Rumor: Robert Rodriguez Offered Deadpool Film

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
crazyfoxdemon said:
If this movie is made, I wonder who else from the Deadpool mythos would make an appearance...
Agent X, maybe? Weasel? Bob, Agent of Hydra? Cable is a no-go, obviously, even though he and Deadpool have been pretty much joined at the hip lately. I'd certainly be down for seeing Taskmaster make an appearance, though.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
zombieland writers???...YESSSSSSS..we approve of this...and R. Reynolds is the PERFECT man 4 the role...awesomeness in a can...

Yoshi-Pop

Apr 1, 2009
This is gonna be FUCKING EPIC. Even if Rodriguez passes it up. They've got the guys who wrote Zombieland(one of my all-time favorite movies) doing the script. Barring catastrophe or studio voodoo meddling(like a forcing the movie to be PG-13) this is gonna be a seriously awesome blood soaked romp through fields of awesome.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
"The script is being written by Zombieland scribes Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick"
"The script is being written by Zombieland scribes Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick"

This just.....guys, I think I'm in love

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Wahful said:
Deadpool is awesome, dispite being a rip off.
...What?

Please, please don't say Deadpool is a rip-off of Deathstroke. There's more similarities between Deathstroke and Captain America than Deathstroke and Deadpool.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
GamerMage said:
I say if Rodriguez takes the job and does make this movie, It should be good. I approve. Who do you think would make a good Deadpool? Dane Cook?
I literally laughed out loud.

mindlessvulgarity

Aug 23, 2009
Wahful said:

I think Reynolds did a good job playing the character, its not his fault the script was bad.

I have high hopes for this film.
Deadpool is a parody of deathstroke not a rip off.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it DO IT!

Fox can not wreck Deadpool! You furked up Wolverine and the Dark Phoenix Saga, you can not furk up Deadpool! I'm getting far too hyped about this for you guys to furk it up! Ryan Reynolds, Zombieland, Deadpool, and the guy who did the gore of Predators all in one place should be a great combination, so don't you dare furk it up, Fox!

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
HigherTomorrow said:
Wahful said:
...What?

Please, please don't say Deadpool is a rip-off of Deathstroke. There's more similarities between Deathstroke and Captain America than Deathstroke and Deadpool.
Yeah, Deadpool was a parody of Deathstroke. Marvel was pretty open about that.

Felgy76

Oct 29, 2008
The potential here is astounding, sadly it could go either way. I'm a firm believer in 'Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.'
That said...

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Blueruler182 said:
HigherTomorrow said:
Wahful said:
...What?

Yeah, Deadpool was a parody of Deathstroke. Marvel was pretty open about that.
Parody =/= Ripoff.

Deadpool was created to make fun of the ambiguity of heroes of the 90's. While yes, Deadpool has many attributes that Deathstroke has, Deadpool is more a parody of a generic character cliche than an actual character.