Rumor: Iran Responding to Battlefield 3 with Anti-Israel Game

topwomble

Jun 26, 2010
reminds me of south park when the islamic world makes that anti-american cartoon in response to family guy showing the prophet muhammad.
life imitating art

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
samsonguy920 said:
Know what will really piss me off about this? When the White House or some loud mouth Congressman actually reacts to it like Iran wants. If they really want to make Iran feel like it isn't the center of the Middle East, then there best not be anybody in Washington or from Fox News saying a word when the game gets released. Israel can cry all it wants, that won't matter.
The trouble is, Fox and some loud mouth Congressman will speak up about this, and Ayatollah and President will feel justified in anything they do to try to egg the US on.
I have nothing against Iran making a game about some attack on Tel Aviv. Frankly the government of Israel has it coming. But the underlying attempt might actually do its purpose, whatever format or quality the game is.
(And unless they are full of vaporware, there are game companies in Iran that do produce quality games. But as was stated before, most likely this one will be so rushed through it will have more bugs than an average Bethesda release.)

It remains to be seen what happens from this.
i agree whole heartedly, and when i imagine this i imagine it with a huge trollface overlapping his face :D

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
TheBelgianGuy said:
Arif_Sohaib said:
ThatDarnCoyote said:
Arif_Sohaib said:
At least they aren't like some of the people appearing on Fox who would blame all the world's evils on games. At least they look at games as a way of story telling and by extension, their statements prove that Iran officially considers games as art and their ruling class is admitting this despite not playing any games at all and all of you ignore this fact.
They don't consider games "art", they see them as a means of propaganda, which is not the same thing. Battlefield 3, whatever you may think of it, was not produced by an arm of the American government.

As for them not being like Fox News who "blame all the world's evil on games", the Iranians take a much more old-fashioned approach by blaming all the world's evil on the Jews. [http://www.debka.com/article/21536/]
Art has always been used as propaganda, just look at the Great Pyramid, it was propaganda for the ruler of that time.
The site you quoted with a strange propaganda like banner on the top asking "Who are the real Jews?" in Farsi(yes, I can read a bit of Farsi as it is similar to Urdu), doesn't exactly seem unbiased. Iran actually has reserved seats for Jews in their Parliament, as it does for every other religious minority. They are against Israel and the US for killing Mossadeq and supporting the tyrannical Shah and continuously trying to challenge their government and portraying them as villains and not allowing them the same right and technology to defend themselves against any attack from Israel, which has constantly been threatening to attack it.
Yeah, all the posts in this thread are so funny. Nobody knows shit about Iran, or any other country besides their good ol' US of A. Just what they heard others say on the tv or... in a videogame.

And then when Iran fears a videogame for the perception it brings to these sheeple who have no idea of their own... WELL THEN IRAN IS STUPID HARHARHAR!

Please. If CAnada and Mexico were occupied by China, and if they had established several hundreds of military bases around the US, and had a reputation for warmongering and invading countries because they had "WMDS" but then couldn't find them...
And then suddenly China starts pumping out games to depict the US as villains and about destroying and invading major US cities...
You would not be alarmed?

Rofl. Stop fooling yourselves.
i think i love your logic....why do people make assumptions about iran..it was a nice place before it got ripped in two with all the political craposity..

AMK11

Dec 15, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Hevva said:
"Their reaction was that it is only a game and we should take it easy, but with the game set in Tehran, it is simply not acceptable," he said.
Hey, Hevva, regarding this part, when do you think people will finally get it that if you live on this planet, you're fair game to be the bad guy?

And do they seriously think a game about about attacking Israel will make me madder than a game about attacking Washington? They've got to be stupid. Unlike the censorship board in Iran, I know that games ARE JUST GAMES.

/rant.

(Oh, and Hevaa, that wasn't aimed at you. Well, the question was, but the rest of it wasn't. Just clearing that up pre-emptively).
jeez, do u really think they care about u being mad over their game ? Iam sure they dont even care about u playing it . its very simple : as i explained here before ; ofcurse American's clivil/gamer dont get mad becuz of such game ,as Iranian gamer didnt get mad over Battlefield 3,they all know its just game and fiction. infact all of them played it as they play other games . its noting to do with us its government.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
i am amazed by some of the "DICE is not american, Iran is overreacting" posts here...i don't suppose any of you have heard of bribes or subtle recommendations by the media part of the (CIA or FBI, i forget which)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
Hevva said:
"Their reaction was that it is only a game and we should take it easy, but with the game set in Tehran, it is simply not acceptable," he said.
Hey, Hevva, regarding this part, when do you think people will finally get it that if you live on this planet, you're fair game to be the bad guy?

And do they seriously think a game about about attacking Israel will make me madder than a game about attacking Washington? They've got to be stupid. Unlike the censorship board in Iran, I know that games ARE JUST GAMES.

/rant.

(Oh, and Hevaa, that wasn't aimed at you. Well, the question was, but the rest of it wasn't. Just clearing that up pre-emptively).
jeez, do u really think they care about u being mad over their game ? Iam sure they dont even care about u playing it . its very simple : as i explained here before ; ofcurse American's clivil/gamer dont get mad becuz of such game ,as Iranian gamer didnt get mad over Battlefield 3,they all know its just game and fiction. infact all of them played it as they play other games . its noting to do with us its government.
I'm sorry, but I am not able to interpret your response. Would you mind responding again without the text speak?

AMK11

Dec 15, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
Hevva said:

/rant.

I'm sorry, but I am not able to interpret your response. Would you mind responding again without the text speak?
I think My point is clear .unless its ur first time using computer .

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
Hevva said:

/rant.

u
If your thoughts can't be easily understood at first glance, then the point you are trying to make is not clear, my friend. I'm all for a good debate and exchange of opinions, but when I am unable to understand the person I am speaking (or in this case typing) to, it makes debate and conversation next to impossible.

Zach of Fables

Oct 5, 2011
Life imitates art and art imitates life. During the '90s all the shooters were killing Nazis because World War 2 was a war that Americans knew about and connected with. Now they are set in the Middle East because America is fighting the Middle East and it is on a lot of peoples' minds. And given the tensions with Iran (which are not new) it makes sense that Battlefield 3 would depict a war between our two countries. It only seems like there are a million games in which the player kills Arabs because there are so many ripoffs of the big names like Call of Duty. My point is these things move in cycles and reflect the outside world, and complaining about it makes sense but really isn't going to change that system.

Slightly off topic: Has anyone played Wings Over Israel? I've started the updated version and have been having quite a good time with it.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Irridium said:
Oh calm down.

New York gets blown to shit countless times in games, you don't see them complaining about it. Or much people complaining about Washington getting fucked in Modern Warfare 2. The city, Washington. Not the person. If it was the person then yeah, complaints would probably be had. Especially if it was full on graphic- you know what? I'll just stop here.

Though having so many games featuring the Middle-East lately... it is getting pretty old. And I suppose people would flip their shit if you played the attackers attacking the US instead of the defenders.
And jet those things aren't even close to invading Iran.

In those games you're the defender and you succeed in it. You defended the country. You won.
But in BF3 you're invading Iran and you win doing so.

In "all those many games where the USA is invaded" (tho I don't know more than 4), the USA still wins. They defend them self.
But in all those many games where the USA invades the middle east, the USA wins, again and those countries lose. Ofc they will get mad.

There is a HUGE difference between being invaded and successfully defend yourself and being invaded and lose the war.

Read SyphonX and you will see that them worrying about all the shit being thrown against them is justified.

Just look at all those stupid games related to the middle east, at the news and at those sick US and Israeli politicians and how they talk about the middle east.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
We should release a game that we can choose the culture and ethnicity of the people we kill.

I shall name it "Democratic Hate".

Dubbing the screaming will be easy.

AMK11

Dec 15, 2011
Razada said:
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
AMK11 said:
Macgyvercas said:
Hevva said:

/rant.

u dont have to respone .i dont need it anyway. I think my point its clear .
Your point seems to be "No gamers care, it is all about what the government thinks" which is a fair enough point. However, I would disagree. Read this. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_269/8044-Muslims-in-My-Monitor

It is an article written by a Muslim gamer going on about the depictions of Arabs in computer games. It is a rather out of date article now but still, it is a very interesting read. It might help you come to terms with the idea that the average Arab gamer is getting pissed off at the depictions of all Arabs as bad guys (Outside of some Strategy games and Ass Creed.) So, friend, I disagree with your point.

The issue is not that it was an insult but what the game represents. "We are so used to the idea of invading your country to stop you from building nukes you might not be building it has turned into a game!"

That is my point.

I am now done.

Also...

"You dont have to response" is not correct grammar. If you are going to use text speak, please just abbreviate, do not misuse the language. And outside of texts textspeak is unwelcome. But if you MUST abbreviate everything you say, as I have stated, please make sure what you are saying makes sense.
oh i didnt know iam reading a post about English grammer??! I think while iam learning some more grammer mabey u should learn diffrence between Arabs and perisan/Iranian . did i said anyting about Arabs? they have their own Culture and ideas. u SAID they (IR government)are stupid that thinks u will get mad over their Game! the truth is you are not smart enough to understand the point . now read my post again . and try to Lrn som txt spking 2 . itz not hrd. :D

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
oh just fuck you iran... seriosly fuck you you want to annoy the americans go attack THEIR capitol! we didnt even have anything to do with this one! or did we...
next thing youll know they would say that dices CEO is a mosad agent...

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
>"The United States is governed by the Zionist Regime so Attack on Tel Aviv would make Americans angrier than a game about an attack on Washington."

>Zionist

They keep using that word.

I do not think it means what they think it means.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Treblaine said:
Hevva said:
In keeping with the calm rhetorical tone [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel] set by Iran's vocal leader in recent years, NCGF head Behruz Minaii told the Fars News Agency that, "The United States is governed by the Zionist Regime so Attack on Tel Aviv would make Americans angrier than a game about an attack on Washington."

"We have submitted several letters of objection to the developers of [Battlefield 3] but we have yet to receive a response," continued Minaii.

According to the Tehran Times, Minaii tried to get answers at the Dubai World Game Summit from Gears of War studio Epic Games (which is odd, unless it's a translation error or incorrect) but was not impressed with the response. "Their reaction was that it is only a game and we should take it easy, but with the game set in Tehran, it is simply not acceptable," he said.
But Digital Illusions CE (DICE) who made the game is an entirely Swedish developer!?!

America controlled by Israel?

This is Hideo-Kojima-on-acid level of insane idiocy, only it's not the final cutscene of a freaky-deaky video game, it's the ACTUAL words of an ACTUAL politician?!?
Actually it's the sentiments of like 99% of the culture in the region beyond Iran, even if American Left Wingers choose not to realize it. I could post tons of links starting with children's shows brainwashing kids to hate Americans and Jews (especially the latter) and going on about the connection.

You have to understand, Cultural Muslims want Jews dead for religious reasons, they want everyone dead or converted in the final equasion, but Jews occupy a special place in their hearts. ISREAL exists largely because of US muscle, with their homeland having been returned at the expense of the Muslims occupying it. What's more the US has turned Isreal into a major military power in the region by providing weapons, training, and resources in the beginning, and a degree of support even now. One of the big reasons why you haven't seen a blitz of Isreal is because the US would likely get involved directly if it was to happen.

You also have a situation where a lot of the Media in the US has been controlled by Jewish businessmen for a long period of time. Even without any overt religious messages, a lot of the moral compass of the US as presented through things like movies and TV shows can allegedly be traced back to Jews.

This is to say nothing of some evidence, that a lot of our leaders have largely been carried into power by the support of Jewish businessmen.

Granted none of these things are a big deal, and you can point out all the Non-Jews involved in media, and of course non-Jewish businessmen who have influanced elections financially, but to a Muslim who is ruled entirely by religious hatred... well, this takes on a whole differant tone especially when you see the actual result of the US setting up their greatest enemy in their back yard. Everything they think here tends to be in support of that.

To the Muslims given how long the Jews have been around compared to the US, they tend to think of the US as being the pawns, as opposed to us rather clumsily trying to right what we saw as an injustice (which I could write a huge post on, on it's own). Hence why we get cursed out and slated for destruction oftentimes right in the same breath.

Remember, the leadership we're dealing with down there isn't exactly rational by our standards. It's based entirely on faith. Even with the new constitutions in Afghanistan and Iraq we're dealing with nations that are defined as ISLAMIC nations with religious principles forming the foundation for their laws and education. The leaders are by and large theocrats.

I think what your feeling is a degree of culture shock, your basically seeing what guys like me have been talking about for years, and why I point towards needing to do some rather extreme things to deal with the region. We'd like to think people are the same everywhere and rationality dominates except for us evil, misguided, ignorant Americans, but well... in many cases the people who are being called backwards really are that backwards.

... I mean honestly, what the heck do you expect from a religious based nation ruled by theocrats? Of course they see everything religiously, and focus on their spiritual enemies as the foundation for everything. Do you think these guys create children's shows with the mascots being martyred when they are killed by evil Jews, and which go off about Islamic superiority as some kind of 4-chan like satire? They do it because they are 100% serious and this is how they think. This is how the leadership is, and the people actually see those programs as being educational which is why it's so sad, so scary, and such a nasty situation to deal with.

Oh... and we can thank Obama for ending the Iraq war. See one of the things that has served to keep things relatively quiet is that no matter what you might think of the war, we've had a huge military force there and nobody wanted to step too far out of line because they were afraid we might come for them with the strategies I have talked about. With this leverage gone, expect even more belligerance. I expect within 5-10 years things are going to be pretty bad, people will be going "WTF did we leave" or more to the point "WTF, didn't we finish this when we were down there" forgetting about all the arguements made against action in the region while it was going on.

As far as an Anti-Jewish/American video game goes... that's par for the course. I mean they already have children's prgramming with that message and nobody has done anything, why not video games?

To be honest if they DO make such a video game I'd imagine what they will probably do is pirate and modify someone else's game engine and create something similar to a mod. I doubt Iran cares much about American/Western copyrights any more than China does. The real question is not so much whether they could make a playable game, but where they have enough domestic graphics programmers to design all the needed skins and graphics. Of course then again due to the forethought and caution of the games industry deciding to create things like the *ahem* "Opposing Force" to drum up some contreversy, I wouldn't be surprised if they just wound up ripping a lot of the assets from other games to create the Muslim hero models, and then just put the US/Allied forces on the other side, with some new voice acting and clips.

They want a propaganda piece, it's not like what they are proposing is all that complex, and it's not like they don't have anyone down there who knows computers or whatever. They aren't *THAT* primitive which is part of the problem and why they present a threat. I mean if they were just riding camels around with scimitars and recurve bows nobody would care, but all stereotypes aside that's hardly the case despite the poverty and generally backwards nature of the culture. They have bombs, guns, electronics, and even a few cities with almost everything you'd expect in the first world despite the general condition of the country and how most people might live.

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Corporal Yakob said:
The Cheshire said:
Well, I'd like a military game where you shoot white non-Russian people instead of the usual "commies" or "brown people, presumably terrorists or cartel dealers, cause they're brown".

Really, these games are always racist-y deep down, let's have another sort of racism for a change. I want to shoot some Johns and Jacks for a change! I'm bored of killing Dimitri and Mohammed! I want WASP blood on my hands!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, RACISM, HURRAY HURRAY! CHEERS!
:mad: You damn dirty Islamofascist Communist hippy!

Seriously though we are in dire need of games where the West is the enemy-what a twist!
Actually, it would be better if none of the sides was portraited as neither good or evil. How about a game where you play missions on both sides, and explore each sides motivations and contradictions? Just like in reality! Battlefield 2 for PS2 shyly attempted this, it even had some FMVs with the news of both sides clearly manipulating reality. It was quite smart, I'd like to see more steps in that direction.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I don't know what to say in response to Therumancer's post (he seems to have gone off the deep end), but I can say that the few Iranians I do know are not Anti-Semitic nor to they seem to hold any particular paranoid delusions.

It also appears that all this current ant-Semitism and zionism-paranoia in Iran (and Middle East in general) appeared entirely after Israel formed, where before Jews had a great many rights in Iran, even permitted to drink alcohol to spite a wider state-wide ban on its consumption (outside of medical purposes).

I do not think "extreme" measures are needed. Within living memory Jews an Muslims were totally at peace with each other. This is not a religious dispute, this is a geographical dispute in the Israel-Palestine area that has grown completely out of proportion with far too many other nations and interests getting involved. We need to take religion out of the equation and calm the fuck down.

These minority of Iranians who say such crazy things about things like Zionist control of America should be ostracised and ridiculed for their ridiculous claims.