Rumor: Next Plants vs. Zombies Inspired by Team Fortress 2

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Don't you fucking do this to me PopCap, PvZ is one of the fucking best and most balanced difficulty tower defense games I have ever fucking played.

Do not shit all over what is one of your most fun games ever and turn it into a god damn piece of shit first person shooter.

Oh and if any following poster takes my post as an attack on TF2, maybe learn to get your boner for the game under control and realize that I don't want the game to be an FPS and 'not' that I hate TF2, because I don't hate that game, I have 'no' feelings towards it whatsoever.

I don't care what 'fresh' ideas are involved, I don't give a flying fuck how 'fun' it could be, I don't care if it's a Dungeon Defenders clo- Okay, if it's LIKE that, then I'd be game... MAYBE...

But otherwise, I want this series to stay untouched. They solidified some perfect gameplay mechanics in the first and at this point, all I wanna see them do is expand on the game and maybe improve the multiplayer component they implemented into the Xbox version of the game.

tl;dr I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!! :<

At least not for PvZ.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Allright everyone say it with me.

"GOD DAMMIT EA!"

(This is probably a kneejerk reaction but this has EA written all over it)

The first Plants vs Zombies was a rare jewel that both casual and hardcore loved, a game that myself, sister and even mother enjoyed. I doubt that my mother would buy multiplayer FPS sequel.

Captcha: closed, expensive, POS

TheKaduflyerSystem

Feb 15, 2011
*CAUTION*
Your troll protection service has detected an unknown post that may or may not be a troll, *DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?*

Jmp_man

Apr 24, 2011
Hmmmm... what if Popcap meant that the next PvZ would have a heavier Rock-Paper-Scissors feel to it? Ya know like:

Engie < Spy < Pyro... etc.

Instead of having a TON of plants they would have a smaller "core" set of plants of which some are better in certain situations than others, but the different plants must work cohesively to defeat the zombies.

For instance:
- A plant that can boost the effectiveness of other plants around it... but is in itself defenseless?
- A slow firing plant that does massive damage (such as the Mellonpult) but isn't very effective against crowds of zombies.

Personally I hope that PvZ 2 pulls away slightly from the "row" concept and allows you to plant your plants at angles to maximize their effectiveness. I feel that this might be too much for the more "causal" crowd as there might be too many factors to manage. I have herd PvZ described as "brainless" fun (punny right?), but still having a layer of strategy. Instead of this being a bad thing however this is what makes it the perfect "gateway drug" for casuals... and changing the formula to be more complex would alienate them instead of draw them back in.

...just my thoughts...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I can actually see this kinda working. The art styles are similar over the top cartoonish, both have very silly senses of humor. Done right, I think this could turn into a really fun game.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Matthew94 said:
I can't see this happening but if it's true then they have my attention.

I really liked PvZ.
thats kinda what I thought, "hey, if this it true, it might be really interesting and even innovative!" Then I remembered, they are now owned by EA... They aren't being innovative, they are actually going so far as to turn a great game into a generic multiplayer shooter! :'(