Rumor: Mysterious PS4 Reveal Video Emerges [UPDATE]

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
I like it, just because it's Tron as fuck, which is awesome. Reminds me of the Tron stuff that Razer released back when Legacy came out.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Kwil said:
JokerboyJordan said:
And yet I don't remember a news report on the Microsoft internal memo that apparently denied it's always-online functionality.

If you're going to report on rumours then at least make it fair.

EDIT: And according to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/that-cool-ps4-teaser-is-a-fake-sony-says-504665453], as of an hour ago this clip has been denied of being affiliated with Sony.
You having a lack of memory [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123561-Rumor-Next-Xbox-Gives-Publishers-Control-Over-Always-Online-Features] is no reason to not bother to check on something before you go making accusations.
You having a lack of understanding [http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/6/4305490/next-xbox-offline-play-blu-ray-leaked-microsoft-memo] of what I'm talking about is no reason to go making accusations.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
rasputin0009 said:
SkarKrow said:
I hope the thing isn't bloody shiny like the PS3 was. Damned fingerprint magnet ¬_¬
But you could write your name on it with skin oils! So cool!
But then your name on it would be ruined by how much the dust on the system would show up!

What I would suggest in place is a matte plastic modelled to imitate brushed aluminium....
That way it looks sleek and metallica without the extra maintenance required from the glossy surface.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Of course this was fake. There's not anywhere near enough dead-eyed baby dolls for this to be a legit Sony ad. ;)

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Cool, some brief glimpses of what the ps4 looks like.
*browses comments

Or not.

SkarKrow said:
I hope the thing isn't bloody shiny like the PS3 was. Damned fingerprint magnet ¬_¬
I agree. Mine's one of the original fat ones. And the finish on mine got fucked when I tried to clean it with Windex. At least its not like I put the thing on a pedestal or something

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Cool, some brief glimpses of what the ps4 looks like.
*browses comments

Or not.

SkarKrow said:
I agree. Mine's one of the original fat ones. And the finish on mine got fucked when I tried to clean it with Windex. At least its not like I put the thing on a pedestal or something
Man mine was spotless for like 3 days and now it's all smudged and hideous, granted it hides under my TV but it's just ugly. The Wii U is a weird not-fingerprinty plastic that isn't as bad thankfully...

BUt really... matte, I need matte devices, I specifically chose my new PC case because it would be sleek and elegant without fringprinty dusty horridness plaguing it!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
JokerboyJordan said:
And yet I don't remember a news report on the Microsoft internal memo that apparently denied it's always-online functionality.

If you're going to report on rumours then at least make it fair.

EDIT: And according to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/that-cool-ps4-teaser-is-a-fake-sony-says-504665453], as of an hour ago this clip has been denied of being affiliated with Sony.
Microsoft policies are to not comment on any product that is not release to the public for information, whether the information is true or not true. Technically speaking the next-generation console does not exist.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Unlikely, probably already disproved, etc.

I honestly don't know how that's supposed to be an issue. The only time I come near the opportunity to make finger prints is when I want to move it.

Or do you fondle your consoles lovingly before you go to bed?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
MorphingDragon said:
SkarKrow said:
Unlikely, probably already disproved, etc.

I honestly don't know how that's supposed to be an issue. The only time I come near the opportunity to make finger prints is when I want to move it.

Or do you fondle your consoles lovingly before you go to bed?
The input panel is also a fingerprint magnet. Holding it in place when I switch it off at the back. Moving it around as you said. Setting it up the first time. That was enough to make it an oily disgusting mess.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So what I'm getting from this add is that the PS4 will try to sythesize with me. Am I interpreting that correct?

But on a serious note why do you crazy people care what the damn thing looks like? I mean how much time do you spend staring at your consoles when you play them? It's not a handheld.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
Chatboy 91 said:
I like it, just because it's Tron as fuck, which is awesome. Reminds me of the Tron stuff that Razer released back when Legacy came out.

THANK YOU. I was wondering why no one was pointing out the Tron as fuck aspect. The look and music both.

The offline capable and used-game friendly sold me. If this clip is real, the look is just icing on the cake.

Assuming rumors of the next Xbox are true, I can't wait to abandon Microsoft next year.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
If that's what the PS4 is going to look like, I'm down with that. I don't think one can reasonably expect actual information in every trailer.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Fake or not, though the update leans towards fake, it doesn't get me excited or interested in the console. So whomever the hype fan that made this is, he should know that it makes me not want to get the new PS4.

But of course, I'm not pulled in by flashy commercials that show me pretty much nothing. Everything goes by so fast(though that's probably because it is fake) that I can't focus on anything, other than the stupid eye gimmick, which in the end makes the video/commercial annoying and makes me turn away.