Rumor: MTV Planning Dawn of the Dead TV Series

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
Really? Though I loved the movie, it is MTV and how could they continually make a long-running TV series (if it is long-running) based on a movie that has a clear beginning and end in a single setting? Unless it ends up filling in the gaps between the series' events or adding some new plot arcs.

Odds are I'll end up watching it just to see how faithfully it captures the movie and if the concept of creating a TV series of the same movie works. Mixed feelings on this though, but it beats anything recent on MTV just through concept alone.

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
I'm of the belief that if your body is decaying, the joints and muscles probably wouldn't work well enough to run at top speed for too long. For this reason, slow moving zombies are more realistic. Fast moving zombies are more terrifying though, and a mix could work well, just as long as the fast moving zombie isn't used as an end-of-season cliffhanger.
Maybe "Less Dead" are sprinters and "More Dead" are shamblers? ...
That makes your recently dead mom your worst enemy! 0_0

Didn't they try to do a Spiderman thing too?
Stay away from dork stuff MTV, please?

King7s

Dec 13, 2009
i hope it turns out being like the highschool of the dead manga shit is not generic

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:
Wow, MTV jumps on the zombie bandwagon about a year too late. This reminds me of Comedy Central's attempt to cash in on the WoW crowd...
That name is actually extremely hilarious, though the production values look very low-budget.

Personally, I think that the fact this is being suggested as a MTV show isn't a good sign. Oh well, better luck next time.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
We'll all have to wait and see, might actually turn up good if we're lucky. Or just bad.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Aura Guardian said:
CaptainCrunch said:
Wow, MTV jumps on the zombie bandwagon about a year too late. This reminds me of Comedy Central's attempt to cash in on the WoW crowd...
<youtube=OwtHymt5l1Q>
I liked that show
I never said I didn't. (But you're right - I didn't really like it.) I was commenting more about the nature of media companies being behind the internet trends, resulting in unsuccessful programming. Krod Mandoon was a major flop, in terms of business. I thought it would have totally been relevant and funny if it came out at the peak of WoW's media attention.