Rumor: Infinity Ward Working On Modern Warfare Prequel

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I mean, evidence from Black Ops suggests that Price is the SAS agent going after Mason and the others.
Where is such proof located my friend?
The very last intel. After it is un-blacked out (if that's even a word), it says that Mason and the others have become a liability. So the CIA is going to go after them. It mentions that they are working with a new agent from the SAS, and although young, his superiors claim he's good. His name is John -----. His last name is blacked out, but it's five letters long. So people are guessing that it's Price. Seeing as Infinity Ward has "left", I guess Treyarch can start crossing over into Modern Warfare's territory. If Reznov is still alive (as that code suggested), a game with him, Soap, Price, Mason, Woods, Hudson, and Nikoli would probably break the universe or something.

great-paladin

Mar 10, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I mean, evidence from Black Ops suggests that Price is the SAS agent going after Mason and the others.
The very last intel. After it is un-blacked out (if that's even a word), it says that Mason and the others have become a liability. So the CIA is going to go after them. It mentions that they are working with a new agent from the SAS, and although young, his superiors claim he's good. His name is John -----. His last name is blacked out, but it's five letters long. So people are guessing that it's Price. Seeing as Infinity Ward has "left", I guess Treyarch can start crossing over into Modern Warfare's territory. If Reznov is still alive (as that code suggested), a game with him, Soap, Price, Mason, Woods, Hudson, and Nikoli would probably break the universe or something.
ah ok i haven't gained em all so i can't read that yet, quick question how do i read them?

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I didn't think IW had enough left in them to make a game. Now I see it may be about Ghost and my belief has come true. I think they should just forget about making money. They should instead make an absolutely dreadful game to kill the MW franchise before it gets worse and to get back at Activision.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Wait...

Didn't he die when he jumped through that window with the guy that was trying to grenade him and Mason to death?

And yes, I did just use 'grenade' as a verb, you gotta' problem with that?

VirusHunter

Nov 19, 2009
Aww man, I was hoping for Post-Modern Warfare! But if the next entry in the series is about Ghost, then I guess that's okay too.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
What are they going to call it.
"Relatively recent Warfare"
"Moderately Contemporary Warfare"

Maybe they'll just rename the existing games "Post-Modern Warfare"

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
It might be good, if it was made with General Shepard as the Player Character.

And if they made the Single Player campaign great.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I keep forgetting that Infinity Ward is really just a name anymore and almost none of the people responsible for its success are still there.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
BakaSmurf said:
So long as they go back to the way they told the story in the original Modern Warfare and cut the fuck down on the stupidly over-the-top action sequences and keep the game relatively grounded in reality (you know, like the original Modern Warfare was), I'll be happy

Well, I'm going to keep an ear out for this one and see how it pans out if it is in fact real, I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Anyone but Ghost...Come on. He's so stupid-looking, with that incredible douche-bag mask.

Give us a Captain Price game already.
Why the hell does it matter if you think Ghost looks like a douche because of his mask? The most you'll ever see of him were he to get his own game would be his friggin' arms, and maybe his torso and legs if IW decides to make them visible whenever you look down.

Also, I agree with the Price (assuming you're referring to modern Price) thing, getting to play as him in his earlier years as an SAS Operative would be pretty sweet.
1) They can't DO over the top action sequences is it's a prequel. There was no mention of any huge events like nukes and such in Modern warefare, so there would be HUGE plot holes if they took this new game too far.
Ahem... :p

But really, they could do over-the-top action sequences, just not involving nukes or similar. That leaves the door open for plenty of crazy snowmobile leaps over huge ravines, and quicktime fist fights in the rotors of a helicopter in midair.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I'd like to know more about Price.
CoD: Moustache Warfare

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
If it is of a decent length and doesn't have a fucking brain-dead story like the last MW game, it might be worth a look, but otherwise, this series can go die in a ditch for all I care. The last one was a joke if you ask me, and frankly, given their current track record, I'm not holding my breath.

Toeys

Mar 30, 2010
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare '90s style...for the LULz" - it would still sell millions.

But they can always go over the top with things. They can just call the missions Ghost went on super-secret-solid-snake-style, allowing them to do whatever crazy things they want to.

And i can't see why people are whining about plot holes, or lack of originality. It's Call of Duty 8! Whatever did you expect? Even if i didnt play cod 2-5 i know how the story goes, letting you follow several different characters to get their view of the story. The story takes you from one disaster to the other, then you get backstabbed and then the whole thing ends in a "climax". You quit the game and startup multiplayer. The same multiplayer there has been for a while. The actual balancing of the games perks and weapons are actually done in the next game rather than fixing the game they just released. It's like that every time.

They would never leave the comfortzone with series like this, and plotholes will always exist in them, since people don't really care about the single player. Actually if someone do, the fanbois will tear the reviewer apart.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
BakaSmurf said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Wait...

Didn't he die when he jumped through that window with the guy that was trying to grenade him and Mason to death?

And yes, I did just use 'grenade' as a verb, you gotta' problem with that?
I thought that too, so I asked about it. Apparently, Mason receives an e-mail from someone named "X" saying that Woods is alive and is in a VC prison camp. He's the only one left there. I'll admit, this seems unlikely given that the explosion would kill a normal human, but then I thought, "Well, you never go and check on the body. Mason just gets up and leaves." So it's possible. Note: I haven't been able to read the e-mail myself because that stupid terminal gives me a headache. I'm not good with computers.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
ah ok i haven't gained em all so i can't read that yet, quick question how do i read them?
Main menu. There's an option that says Intel. Select that, then pages will show up. Whatever intel you don't have will remain blacked out. What you do have, you can read.

Mr. Ruckus

Jun 10, 2010
If you really wanna learn about ghost, i recommend going and picking up the comic book. Not to mention its hard to sympathize with a faceless character, which is why i was way more moved by Gaz dieing than ghost. Plus, ghost is dead! We know how the story is gonna end! i would be way more happy with a continuation of the story with Price and Soap, seeing how the IW team would write their way out of that.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Valkyrie101 said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
BakaSmurf said:
snip

Onyx Oblivion said:
snip
snip
Ahem... :p

But really, they could do over-the-top action sequences, just not involving nukes or similar. That leaves the door open for plenty of crazy snowmobile leaps over huge ravines, and quicktime fist fights in the rotors of a helicopter in midair.
...Well thanks for sucking my budding enthusiasm for the potentially non-existant game right back down the drain. :/

Sniper Team 4 said:
BakaSmurf said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
great-paladin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
snip
snip
snip
I thought that too, so I asked about it. Apparently, Mason receives an e-mail from someone named "X" saying that Woods is alive and is in a VC prison camp. He's the only one left there. I'll admit, this seems unlikely given that the explosion would kill a normal human, but then I thought, "Well, you never go and check on the body. Mason just gets up and leaves." So it's possible. Note: I haven't been able to read the e-mail myself because that stupid terminal gives me a headache. I'm not good with computers.
Interesting... Maybe they fell on a box and rolled on opposite sides or something, causing Woods to only recieve relatively minor fragmentation damage, thus preventing him from following Mason but not killing him?

Now I'm in total WMG mode for Black Ops, this is gonna be a while...