Rumor: Leaked Image Shows Dishonored II - Update

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Rumor: Leaked Image Shows Dishonored II - Update

A sequel to Arkane Studios' 2012 stealth-action hit Dishonored is reportedly about to be announced.

Update: According to Neogaf user Endless [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103027601&postcount=97], the image was sent via an anonymous email with the message "That might be of interest for you. Cant tell my sources. Your choice. #DarknessOfTyvia."

A random anonymous email doesn't exactly instill confidence that this is real, but we'll be keeping an eye on this and seeing if there's an official response.

Original story: Thief may not have dazzled reviewers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/11055-Thief-Review-The-Meh-Project], but there may soon be another way to get your stealth fix. If this supposedly leaked image from a mysterious presentation is accurate, Dishonored II is not only in development, it's far enough along to get a full reveal at E3 2014 in June.

The image was shared by Twitter user Dishonored Wiki [https://twitter.com/AllGamesBeta/status/440594494140862465], Tyvia is the northernmost island in the Empire, and as such is known for its cold atmosphere and "hostile ecosystem."

Naturally, this image doesn't constitute a formal announcement from Arkane or publisher Bethesda, so Dishonored II remains firmly in the rumor category for now. If either the publisher or developer issues a response, we'll keep you posted.

Source: VG247 [https://twitter.com/AllGamesBeta/status/440594494140862465].

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Please, please, please let it be true!

After the disappointment of Thief, a decent stealth game would be great!

Hopefully it'll be better balanced this time, with more options for going non-lethally.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Ooooooh! I certainly hope this is true. Would love to play a little more Dishonored!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Hmmm... I would like a new Dishonored game.

On the other hand, I could make that image in Photoshop in 10 minutes, 9 of which would be downloading Photoshop.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm sure the rumor is fake, but I'm surprised anyone feels like we need a rumour?

Whatever issue you have with the games industry, I don't think you can accuse them of failing to make sequels to successful games*. Or unsuccessful games. Or franchises that have been dead for ten years. Or sequels to sequels in franchises with a history of making sequels (I'm looking at you Assassins Creed 2.75 or whatever Brotherhood was meant to be). Or sequels to unsuccessful sequels of unsuccessful games that was itself a sequel in a franchise with a long history of sequels *coughLightningReturnscough*

They're making Dishonoured II. They'll make Fallout 4. They'll make Deus Ex:Human Revolution: More Revolutions. They'll make Grand Theft Auto 6 and CoD 259 and Titanfall 2 (and 3 and 4). We need rumours about franchises they might not be making, not the other way round. Square Enix have become a bit shaky with this outside of Final Fantasy. Tomb Raider 2 looked like it might not happen. The Last of Us 2 may not happen.

*Valve excepted :p

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Still got that sexy Fascist Lord Regent eagle I see, good on them.

Wasn't Tyvia where Corvo came from? And it was not-Italy? An exploration of the rest of the Empire's lands could be very interesting indeed and I'd like to see what the big threat would be after the curing of the plague and the deposement of Burrows.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Interesting, odd timing considering I'm literally about to start playing the first game today.

Any tips for a first playthrough?

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Dragonlayer said:

Wasn't Tyvia where Corvo came from? And it was not-Italy? An exploration of the rest of the Empire's lands could be very interesting indeed and I'd like to see what the big threat would be after the curing of the plague and the deposement of Burrows.
Corvo was from Serkonis which was not Italy. Sokolov was from Tivia which is not Russia.

A sequel would be awesome to, there is so much lore in the Dishonored world outside of Dunwall.

Plus
The outsider says there are 8 people with his mark so that leaves 6 more potential protaganist/antagonists if you discount Corvo and Daud.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Zipa said:
Dragonlayer said:

Corvo was from Serkonis which was not Italy. Sokolov was from Tivia which is not Russia.

A sequel would be awesome to, there is so much lore in that game. Plus
The outsider says there are 8 people with his mark so that leaves 6 more potential protaganist/antagonists if you discount Corvo and Daud.
Ah right, got them mixed up: either way, I'd definitely like to see the other "foreign" parts of the Empire. One of my favourite things about the game was the aesthetic mix of Half Life 2 and Industrial Revolution England, so it would be awesome to see the art-team's take on Not-Russia. I was also pleasantly surprised that Dunwall was NOT full of grating Cockney accents, something that turned me off Fable 2.

Were the Brigmore witches touched by the Outsider (tee hee!)? If not, there could be potential for more "natural" magical foes.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Dragonlayer said:
Zipa said:
Dragonlayer said:

Ah right, got them mixed up: either way, I'd definitely like to see the other "foreign" parts of the Empire. One of my favourite things about the game was the aesthetic mix of Half Life 2 and Industrial Revolution England, so it would be awesome to see the art-team's take on Not-Russia. I was also pleasantly surprised that Dunwall was NOT full of grating Cockney accents, something that turned me off Fable 2.

Were the Brigmore witches touched by the Outsider (tee hee!)? If not, there could be potential for more "natural" magical foes.
Yes, it was a pleasant surprise for the British accent thing to be not stereotypical for once.

No, the outsider was actively working against them via Daud, likely because they wanted to screw over Emily who it hints is visited by the Outsider in her dreams.

And I am pretty sure the art guy that worked on Dishonored also worked on HL2 which is why they look kind of similar. I imagine that Tivia will be very European inspired with the sprinkling of the Steampunk industrial look that Dunwall had.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Dragonlayer said:
I think their leader was, and she had the same ability that Daud has (Where they can pass their abilities onto loyal followers.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
well it isn't a massive surprise if it does turn out to be true, dishonored was a commercial and critical success which has developed a pretty solid fanbase, all the DLC was well made and added value to the game, and they can't wait too long for fear that the brand name would be forgotten. so yeah, an announcement at some point soon would seem logical to me (although Bethesda may be waiting so they can hype up the evil within a bit more).

still, if this is in any way true... fucking yes!! i loved dishonored, and if arkane put the same into the sequel as they did the original, i doubt i'll be disappointed

James Weaver

Mar 21, 2011
Are we still going to have a piece of wood as the protagonist and will we still get bossed around by idiots without any ability to change what is insanely obviously coming?

edit: Don't get me wrong, I loved the actual gameplay of Dishonored. It was between missions that the game just fell apart. You are a fugitive hunted by the entire Empire! But let's keep going back to the exact same place to meet with the exact same caricatures who obviously aren't actually good people. And then let's ignore every single warning bell imaginable to just blindly keep following their directions. It's just maddening to play a game where, in missions, you choose your approach and make it happen and then have all control yanked from you as soon as the mission ends.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Zipa said:
Dragonlayer said:
Zipa said:
Dragonlayer said:

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise for the British accent thing to be not stereotypical for once.

No, the outsider was actively working against them via Daud, likely because they wanted to screw over Emily who it hints is visited by the Outsider in her dreams.

And I am pretty sure the art guy that worked on Dishonored also worked on HL2 which is why they look kind of similar. I imagine that Tivia will be very European inspired with the sprinkling of the Steampunk industrial look that Dunwall had.
It is not a very pleasant thing to listen to, even when not being forced for comic/"common" effect.

Interesting....I should probably actually play my DLC instead of relying on the internet for answers.

Yeah it was the same dude, I remember reading PC Gamer previews where they discussed how his work on the Adventures of Freeman would influence Dishonored.I'm hoping for a winter wasteland, with tiny islands of industrialized civilization across a vast snowy steppe. But I can't remember if there was any canonical information that says it would be otherwise.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Genocidicles said:
Dragonlayer said:
I think their leader was, and she had the same ability that Daud has (Where they can pass their abilities onto loyal followers.
Yeah, the other poster above has cleared things up for me. But like I said before, it does raise the intriguing possibility of more magic - although hopefully not to the extent it overrides the universe's "whalepunk" technology.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
I think I remember them saying something about them not wantingto make sequel and that dishonored was a standalone product. Well it would be stupid of them not to make a sequel when they have made such an unique and interesting world to explore.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Zipa said:
Don't forget your dear old Granny Rags.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
A nice wallpaper and a large screen you got there. I dont see much else here.

Surely, i would like there to be a second game, but this is hardly anything more than a joke.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Tyvia is the northernmost island in the Empire, and as such is known for its cold atmosphere and "hostile ecosystem."
Is Tyvia also having a referendum to split from the Empire? BGristol will have to just reinvade and conquer I guess!

If this rumour is true, however, then I am proper damn excited now! I am playing my first fully pacifist run at the moment and I haven't had more tense thriller fun in a long time!!