Run All Night - Keep Running, Neeson

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Only took you a couple of years to pick him up, 'Pist.
Bit slow on that front. :p

But good review as per norm, Matt. Keep on feeding me yummy movie review goodness that takes 3 minutes of my day to read.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
This is everything I had hoped for. One of my best and oldest online friends getting paid for his work and a happy-go-lucky forum thread reacting to it! :D

Also yeah, based on trailers I actually thought it was somehow connected to the Taken franchise.

It's a safe bet that this one is totally skippable.

[sup]I told you man, your persistence would pay dividends!![/sup]

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Tono Makt said:
This is a good review, and I'm glad that the Escapist is still going to do movie reviews. My only concern is that a written article is... somewhat of a step back. With the rise of the video review (particularly Youtubers) I wonder if there is enough of an audience among the Escapist to support written reviews like this, regardless of the quality of the review. We've been pretty spoiled by MovieBob in that regard.
I totally concur. We need to see Marter doing videos in his trademarked skirts, rum filled coconut-goblet...and fez.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Good review, well done on getting the gig! Hope you stay on if this is the quality to be expected, I'm quite happy to see it :D

Eclipse Dragon said:
jimrichardsbh said:
so this is the guy they replaced moviebob with? I'm sure he's great but the escapist is really headed in a bad direction..
Marter is one of our own, you can't go in a better direction than that.
Agreed, I see this as a plus.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Boooooooo! Get off the staaaaage!

Go back to User Reviews you hack! Back I say, back to the barren wasteland that spawned you!

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Seriously though, congrats. Or as my people say, "Onyaah maaayte!"[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

CryoSynth

Jun 2, 2011
Tono Makt said:
This is a good review, and I'm glad that the Escapist is still going to do movie reviews. My only concern is that a written article is... somewhat of a step back. With the rise of the video review (particularly Youtubers) I wonder if there is enough of an audience among the Escapist to support written reviews like this, regardless of the quality of the review. We've been pretty spoiled by MovieBob in that regard.

captcha seems to be against me on this: "since when" . Perhaps I should defer to the captcha...

Well count me as one who prefers the written review. I don't like the video trend though in general. I'd rather quickly read through freely than sit through a video with a fixed pace. I find it only worth watching in video if there's an entertainment aspect to the video - rather than just a narration of the written review - and most don't do so.

Anyway this seemed well-written and I loved the term "Action Neeson", quite suitable. Optimistic about these reviews.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Houseman said:
Are these fake bans? Because I can look at their profile and see that they aren't banned site-wide.
How can you tell? They don't have ban meters on their profiles.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
This thread...I can't even. I really can't even. The following is an abstraction of my mindscape right now.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Houseman said:
Are these fake bans? Because I can look at their profile and see that they aren't banned site-wide.

If they are fake, why do certain users get special rule-breaking privileges?

Edit: yes they're fake bans. The Techies like to have fun sometimes.

PhantomEcho

Nov 25, 2011
It's like watching Oprah in here.

You get a ban, and you get a ban, and YOU get a ban! Bans for everybody! So generous!

Anyway, as far as reviews go... this definitely was one of those. I firmly believe the author did indeed watch the movie, and that his opinions are factually his own. The words seem to be unique, the spelling and grammar were adequate, and no deeply-rooted hatred for the audience seemed to permeate up through the bowels of the reviewer in order to escape through his fingers.

All-in-all, I give it a solid Beige/Beige.

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
Action Neeson is what I'm in for. Let me shelf out some money Liam, you deserve it.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Marter said:
Run All Night - Keep Running, Neeson

Another generic Liam Neeson action-thriller. How can one not be taken for a walk among the tombstones by the non-stop onslaught of them?

Read Full Article
as the OG Martyr here, i can say beyond a doubt that you've spelled martyr wrong. cinemartyr doesn't look as marketable though.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Seems like a generic action movie.
But while Taken has worn out I think the Action Neeson kind of works if you don't expect a Nolan sort of movie.
If it comes to Amazon Prime I will give it a go.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not too bad a first outing, though these days a Liam Neeson movie is practically "fish in a barrel" level of difficulty when it comes to reviewing. Here's to hoping that we see lots more.

Also, this comment thread... oh good Lord, I've hurt myself laughing. Help me.

MarsAtlas said:
Who the hell is Marter?
This [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.871336-2-50-Reviews-Tremors-1990] the hell is Marter. He's been doing reviews in the User Reviews section for a while, and has now ascended to godhood paid content contribution.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Ahaha.

Oh, I wish I had checked this thread earlier... Banning half of the site's staff. At least we still have some people with a sense of humour.

Anyway, the review...

Was... A review. XD

I can't say much. I'm out of practice with written film reviews. I guess the film wasn't so great...

The review itself was good. (probably). XD

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
We needed this thread to remedy the generic premise of this film, and we must thank our new ruler Marter for it.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
vitamint said:
Oh my god, they got Archon. The conspiracy is real!

User was banned and liquidated for this post. (Permanent)
I'm waiting on the "User was hit in the face with a firetruck" ban, myself.

OT: Grats Marter! And nice review by the way. Seems Liam can really make almost anything good.