Rumor: Titanfall Limited Edition & $399 Disc-Free Xbox Ones Coming Soon

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Yopaz said:
Riff Moonraker said:
I'm certainly not knocking your preferences, or anything. If thats your thing, thats all well and good, but what concerns me is that whats being presented as a "choice" right now, is actually just a step in the way of getting rid of the physical copy altogether. THAT, I have a problem with. My connection is fine, and my space is limited as well, but I still want to have that physical copy in my hand. Now, if they were only trying to give us a world where both your preferences and mine can both exist, sure, I have no problem with that at all. I just think that it would be the start of slowly weeding out physical copies until they simply cease to be, which obviously I have a serious problem with that option.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. Removing physical completely would be a great fuck you to consumer rights and I am against it. As much as I like digital it can only exist if there's competition and that is something we don't have on consoles. If they truly release a console without a disc tray as an option to one that got one then I am all for it. I am in complete agreement that removing it from their range of products completely would be unforgivable.

Also I guess I can relate to your feeling at least to some degree when it comes to physical titles. There are some games where I want the collector's edition despite not having enough space to store it and that would disappear with the death of physical.

So please, if you thought I was disagreeing that's my bad. I was simply offering a different viewpoint on taste, but I agree with all your core arguments completely.
So, its the "both" option, eh? I'm good with that. :)

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Just $100 less for it to be download-only? That's not enough.

Then again, I would buy an XbOne with no Kinect, no discs (I've had 2 devastatingly scratched 360 discs and don't like switching them out much), Games for Gold, and more exclusives (or Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive turning out really good) for about $300. I'd buy at $400 if they upgrade the specs on it for the 1080p 60fps threshold. And the Titanfall design looks good with that marble side with a metal thing on it.

Funyahns

Sep 2, 2012
If they were planning this they do it without the Kinect and without the disc drive and actually get under the PS4 price. Of course it is a bit late in the game for that play now.