Rumor: Whedon Sics Mad Titan on The Avengers

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
meh, still skeptical. The Avengers is one film that must prove itself to me before I start getting excited. There is SO much that could go wrong with this movie.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Nope, cube first. If this is true, it won't be the Gauntlet, it will be the Cube. It was his first attempt at omnipotence, and he failed. It was a small but vital part of the Infinity Gauntlet and how that whole story ended. Mark my words, Cube first, then Gauntlet.

Didn't they also confirm that the Gauntlet was there for later anyways, and wasn't coming up anytime soon? This was back when it was first shown.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
This will probably be like Galactus in the fantastic four - hinted at but not a major on screen presence - more like a cameo of the Gauntlet.

WolfThomas said:
There seems to be a lot of rumours and confusion about what's actually happening in the Avengers. Loki? Skrulls? Thanos?

I could see Thanos working as an after the credits thing.
Pretty much this.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
A cosmic entity that wants to commit galactic genocide so he can ask out Death? I've heard sillier (and plain stupider) villain motivations.

Acting like a FOOL

Jun 7, 2010
The Great JT said:
A cosmic entity that wants to commit galactic genocide so he can ask out Death? I've heard sillier (and plain stupider) villain motivations.
it's stupid in plain,but when you dress up the scenario with the pomp and circumstance of an eternal epic it takes on a poetic light. thanos isn't some anti-social goth cutter, he's an immortal warmonger that is also a hyper-genius. he slays the embodiments of all the laws of the universe to quell his love of death that is embodied as a silent pale woman that goads him with her gaze...now do you see what I'm getting at?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Acting like a FOOL said:
The Great JT said:
it's stupid in plain,but when you dress up the scenario with the pomp and circumstance of an eternal epic it takes on a poetic light. thanos isn't some anti-social goth cutter, he's an immortal warmonger that is also a hyper-genius. he slays the embodiments of all the laws of the universe to quell his love of death that is embodied as a silent pale woman that goads him with her gaze...now do you see what I'm getting at?
Too bad for him Death likes Deadpool better.

Feb 13, 2008
I've a problem on this. Or rather I believe the test audiences do.

From what I understand (from the filming of Dungeons and Dragons), American test audiences react very badly to Necromancy (as in it's an automatic 15 raing))

Thanos actually flirts with the literal Death.

Avengers is gonna need a 12 rating if it's going to do well at the box office.