Rumor: Remedy Busy Working on Alan Wake Sequel

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Rumor: Remedy Busy Working on Alan Wake Sequel

An artist's LinkedIn resume may have leaked the exsistence of a second Alan Wake game.

Released to always seemed to think there would be one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7524-Review-Alan-Wake], saying, "There will be more Alan Wake, if we have anything to say about it. It's a bigger story than just one game, and we want to make it very weird and scary and wonderful." Now it seems we might soon be getting word on the status of that sequel.

In a resume on Halon Entertainment [http://www.linkedin.com/in/altheagata] (the people behind the Halo: Reach- Deliver Hope video)last month on the previsualization (basically story-boarding) stage of those cinematics.

The reference to Alan Wake 2 was quickly removed from the resume, but not before speculation about a possible E3 reveal took hold. At this point, everything under the sun is being revealed at E3, or at least is rumored to do so, so it can't hurt to hope for one more.

Source: Scrawl [http://scrawlfx.com/2011/05/alan-wake-2-outed-in-resume]

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I'd care. If I had, or even wanted a 360.

Honestly though, Alan Wake is the only exclusive on the 360 that I quite like the look of.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Thought this game bombed, but apparently not bad enough to prevent a sequel? They should never have cancelled the PC version and snubbed their existing fanbase, but I wish them well even if I'll never play one of their games again as long as they're thralls of Redmond.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Is this is true, I will be very happy. Alan Wake was one of the few games I bought at launch, and I was not disappointed. Let us hope that the sequel fixes the atrocious lip-sinking and plays around with the "light as a weapon" mechanic more.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Remedy, remember that thing called a PC? You know, it only featured Max Payne 1&2. No? Oh well, your loss.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
They said that if the game was successufull then they would make a sequeal so its probably true. (Even if its false and the guy has nothing to do with Alan Wake I still do beleave that the game is in the works)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Oh GOD, I hope so! Alan Wake may be the best gaming experience I've ever had!

I'm actually in the middle of a playthrough just now. Just finished Episode 6. Gonna start on the DLC tonight... after dark, of course :p

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Great holy diving suit i hope this is true.

I really, really want an alan wake 2. Even more than i want barry's headlamp.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Doclector said:
Great holy diving suit i hope this is true.

I really, really want an alan wake 2. Even more than i want barry's headlamp.
I hope the Flaming Eye of Mordor is some sort of special edition bonus XD

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Damn, i really wish Alan Wake would be made for the PC, too.
I've heard many good things of it, and would love to try it out.
But either way, this is good news to the fans of the first game.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
It'd be nice if there was a PC version like they planned for the first game. Cause I played the first one before my 360 broke and I quite liked it.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
I'm not really looking forward to the same 30 seconds of gameplay stretched over a couple more hours of setting changes.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I hope they're making a sequel, and I hope they will make it for PC and 360, possibly PS3 too if that helps the sales. This was one of the games that deserved to be bought, and I would love to have been able to buy it through steam. I must say I loved the story and would like to see it continue.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
Oh I so want this to be true. Now if they can just make sure everyone understands it isn't a horror game this time, maybe it will actually sell.

On a related note, I'm getting sort of sick of reading comments from people getting annoyed at Remedy for cancelling the PC version. Last I heard it was Microsoft who did that, not them.