Rumor: Microsoft Doubles XBLA Achievement Totals [UPDATE]

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I've never 100%ed a game! I always try though, but then realise that there are other games that need playing, and I will probably enjoy them more! :/

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
The achievement point raiseing isnt what is important here. It is that they are allowing arcade games to have up to four DLC now. Meaning an arcade game that comes out and turns into a HUGE success that everyone is talking about, can now be enjoyed for longer because they can put out more content! That is celebratory!

As for achievements :p ive got 50k and rising and i dont care about them one bit.

Focus on what's important, game content, not useless numbers.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It sounds great now but once those XBLA games start getting DLC of their own it may discourage people who achieved all 400 points only to find that they no longer have perfect scores on the games they thought they just beat. Some of the achievements are fun to get but most of them are given out for playing the game normally (Achievement Unlocked: beat world 1-1) but achievements have got me to play through games I would have stopped playing after the first beating. It's too bad the points can't do anything other than set your profile up on a big, intangible Hi-Score board.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Yes! wait, no I don't really care that I'll be able to get even more useless achievements. At time of writing my GS is 100,220. Maybe if they actually let us do something with them (Like offering varying discounts to certain GS brackets) then I might care. I do like the bit about DLC though, that's good.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I have 54000 gamerscore! Why would i care if they double what i can get from those cheap, nearly pointless Arcade games? ((Though Baby Maker EXTREME was pretty fun.

Funniest part is, ive never actively hunted for achievements. I didnt even notice i had 48/50 achievements for Skyrim until my friend pointed it out. ((i think the two are "Oblivion Walker" and "Master Criminal".))

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
Gamerscore ? Oh, I think I have one somewhere...
Since scores aren't consistent between games, it just means you have way too much time to waste on games rather then beeing actually skilled.

Haven't heard WhiteRa,Bling or TLO bragging about their gamerscore at any rate...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
they reward you for actually doing something more then beating a level?
Metal Gear Solid HD [http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/achievements/].
nice to see some of those are actually for doing something, unlike the crap i normally end up seeing ....

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Every time I meet someone that cares about their gamer score I feel like punching them repeatedly in the face... I'm not sure why.

I think it's that someone is taking a stance of superiority because of an imaginary and arbitrary number that only reflects their irrational desire to complete every iota of content no mater how interesting, or fun, the games they play may actually be. I'm pretty sure there should be a very long named psychosis for the people who pathologically have to acquire things like gamerpoints, or take the time to max the stats of their Pokemon when they don't battle multiplayer.

I don't need your Skinner Box to play a good game.