whereas Hulu I can pretty much get all of that through Netflix with delicious commentary and the like or - you know - on the regular ol' TV for free. Not to mention I could find said shows elsewhere, non-legitimately but I'd feel too guilty doing that... yet that won't stop the others that will turn to the non-legitimate method.

Now! If they actually do ask for subscription through Xbox Live, I'd expect a vast majority to pay for it... but I also expect Microsoft to be paying Hulu some pretty coin also. That won't stop them from actually considering and more than likely accepting the idea to charge Xbox Live Users, however. But it keeps them afloat for us PC users, can't argue with that as much as I may detest it.

In short: I too support this ironic reversal! [sub]If only for irony's sake.[/sub]

Tyshalle

Apr 25, 2009
I wouldn't mind it, actually. I would prefer to watch Hulu on my big-screen TV just as I like watching Netflix streaming on my TV, rather than on my PC. Since I already have a gold membership, this would be an extra perk. All I'd need to do is sign up for a Hulu membership, which, as of now, is free.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Wow you people are a bunch of Negative Nellys. I read the "Subscription" part to me that you have an account with Hulu, so that you can set up a queue of what you want to watch and all that, flag shows so you get notified when a new episode is released, etc. I have that set up now.

Also, Hulu has been talking about starting to charge for some time, but I hope they don't.

As to why would you use it? Because it's a lot easier to get it on my tv through my remote and xbox controller than to get my PC to display on my TV. Having to stand up and go to the mouse to pause and unpause is annoying. I'm lazy, let me do it with a remote.

I look forward to this.

VirusHunter

Nov 19, 2009
Too bad I live in Canada...man I hate all this broadcasting rights bullshit. Shouldn't the original producers own all the broadcasting rights to their shows? And why should the company with the broadcasting rights be able to sue me if I post one of their shows? Shouldn't the company that, y'know, owns the show be the only one able to do that?

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Woodsey said:
Isn't Hulu free?

Why the fuck am I going to then pay for it?

Just use a COMPUTER.
I'd guess you might not get the commercials with the 360 one?

As for the news:
Meh, not american so I cant get it, besides Hulu has some issues I would like them to fix before I can call it a good idea.

Byrn Stuff

Nov 16, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe...you know...an internet browser? That'd be nicer, and that'd let us use Hulu, too.

Also, THEY HAVE THE A-TEAM?!

*goes to watch*

I'm with you. I'd prefer an internet browser.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
A fee on top of gold subscription?
This is me giving the finger to Microsoft.

Wanna see me do it again?