Rumor: Modern Warfare 4 Headed for 2013 Release

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Rumor: Modern Warfare 4 Headed for 2013 Release

The Modern Warfare franchise will reportedly stick around for at least one more year.

According to Siliconera's reliable source, voice work is already beginning on a title nicknamed "Call of Duty 2013," which will take place within the Modern Warfare story arc. The game is slated for a 2013 release. We have to assume that this title is indeed Modern Warfare 4, and that it will follow the now established two-year release cycle that the series has held for over half a decade now. File this one under "No... really?!"

Other details about the storyline include that the main character - or one of the main characters - is "a battle hardened veteran in his mid-thirties with a nihilistic point of view." The always loveable John "Soap" MacTavish also allegedly appears in the game, though this is done through a flashback sequence.

When writing about video games - or really, writing news about anything - you come across rumors on a regular basis. It's my journalistic duty to tell you that Activision planning a new Modern Warfare game is indeed a rumor. However, I think we're all on the same page here in that the likelihood of this being true is rather good.

The source behind this news is the same person that outed parts of the True Crime: Hong Kong script before it was handed to Square Enix and renamed Sleeping Dogs. But you probably don't need an inside man to tell you that Activision and Infinity Ward are still companies, and companies need money to operate, so keeping one of their best-selling IPs around is a good idea.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/14/call-of-duty-2013-details-leaked-continues-modern-warfare-arc/]

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
MikeWehner said:
File this one under "No... really?!"
I filed it under a sub-folder called "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYY?!?!"

In all seriousness though, BlOps 2 just came out. Can we stop the hype train from leaving the station just a little bit longer, please?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In other news, sometimes the sky is blue when its not covered by clouds, more after this.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's no surprise that Call of Duty is coming out in 2013 but I find it very surprising that it will be Modern Warfare 4.

I mean...what's left in the game?

Shit, what enemies are still alive? Everyone that was a bad guy has either been captured, shot, or hung at this point...

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
It's no surprise that Call of Duty is coming out in 2013 but I find it very surprising that it will be Modern Warfare 4.

Shit, what enemies are still alive? Everyone that was a bad guy has either been captured, shot, or hung at this point...
I know. I mean who could...

Wait a minute. Of course. We never met...Makarov's brother who is now out for revenge

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow. cant get any more surprised then that.well, im pretty sure fans cant keep them selfs together.

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
Worgen said:
In other news, sometimes the sky is blue when its not covered by clouds, more after this.
We're awaiting confirmation on the defecation habits of bears.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
How I reacted to these news?

No.
NO!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
You bunch of stupid mother fuckers, how fucking hard is to understand that this fucking franchise is getting fucking tired?
Just make a fucking Battlezone3 for fucks sake already. How fucking hard is that, you fucking fucktards?
BZ2 was released more than a fucking decade ago, we need fucking sequel to that fucking game.
What's that? You don't own fucking name anymore? Fine, then make sequel under another fucking name, you stupid fucktard fuckers.
Argjhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
[goes into incoherent rage mode for few minutes]
True story :(

Will they ever stop pumping CoD games and make sequel to Battlezone2?
You know what, fine, I'm ok with Activision milking CoD franchise.
What I'm not ok is with them not making sequel to Battlezone2.
I am kinda interested in CoD:BO2, but because there is no sequel to BZ2 I will boycott these assholes and their games :(

P.S. Am I minority here? Are BZ fans so rare, that nobody cares about that game?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
tippy2k2 said:

Please... Its obvious China is next.

blackrave said:
P.S. Am I minority here? Are BZ fans so rare, that nobody cares about that game?
The fuck is Battlezone?

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
PieBrotherTB said:
Who wants to bet they'll have the balls to do a Modern Warfare reboot?
The captcha says it all: hulk smash

In my opinion they should do a decent realistic shooter in space, with transhuman sci-fi elements, gauss rifles and space stations that go pop if you miss the enemy. Now THAT would be a nice realistic shooter setting.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
But at the end of modern warfare 3......

Why are they making another one? The series is over. Modern Warfare 3 ended the story.

Oh wait money.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
I still don't understand... They said there would be a MW on odd numbered years and a Black Ops on even numbered years. That was a press release. How is it "leaked"?

In other news there has been a leak that Star Wars VII is in the works. Keep it under your hat boys.

You know I wish people's attention sp... SQUIRREL!