Rumor: Wesley Snipes to Return as Blade?

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Zontar said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
If Marvel could get the rights to Ghost Rider back as well
They did. The only characters they don't own the rights to are x-men, mutants in general, Fantastic 4, Spider man and Namor. There are a few where the lawyers would be needed to determine whose they are (such as Alpha Flight) but Ghost Rider's rights fell back to Marvel some time ago.
Marvel have Namor's rights they got them back earlier this year.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
youji itami said:
Zontar said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
They did. The only characters they don't own the rights to are x-men, mutants in general, Fantastic 4, Spider man and Namor. There are a few where the lawyers would be needed to determine whose they are (such as Alpha Flight) but Ghost Rider's rights fell back to Marvel some time ago.
Odd, I tend to follow these things more closely then someone who isn't paid for it should, and I herd nothing about Universal losing the rights to him.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
The original hasn't aged well. Give him caemos or something in another franchise.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Zontar said:
youji itami said:
Zontar said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Odd, I tend to follow these things more closely then someone who isn't paid for it should, and I herd nothing about Universal losing the rights to him.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/18/kevin-feige-talks-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-avengers-the-sub-mariner

IGN: Finally, there were rumours circulating awhile back that Universal and Legendary Pictures were developing a Sub-Mariner movie, but there was also some confusion about who holds the rights to the character. So could Legendary make that movie at this point?

Feige: No.

IGN: So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?

Feige: Yes, but it?s slightly more complicated than that. Let?s put it this way ? there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
For the love of god, yes.

I loved the first and second movies. (Third one, not so much.) I'm not exactly getting my hopes up, but I've always thought that Snipes fit the role excellently.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
only if they keep it R-rated, otherwise no dice. The problem with Marvel Studios is that they would possibly neuter it just to make it easier to put it into the MCU.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Spot1990 said:
008Zulu said:
Is he too old for the part maybe? I liked the first movie, second was... horrible (the cg fight scene in front of the lights, ugh), didn't bother with the third, mostly because of Ryan Reynolds.

I doubt he will be included as part of the MCU, he had nothing to do with the Avengers, apart from his peripheral involvement in Civil War.
Ryan Reynolds is actually the only thing that makes that movie worth watching. He seemed to be the only one in the cast who wanted to make a good movie. Even Patton Oswalt (also in the movie) said Reynolds was the only good thing about working on that.
Not surprising when he and the rest of the cast were basically tasked with carrying a lot of scenes that Wesley Snipes couldn't even be bothered showing up to film.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Ryan Reynolds is actually the only thing that makes that movie worth watching. He seemed to be the only one in the cast who wanted to make a good movie. Even Patton Oswalt (also in the movie) said Reynolds was the only good thing about working on that.
I recall stories of how Snipes hated the Director and only showed up when it was absolutely necessary. I wonder what it was about the movie that almost everyone working on it, didn't want to be there.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Aiddon said:
only if they keep it R-rated, otherwise no dice. The problem with Marvel Studios is that they would possibly neuter it just to make it easier to put it into the MCU.
To be fair, Punisher: Warzone was a Marvel associated production. They put it under Marvel Knights which is their kinda adult but not 18's rated comic line.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I've enjoyed all the Blade movies. Even the third movie was watchable. Dominic Purcell was great, working well with what he was given. Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel were also great every time they were on screen. Though to be honest while Snipes wasn't bad, they could have made the movie without him and I don't think I would have noticed.

The second movie is definitely the one which has aged the best though.

Edguy

Jan 31, 2011
How ironic that Blade is a white guy in the Animated series..

Also, please don't make unnecessary connections to old movies. Snipes is also well past 50, bring in some fresh talent!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Redryhno said:
Jandau said:
I hope the years haven't dulled his edge. I really enjoyed his sharp performance in the previous films.
He's done around a dozen or so low...budget?talent? action movies, that's about it. And according to Doug Walker, there's only been like three that have been absolutely bad because of his performance. He's kept himself in really good shape too considering how long he's been working.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to him returning, I'm not sure there's another actor that can be Blade as well as he did it. Now we just gotta get Kristofferson back too...

ZeroAxis said:
Let's get him warmed up with a cameo on "Agents of Shield" :p
Oh dear...just imagine it...Colson/May and Blade...
Oh yes. Yes. So much yes.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
How bout no.

Maybe Im just going by Mathew Buck's [Film Brain] review of Blade Trinity but he mentions how Snipes was just a complete tossbag to the other actors. Now Im no fan of Reynolds... and maybe ive stared at Jessica Biel's pictures longer than I need to, but that whole unprofessional and racism [allegedly from Snipes himself] leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Tumedus

Jul 13, 2010
Snipes wanting to do another Blade and Marvel Studios wanting him to do it are vastly different things. Marvel doesn't need him and, considering his widely publicized "behavior" on the third, they probably don't want him either.

Marvel is practically printing money right now, and if they relaunch this, they are going to want someone who is reliable over the course of a 4-6 film contract. Why deal with Snipes when there are so many talented younger actors who could do the role just fine?

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Tumedus said:
Why deal with Snipes when there are so many talented younger actors who could do the role just fine?
But who? My first pick was Idris Elba, but he's already slated as Heimdall in Thor.

You know what? Fuck it. Go with Idris Elba. DO IT!

jnericsonx

Jan 11, 2011
I just read some of the Thunderbolts comic. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Venom, Elektra, Red Leader, FRIGGING DEADPOOL, all lead by a red Hulk. Toss Blade onto that team, and lets make a epic R-rated comic movie masterpiece!