Rumor: Morgan Freeman Joining Zac Efron for Akira Adaptation

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Now I can't stop envisioning Zac Efron saying "I'll take a potato chip, and EAT IT!"

Thanks, Escapist.

Thanks alot.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Come on guys and gals it might be good like that Dragon Ball movie.... no wait that movie sucked balls and raped one of the dearest parts of my preteen years, never mind....

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
gphjr14 said:
Come on guys and gals it might be good like that Dragon Ball movie.... no wait that movie sucked balls and raped one of the dearest parts of my preteen years, never mind....
i think rape is underselling it a bit i think i would take a raping over seeing that again

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Meh.
I'm still anguishing over the fact that the Battle Angel Alita movie that James Cameron seems to want to do will be PG-13. I don't see how you could mash Battle Angel Alita into PG-13. I really don't. It'd be like making a PG-13 Gantz.
Also, Morgan Freeman can do anything.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Although Morgan Freeman is my God, he would be not on my list of people to cast as the Colonel. Physically, his features do look somewhat like someone from a non-Japanese background. His complexion and build could be Polynesian or African. If I had to pick a non-Asian actor it would be Ving Rhames.

As for Zac Efron, somebody in Hollywood may come to a wrong end of a derringer, or knowing weeaboos: a Kusarigama. Hell, casting a white person in the lead role of a Japanese story set in a highly nationalistic future Tokyo is already a no-no. But the casting director who thought that neckbeards would warm up to the pretty boy star of High School Musical deserves to be put on trial.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
You know I have to ask has there ever been a truly successful anime/manga that translated well into live-action? for the life of me I cant name one.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
BrunDeign said:
Now I can't stop envisioning Zac Efron saying "I'll take a potato chip, and EAT IT!"

Thanks, Escapist.

Thanks alot.
lol'd. Why does Hollywood have to corrupt everything they touch?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
AvsJoe said:
D0WNT0WN said:
Despite Freemans awesomeness I am really not liking the casting choices, Morgan Freeman as a 'badass soldier who is the head of the secret military project' I just dont see it.
Same. Morgan Freeman is an incredible actor but there are some roles he just cannot play (see: Dreamcatcher, Nurse Betty). This, I figure, would be one of those roles.
You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114069/]
AvsJoe said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Also it must be rated R.
I'm getting a nagging feeling it won't be. And the film will suck because of it.
Yes. This movie must have soldiers get crushed into paste by psychic powers or it will loose something special.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
I still want to see Spirited Away featuring Lady Gaga.
As who, Yubaba?

She does have a big enough nose for it, I guess : >)

Orenji

Jul 6, 2010
I'm not having a problem with the actors so much as who's going to direct it. Efron and Freeman are good actors, but almighty god help us if someone like M Night Shyamalan directs it. Then we're royally fucked.

*crosses fingers and hopes for David Fincher*