Rumor: PS4 Will Launch on November 21st

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Rumor: PS4 Will Launch on November 21st

The British newspaper The Sun has released an advertisement with a supposed PS4 release date.

The holiday season is going to be a busy time for gamers this year. In addition to a slew of new Wii U titles coming out in time release date.

Appearing in The Sun, a popular newspaper in the UK, an ad for the PS4 has said the console will launch in the region on November 21st. The ad also states that the console will sell <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124812-Update-PlayStation-4s-Appearance-Finally-Unveiled>349 pounds sterling, which matches the price point Sony had previously confirmed for the UK. While an advertisement in a newspaper is in no way an official confirmation, a November release would be an interesting move for Sony which has put considerable effort into countering the Xbox One on nearly every facet, from its price to the console's policy on used games. Releasing the PS4 in the same month could serve to further rob the Xbox One of any advantages it might have had if the PS4 had launched at a later date.

Source: Behind Games

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Appearing in the Sun, a popular paper with exactly zero credibility and accuracy

Although they're a little better at inconsequential things like this, you just don't need to believe the stories about daisies giving people cancer and the bands of roaming immigrants who traverse Britain kidnapping children and the elderly

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
BrotherRool said:
Appearing in the Sun, a popular paper with exactly zero credibility and accuracy

Although they're a little better at inconsequential things like this, you just don't need to believe the stories about daisies giving people cancer and the bands of roaming immigrants who traverse Britain kidnapping children and the elderly
Beat me to the punchline. Pretty sure The Sun is a national ploy by middle class people to catch out thier readers at dinner parties. If they start citing from thier recent articles, they're not invited to the next meal.

I think Sony in general are simply being reactionary. Microsoft panics and makes a move, Sony saunters in, ***** slaps them, and then proceeds to steal the show.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Isn't November just the defacto console release month?
Pretty much, i also refer to it as "COD month" as every COD game also comes out then.

If this is true, MS are going to have a hard time moving the Xbox one...

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
This paper has lied before, £50 its lying again for hype publicity.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
The Sun is trash.

But at E3 quite a few of the multi-platform titles have November release dates, which would seem to indicate they planned it so both consoles will be out when these launch.

You could argue that they are just launching for XBOne and will be insta-released for PS4 later when it comes out, but the way Sony is being heavily competitive right now I don't see them give Microsoft much if any time being the solo console.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 is released on purpose the day before XBOne just to stick it to Microsoft some more.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I wouldn't say that it being November is all that much of a shock.

But then again, this is in The Sun, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was false either.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That's my birthday! If this is true then I know what I'm buying :D

But then again, while November isn't too much of a stretch, I don't know how The Sun of all 'news'[footnote]I struggle to call that horseshit Mr. Murdoch gurgles out news[/footnote] outlets knows about it.

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
So it's (allegedly) releasing the day before Black Friday? God help us all.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
How is it a rumor if its an advert in a newspaper? For those that dont know, the Sun is a daily newspaper in the UK. November sounds like a normal time to release a console. End of November - mid December. Not really a surprise.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
It's weird, yes, also the Sun is pretty much not the best source for news out of the UK, but this isn't the kind of thing I would expect a company to lie about. Like, they're advertising somebody else' product, and they aren't slandering it. What is there to be gained? Its not like anyone is going to rush out to buy a copy of the Sun because they heard an ad was in it.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Me55enger said:
Beat me to the punchline. Pretty sure The Sun is a national ploy by middle class people to catch out thier readers at dinner parties. If they start citing from thier recent articles, they're not invited to the next meal.
I'm guilty of this.

OT. If its an advert then i will undoubtedly believe it, if not color me skeptical though the its probably rough accurate.

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
BrotherRool said:

Yep, this. The paper is so infamous as to be known all over Europe, for all the bad reasons.

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Pickapok said:
So it's (allegedly) releasing the day before Black Friday? God help us all.
Let us have a moment of preemptive silence for those poor souls working retail.

Kiya

Mar 22, 2012
The 'Need Internet: No' followed by 'Can you play PS3 games: Yes PS3 Games Streamed online' might be a little confusing for Sun readers.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I wouldn't listen to the Sun to be honest, its like a printed version of Fox news except with more tits and mindless celebrity dribble.

If it is accurate though...........I think Satan needs a new pair of ice skates.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
When I pre ordered my PS4 from a major UK retailer it'
said that the product was due to ship in November.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
SonOfVoorhees said:
How is it a rumor if its an advert in a newspaper? For those that dont know, the Sun is a daily newspaper in the UK. November sounds like a normal time to release a console. End of November - mid December. Not really a surprise.
It was a comparison article, not an advertisement. Below that picture it also had an identical styled thing for the XBone as well, which just replaced the picture, price and the answers to the questions (plus the background was green instead of blue).

I doubt they are wrong though. To be honest, I thought I'd already seen it confirmed elsewhere for a November release already.