Rumour! Disney in talks to purchase Hasbro, along with Transformers and Ponies...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/rumor-disney-in-talks-to-purchase-hasbro-inc-and-transformers-176258/

So urmmm, you all know that Disney purchased everything Lucas? Well if this rumour is true, Optimus Prime and Rainbow Dash could also be owned by Disney...MLP rides in Magic Kingdom? Megatron Rollercoaster in Hollywood Studio's? Princess Celestia being a Disney Princess? I don't know whether to be happy or terrified...

Your thoughts guys?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
MLP:FiM and Star Wars cross-over? Heck, stranger things have happened *cough* Angry Birds Star Wars *cough* In-fact, if this did go ahead there could be a massive cross-over game consisting of all the Disney properties, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Transformers, MLP... fuck that would awesome.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
That would be... Interesting, to say the least. Pretty sure they'd mold MLP into something very different.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Hasbro would never go for it. These properties are still ongoing and are making them a fuck ton of cash. What Lucas did made sense because Star Wars hit it's peak years ago and they were just ringing money out of it by that point.

Transformers still have their respective shows going for however many more seasons, the vidoe games, whatever other promotional shit.

Plus, I'm not sure how Disney handles their relationship with creators. Hasbro let the FiM team get away with a lot, and I dont know if Disney would restrict them more or less.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Shadowstar38 said:
Hasbro would never go for it. These properties are still ongoing and are making them a fuck ton of cash. What Lucas did made sense because Star Wars hit it's peak years ago and they were just ringing money out of it by that point.

Transformers still have their respective shows going for however many more seasons, the vidoe games, whatever other promotional shit.

Plus, I'm not sure how Disney handles their relationship with creators. Hasbro let the FiM team get away with a lot, and I dont know if Disney would restrict them more or less.
Apparently, Hasbro aren't doing well, not as well as most people think anyway, there are a few comments on my link saying Hasbro are in a bit of a rut atm.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Pinkamena said:
That would be... Interesting, to say the least. Pretty sure they'd mold MLP into something very different.
I don't know, The company's they have bought over the years they have let them do pretty much what they want, it could be the same thing here if it happens, however i hate to think of the 3rd party development for Transformers if this is true...Hasbro let the fans make nearly identical copy's of TF's from the shows (Fansproject being one of the best TF 3rd party developers), Disney on the other hand probably wouldn't...

It's hit and miss really, if they do buy hasbro i would hope to god they leave them alone and let them get on with it, along with the 3rd party support TF's get.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
Why do I get the feeling we won't be able to describe anything that gets released two years or more from now as "good?"

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Shadowstar38 said:

Well they bought Marvel and I don't see Disney restricting them. Also, any bets on what Disney buys next?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
If Disney had Transformers: Please reboot and redeem the franchise! I want a funny, cool Transformers movie... :O

If Disney had MLP: *shrug*

Still, unless there's more than just rumors about it posted I'm pegging this as a rumor spawned from the internet tidal wave that was/is the Disney/Lucasfilm merge.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Disney, do you really need Ponies and Transformers? I think You've got enough... I think if you eat the Ponies and Transformers, your gonna start feeling the wrath of Federal Law...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Redlin5 said:
If Disney had Transformers: Please reboot and redeem the franchise! I want a funny, cool Transformers movie... :O
Transformers Prime is all of that without the Movie part, seriously that series is better than G1 in pretty much every way, Character development, Story, Jokes and References to other TF shows, and the animation is awesome, a really good series for the people who know of it.

Season 2 has just ended, and by god was it an awesome finale! Bring on season 3! xD

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
NO Just, NO.
I've seen how protective Disney has been with their properties. Compared with Hasbro's task force of lawyers, Disney has a legal team consisting of fifteen battalions. If Disney ever gets the hand of Hasbro and MLP, it won't go well for bronies and fan-created content.
Besides, Disney, you already bought Lucasfilm and Star Wars. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
Shadowstar38 said:

Well they bought Marvel and I don't see Disney restricting them. Also, any bets on what Disney buys next?
The world!

Neh i kid, i don't know tbh, but it seems whatever Disney buy's is surprisingly good, when they bought Marvel everyone was all "SHIT NO, THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME ARGH!"...And then Avengers happened...

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Couldn't care less about ponies, but maybe this'd result in some decent Transformers films.

Certainly couldn't do worse than Michael Bay.

EDIT:

And I don't give two shits about fan fiction. It's either a waste of my time or a waste of the writer's talent that could've been better spent on something original.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ldude893 said:
NO Just, NO.
I've seen how protective Disney has been with their properties. Compared with Hasbro's task force of lawyers, Disney has a legal team consisting of fifteen battalions. If Disney ever gets the hand of Hasbro and MLP, it won't go well for bronies and fan-created content.
Besides, Disney, you already bought Lucasfilm and Star Wars. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?
That is the only problem i see with Disney doing this (if it's true) and by god it won't be pretty...comapny's like Tfsource and Takara Tomy will never be the same...

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Ponies and Transformers in Kingdom Hearts... I can see it now...

Anyway

Ldude893 said:
NO Just, NO.
This right here is the big thing I'm worried about. Hasbro has been really cool with the fanbase as far as fan produced content goes. I'm sure Disney is far more lawsuit happy than Hasbro. If this happens, it could be a nasty blow to the bronies.

Also, relevant:

Accel

Aug 18, 2012
arc1991 said:
Redlin5 said:
Transformers Prime is all of that without the Movie part, seriously that series is better than G1 in pretty much every way, Character development, Story, Jokes and References to other TF shows, and the animation is awesome, a really good series for the people who know of it.

Season 2 has just ended, and by god was it an awesome finale! Bring on season 3! xD
It was indeed awesome, but to be fair, every Transformers series after G1 is better than G1.