Rumour: Left 4 Dead 2 at E3?

Yooz

Mar 12, 2009
Just a rumour, but it may happen:

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215943

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-valve-ea-to-reveal-left-4-dead-2-at-e3-next-week-133720.phtml

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
No it will not happen.

I bet its just a DLC that its getting announced.

Edit: Also who the hell actually believes that Valve is going to announce a sequel to a game that they released las november?

They still haven't even put out Screenshots for HL2:Ep3 and we waiting for that for 2 years...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Left 4 Dead isn't even a year old yet...

I'd prefer some DLC really.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Could be intresting but I rather see a expansion with new survivors and locations, rather a whole new game.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Left 4 Dead sucks, pay fifty dollars for a DLC worth of content? No thanks.

Why do you want a sequel?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Khazoth said:

This, I will call you out for. You get as much out of L4D as you're willing to put into it. Sure, there are only four acts, but they never play the same way, so it feels unique every time.

Considering this will likely be the announcement of even MORE levels, I'm happy. This game will likely get the TF2 treatment: extra content added over time. Survival Mode is a example of this.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

This, I will call you out for. You get as much out of L4D as you're willing to put into it. Sure, there are only four acts, but they never play the same way, so it feels unique every time.

Considering this will likely be the announcement of even MORE levels, I'm happy. This game will likely get the TF2 treatment: extra content added over time. Survival Mode is a example of this.
Survival Mode in any game is boring. You sit in one location and fight the same enemies over and over until you die. In Left 4 Dead you play the same four campaigns over and over and the kicker is sometimes the enemies spawn in different places. Ooooh, thats TOTALLY worth fifty dollars.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
I hope not, I only just bought the first one.
Same.

Khazoth said:
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

Survival Mode in any game is boring. You sit in one location and fight the same enemies over and over until you die. In Left 4 Dead you play the same four campaigns over and over and the kicker is sometimes the enemies spawn in different places. Ooooh, thats TOTALLY worth fifty dollars.
$35. And Survival is only one mode. Try playing Versus, against living people...

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Khazoth said:
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

If you don't like it don't bother posting.

Also it has 4 modes.

Co-Op
Versus
Survival Mode
Single-Player

And the prospect of more new stuff.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Khazoth said:
The bolded part is a opinion. Others feel differently. I for one feel like a modern-day Spartan, holding off the Persian army with all my strength.

As pointed out above, the game is no longer full price. And I would daresay that it WAS worth $50 when it was released. I think that L4D will be continually expanded anyway: more maps, levels and such will be added over time. Valve has shown this to be their modern-day practice with the remarkable changes and map additions they have made over time with TF2. Also, there will be a level editor for the thing released at some point, which means (duh duh dunh!) User Generated Content.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I really hope this will be some new content, and not a sequel to the game. It seriously needs more content, before my attention starts to waver (which is far from it at the moment).

Versus is awesome I think. I love the gameplay of the infected, especially the hunter which requires quite some skill actually. The campaigns itself have grown a bit stale now, but in versus they are still interesting.

Survival mode is just a nice bonus I guess. Mostly interesting for achievement hunters, it requires skilled players and very good co-ordination. I find it extremely hard to get even a silver medal, even though I only played it with strangers thus far.

Also, I suppose it is a matter of time before some nice user made maps start to pop out. The tool Valve released, along with a really helpful tutorial was a good move, and I hope modders will use it to its limit. I already played some custom hunter training maps, which were actually quite well made!

Edit:
scotth266 said:
Also, there will be a level editor for the thing released at some point, which means (duh duh dunh!) User Generated Content.
There is already one mate. I tried it out for a second, and it works pretty well. A shame I don't have the time at the moment, but already user made maps are coming out. For example, google for hunter training maps as I mentioned above, some are really well made and, and show some interesting gameplay which I didn't think possible before. You can download the level editor (think it was only about 50 megs) through Steam under the Tools tab.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:
The bolded part is a opinion. Others feel differently. I for one feel like a modern-day Spartan, holding off the Persian army with all my strength.

As pointed out above, the game is no longer full price. And I would daresay that it WAS worth $50 when it was released. I think that L4D will be continually expanded anyway: more maps, levels and such will be added over time. Valve has shown this to be their modern-day practice with the remarkable changes and map additions they have made over time with TF2. Also, there will be a level editor for the thing released at some point, which means (duh duh dunh!) User Generated Content.
The beta tools are already avaible to download. :p

Theres only missing the new matchmaking service for L4D and then whoooo The Winchester survival map!!

(Thats Shaun of the Dead for those that don't get...)

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
I feel tickled whenever someone pushes that "Its your opinion" thing. No one ever says something like that when they agree with whats being said. Its always an arguement used when there is nothing valid to be said.

In the end, Left 4 Dead feels like the multiplayer aspect of a larger game. Its like dissecting another game, taking out the Multiplayer, and shipping it.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
It's a Valve game, it won't have a second title until there's a new engine, which means we're more likely to get a Half-Life 3 and a new Counterstrike first.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
You're a smart cookie, I don't own it. I returned it to buy Saints Row 2, a much better game.

I did play it, however. I was stupid enough to pay 50 dollars for it.

I even downloaded the survival mode.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

That and it's probably the most co-op centric game ever created? The boss infected assure that things are never as simple as moving down mowing down zombies, and the game would be near impossible without more than one person. This is most evident in Expert mode, requiring a godlike amount of co-ordination.