Rumor: Team Bondi Merging With Happy Feet 2 Studio

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
InsomniJack said:
War Penguin said:
Wow, that's a contrast in work projects. The grittiness of LA Noire to the child friendliness of Happy Feet 2.

Poor Team Bondi.
Coming Summer of 2012:

Happy Feet 2: The Black Dahlia Blues

Tell your friends.
That made my morning. Thank you, good sir.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
As long as there's not a sequel to Surf's Up, I'll be fine (I know, different studio, piss off)

Back on the topic of it... I sincerely hope McNamara's not gonna get more work. He's a douchebag and if anybody's in dire need of a karmic ***** slap, it's this guy.

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
Is there going to be a scene where a female penguin gets killed and the cops go to interview the husband, and the detective penguin yells at the husband just because he can't remember what color of shoes she wore ?

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
War Penguin said:
Wow, that's a contrast in work projects. The grittiness of LA Noire to the child friendliness of Happy Feet 2.

Poor Team Bondi.
Precisely.
What's more surprising and sad for Team Bondi about it is that there's going to be a Happy Feet 2, and the first movie was just plain terrible.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
42 said:
Sovvolf said:
42 said:
Team Bondi haven't done anything wrong, and they won't until someone proves it.
Yeah, course... all those lying programmers making things up just for the sake of it... Also, Rockstar also lying... must be a publicity stunt for them or something. Team Bondi are completely innocent I tell you!!.
No, i'm not saying they are lying. I'm saying I'm not buying any of the rumours until someone comes out with proof. thats the problem with anonymous people speaking out against their own company. if they really wanted to make headway and get compensation for it they would've gone public. i'm not saying that i don't believe that it didn't happen, i'm just not taking it at face value.

Plus i don't want to see another dev from Australia go under (pardon the pun)
Going public doesn't really help them, to be honest. We might have (thanks to getting rid of WorkNoChoices) legislation to protect against this kind of contractual abuse, but like everything else in this bloody country the amount of bureaucracy you have to sit through to get any kind of resolution from the dispute is mind-numbing. In the meantime, going public as a whistleblower is the fastest way to ensure that you have difficulty finding work anywhere else, particularly in the games industry with its general 'stiff shit' attitude towards uncompensated crunch time.

The sad reality in all this is that if the employees were to go public, they'd be the ones worse off, and the system ensures that people like McNamara get more work because even if most businesses would never admit it publicly, a manager who can squeeze as much work out of his staff for the minimum cost is considered as valuable as gold.

Chaku01

Aug 8, 2011
Do they even know it took him 7 years to make LA noire? So it should definitely be the most beautifull game around... except no it isn't, and far from it. So it should at least be so big you could spend weeks non stop playing and still only have a 2% completion... except no you don't. Ok ok, so to the VERY LEAST it should be sooo original and different you'd have to be blind not to feel impressed by it... hhhmmm, well there's the whole face capture thingy no??? In the end, 7 years of slavery techniques for this is considered exceptionnal? Some people really don't have a clue... Let them hire him and hope there will never be a happy feet 3.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
step aside Activision and Kotick, for the true Sith will rise...??

lol anyway, let their be dancing penguin in LA Noire 2...should be an interesting crime involved...