RWBY: Welcome to Lodestar (A Fate Core System RP) - Game Thread

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"Jet Tylluan. Congratulations."

Ah, hey, it was the third member of the new team! And with him came Elva, worrying over Matt, naturally. Claire gave both of them a half-wave in greeting.

There were a whole lot of new faces here, the young woman reflected, glancing around the tight little cluster of new students. ...I'm going to have to remember their names, aren't I? she sighed mentally.

Well, shed'd been assigned to a team, had some food, and made some small talk. Now the girl was rapidly losing interest in the situation. Puttering around a giant hall packed with other students wasn't exactly Claire's idea of a great of time; she might as well get some more important stuff done.

Hopping up and down to get a better look above the crowd, the Faunus spotted an older man, clearly a teacher or some other faculty member. Making her way over to him, Claire tried to grab his attention with a wave and half-shout. "Uh, excuse me? Professor, uh... Professor?"

Coming to a halt in front of the bushy-haired man, she continued. "Right, so, now that I know my team, I was wondering what happens next. Do we get our rooms assigned, or do we just pick one? Oh, and how do we get our luggage off the airship? My trunk had some fragile models, and I don't really want anyone else messing with them. Can we take a tour of campus at some point? Or is there a map or something; I just wanna know where the important buildings are. What time's dinner?"

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
As Claire gets the Professor's attention, one of the first things she notices is the look in his eyes - simultaneously distant, yet focused on her, as though he were thinking about two entirely different things at once. As she rambles on, his face breaks into an absent-minded grin. "Oh, so many questions! You'll make an excellent student, I can tell!" He starts rooting through his pockets, grumbling incoherently about 'those darn schedules' and 'why is memory the first thing to go, I swear' or something to that effect, before producing a slightly crumpled piece of paper. Unfurling it and bringing it close enough to his face to brush against his nose, he squints, concentrating hard on its contents. The back of the paper, Claire can see, is clearly labelled 'Prof. Wink's Daily Reminders' in bold black letters.

"Hm... teams are assigned rooms based on a lottery... bags unloaded automatically..." He murmurs to himself, his eyes scanning the paper with focused intensity, appearing to be looking for something in particular. "AH-HA!" He suddenly exclaims, triumphantly stowing the paper back in his pocket. "Dinner is at seven - the real important question."

Then, taking another look at Claire, a look of realization passes over his face, before being replaced by mild excitement. "Oh, you're one of the ones that took down that mangy fleabag! Excellent work, yes." He leans in, his expression suddenly serious. "Tell me... wolf, snake, or beef?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Jade and Amber

"Nuffin'. Jus' tha' fere leedah erf ah jagoff." Amber said, drawing a more confused look from Jade. A moment later Amber elaborated. "The guy is a racist prick who tried to start crap on the airship here, in the cafeteria. I know his type, all high-and-mighty because he thinks that Faunus are inferior, and he can lord over them because he's human and untouchable. So I headbutted his ass. Only pissed him off. But I don't let that sort of thing slide easy." she said with a small smile.

At that, Jade nodded in comprehension. "Ah... well now I wanna headbutt him too." Jade said with a smirk. She knew the team had just formed, but Jade was quick to fall into the "spirit" of the team. She was the leader after all. More than that however, the four of them had survived Hordes, Bloodmanes, and an encounter with a Tatarus; they were sisters-in-arms now so of course she was gonna support them! Also, it didn't hurt that she hated those smug nobles... well, the ones who hadn't EARNED the right to be smug anyway.

Speaking of, now that the Professors had wandered off to more important matters, Rufus no longer had any reason to play nice. Walking over, Rufus made no attempt at being subtle. "Why am I not surprised; another faunus who can't keep their temper." he said, his tone demeaning and superior.

Food Table

As Elva approached the tables of food, she couldn't help but notice there was a woman staring at her from behind a pair of glasses. Aside from the glasses, she wore a green jacket and a long skirt. Elva recognized her as a member of Team RFUS, though the name escaped her. The woman seemed to be thinking deeply when their eyes met, but quickly the other woman smiled and waved at her.

Zaan

Zaan was draw from his thoughts when a hand pressed on his shoulder. Turning, he could see the other male from Team RFUS besides Rufus. The man was bald and he wore long black and red robes over simple armor with the symbol of a flame plastered upon them. However, the most obvious feature he had were his eyes which were locked in a permanent thousand yard stare. He spoke in a thick accent from some part of the southern kingdoms. "I saw your fight Schwarz Zaan; the flames of war tell me you are strong."

Matt

As Elva left, Matt heard a voice. "So... like, how did someone like you get to be a leader? Was the rest of the Team just weak or were they throwing you a bone or something?" Turning, he saw one of the women from Team RFUS. She was dressed in a shifting dress of black with a belt of weapons at her waist and a small bag in her hands. The look on her face was somewhere between incredible intelligence and supreme stupidity, though where on the spectrum she actual was was beyond understanding.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
"Why am I not surprised; another faunus who can't keep their temper."

"Oh look,"Di replied instantly after recognizing him and letting go of Amber's hand,"It's whoever you are, looks like it's time for me to go find someplace less...,"She pursed her lips a moment, a look of concentration on her face as she looked at him,"Damaging to my eyes."

Standing up from the table, she walked through the crowd of her fellow incoming Lodestar students to the board that had team room assignments to them. Seeing where Team JADE was housed, she left the welcoming party, making sure to tuck a handful of treats into her bag as she passed the tables on the way out.

Entering the quieter part of Lodestar, the dorms, she saw a handful of other people with the same idea she had apparently, not recognizing any of them though. Finding JADE's room, she tested the handle and opened the door. Inside she was greeted by a sight she certainly didn't expect to see. Four individual beds, that was a luxury only a handful of people at the Enclave had the privilege of, and really not something she'd expected from Lodestar, especially since there was such a demand for space on the trip over.

Going to the bed closest to the door, she opened up her bag and pulled out her pillow, a small, and obviously stained, thing, but she'd made it - with help - by herself, and substituted the pillow already on the bed with it, after making sure no crumbs were on it from her bag of course.

Finishing with that, she fished out her only other set of clothing,the Lodestar uniform, putting it in the lowest drawer of the nightstand, again wiping the crumbs from it, storing it away for tomorrow's education.

Finally done with settling in, she collapsed on her claimed bed, fishing out a morsel and nibbling at it. Even though it was the middle of the day and the sunlight still streamed through their room's window, she still finally felt the day's events weigh in on her. In response, she threw off her shoes, zipped her bag up and curled up around her pillow, Icarians still strapped to her arms, and drifted off into her first real nap in a long time free of worries.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
(( Amber ))

When Amber explained why she had the beginnings of a grudge with the presumed leader of Team RFUS, Jade gave her a small smile and nodded.

"Ah... well now I wanna headbutt him too."

She was about to laugh and tell her to get in line when the boy himself walked right up with a swagger. It was clear that he was looking for trouble too, with the look on his face and the tone in his voice.

"Why am I not surprised; another faunus who can't keep their temper."

Amber prickled at his tone, but the fact that he didn't seem to recognize her made her expression shift to one of disgusted confusion before it hit her. That's when she casually looked over at Jade and motioned to the boy.

"You see? I'm betting he doesn't even recognize me because 'All us Faunus look the same to him'." she said derisively before turning back to him with a sneer, "Or that headbutt gave you more than just a headache, but a little brain damage. Or are you just blind, crap-for-brains?"

Before he could reply however, another member of his team, one of the girls, decided to stride up to Matt.

"So... like, how did someone like you get to be a leader? Was the rest of the Team just weak or were they throwing you a bone or something?"

Carelessly tipping back her chair to look at her, she pointed a finger in her direction.

"Hey, I didn't see you stop a Tartarus with your bare hands, or punt one into a gorge. In fact, from the clips I saw, your leader is nothing more than a worthless cheerleader." Amber said with a chuckle as she jabbed a thumb back at the boy, "Maybe you should get him some pom-poms and a miniskirt, they oughta fit him real good."

Her smirk only widened as she put an arm around Matt's shoulders.

"Matt here? He was leading by example." she told them.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
A girl caught Elva's attention as she approached the food table, she appeared to be watching her. She seemed friendly enough however, smiling and waving at Elva when their eyes met. Grabbing a couple of hotdogs from the table, she wandered over to the stranger.

"How about this spread hey? They never fed us this well back at Sanctuary." Elva said, attempting to make small-talk. Shoving one of the hotdogs in her mouth she hastily chewed and swallowed before proffering her hand.

"I'm Elva, how do you do?" she asked with a smile.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Hm... teams are assigned rooms based on a lottery... bags unloaded automatically..."

As the teacher - Professor Wink, according to his daily reminder sheet - started to mutter out answers to her questions, Claire nodded idly, groaning mentally at the news that someone else would be messing with her trunk. They'd probably be careful, of course, but she'd be pretty annoyed if they managed to scuff her limited edition King Taijitu model. That one was worth more than a little Lien. She should probably go look up the rooming assignments though, or at least figure out when the lottery would be held; that seemed like a good next step.

"AH-HA!" Wink exclaimed, jolting the young woman out of her brief reverie. "Dinner is at seven - the real important question."

Well, he wasn't wrong. Food was pretty darn crucial for a maturing Huntress. "Ah, great!" Claire grinned. "Thanks Professor Wink. I'll be sure to-"

"Oh, you're one of the ones that took down that mangy fleabag! Excellent work, yes," the old man interjected, his eyes shining with an impressed glint. "Tell me," he continued, "wolf, snake, or beef?"

It took Claire a second to realize he was talking about, but the realization quickly snapped into place. "You want to know what the Tartarus tastes like?" she asked, a little dumbfounded. This was certainly a first; she didn't really know how to react. "That's one of the weirdest thing..." the girl began, before trailing off mid-thought. Wait, why hadn't she been giving that particular test a try? While some Grimm produced their own poisons, most simply relied on claws and fangs to kill their prey; there wouldn't be anything dangerous about them once they were dead, and wasn't tasting them just another way to test their muscles?

"...You know what? I didn't get a good bite, but let me see if I remember." Shutting her eyes, Claire ran her tongue along her bottom lip, struggling to remember what the scene had tasted like when she'd been fighting the Tartarus. Obviously, the air had been laced with several distinct flavors of Dust, her own particular brand of cartridge among them, but there had also been the telltale hints of sweat, sand, and blood (both human and Grimm). But deeper than that, past even the thick, revoltingly musky taste of fur and scales, there was... Just barely there, the slightest tinge of something juicy and succulent. "It wasn't so much an individual flavor, it was more like... They had all been spliced together, but also with... goose? Some sort of bird, I think. Oh, and... milk? I know I'm remembering some calcium or something."

Opening her eyes, the girl offered Wink a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I'll try to have a better report next time I run into one."

Thanking the Professor for his help, Claire glanced around for the room assignments. Heading towards a likely crowd of students clustering around a wall-scroll, she meandered over, when something else caught her attention. "Schwarz Zaan, huh?" she muttered aloud, noting her last teammate standing by himself. Might as well go say hi, she mused.

However, she wasn't the only one to approach the young man. Another student, garbed in impressive robes of black and red reached Schwarz first and said some greeting that Claire couldn't quite hear. As she reached the two men, the girl whistled appreciatively as she glanced the new guy up and down. "Jeez, that's a pretty nice get-up," she said conversationally. "Loving the color scheme. You trying to cosplay?"

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
"I saw your fight Schwarz Zaan; the flames of war tell me you are strong."

The man with the flame on his armor caught him by surprise, not so much because of his sudden approach but because of his bizarre salutation. However, he heard a compliment, so that was enough to keep the conversation going. "The flames are right, but I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. I believe you're on Ochre's team, yes? Might I know your name?"

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
"So... like, how did someone like you get to be a leader? Was the rest of the Team just weak or were they throwing you a bone or something?"

Matt gaped for a moment, not sure how to respond. Seeing his hesitation, the girl quickly raised her free hand, cutting off any attempt at a rebuttal. Her face shifts into a sneer, eyes glinting cruelly. "Wait, wait, don't bother. It's obviously both. I mean, you? Really? Anybody desperate enough to team up with a failure like you deserves..."

"Hey, I didn't see you stop a Tartarus with your bare hands, or punt one into a gorge. In fact, from the clips I saw, your leader is nothing more than a worthless cheerleader. Maybe you should get him some pom-poms and a miniskirt, they oughta fit him real good." The girl shifts her attention Amber's way, her sneer shifting tone from amusement to annoyance. "Uh, excuse me? I was talking. RUDE." Her eyes narrow, the amused demeanor returning to her sneer. "But I wouldn't expect bottom-rung trash like you to understand basic manners. Where'd you find those clothes, anyway, a dumpster? It'd be fitting, if nothing else."

A white-hot flare of something Matt couldn't quite identify rises up in his chest as she hurls insults Amber's way. Anger? Indignation? Maybe. Matt didn't really mind the abuse heaped his way - he deserved it, after all - but he couldn't help but stir at a twisting sensation in his gut. His gape turns to a somewhat shaky frown leveled the girl's way. Now that he'd had a moment's reprieve to gather his resolve, he managed to recall who this girl was, to an extent. He'd never so much as spoken to her before, being one of the wealthier graduates of their Sanctuary class. She didn't pick on him(or at least not directly), but he got the feeling that it was entirely because she saw him as beneath her notice. Being a poor orphan did that, in the eyes of most of the nobility. But now that he'd stolen the show with the rest of his team?

He wasn't surprised in the slightest that she'd changed her policy regarding him, now that he'd cut at her ego.

"Probably born in one, too, like the rest of your filthy kind." Rufus chimed in, his own sneer cutting. "You'd probably find a better leader with the roaches than that animal-loving loser."

Another mote of anger wells up in Matt's stomach. He tightens his grip on his seat, feeling it deform ever so slightly under his hand's immense pressure, an uncharacteristic glower leveled Rufus's way. Rufus, for his part, picks up on this rather quickly, chuckling dismissively. "Aww, what's wrong? Don't like how I'm treating your pets? That's too bad." He leans in, bringing his face just inches from Matt's own, staring him down. "What happened back on the ship? A fluke. And even if it wasn't, I'm sure the faculty here are just aching for a reason to throw all of you out with the rest of the garbage." He leans back to a standing position, the smugness practically radiating from his figure.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]Elva[/HEADING]

"I'm Elva, how do you do?" The girl watched Elva down the hotdog with one eyebrow raised and a slight tilt of her head. "You know those things are just pureed meat and sugar right? Not really fit for human consumption." the girl said, unable to contain herself. A moment later she realized what she said and shook her head. "Sorry; I'm Septia and I'm doing well I guess." she said before glancing over Elva.

"Better than you by appearance? Are you injured?" she asked, concern in her voice. She had guessed Elva wasn't at 100% given they'd just gotten back from fighting a three-headed monstrosity.

[HEADING=2]Schwarz[/HEADING]

"Flammel van Houten" he said before entering a long silent pause, eyes unblinking throughout all. In fact, Schwarz could not remember a single time he'd seen the strange man blink. Afterward, he tilted his head to the side - eyes still unblinking - and smiled. "You will make fine fuel." he said before wandering off toward what were presumably the dorms.

[HEADING=2]Amber, Diamond, Jade, and Matt[/HEADING]

Jade stood there flabbergasted. What the hell had just happened? The Rufus guy she was kind of expecting given Amber's actions, but the girl just came out of left field. Now, Jade wasn't usually one to let insults bother her. She'd been at a school for nobles as a commoner after all. This time however, they weren't insulting her but her team and her friend.

Jade cleared her throat. "Rufus... Rufus's-" Jade began to speak before breaking to glance the woman over. "-inexplicably uglier sister?" she added in a questioning tone and with a smirk. "I don't know what problem you have with my friends, but let's look at the pecking order shall we?" From there, Jade pointed to the video's playing on the walls. "Us" she said, indicating the battle with the Tatarus. "The teams who fought off - by ourselves - a Grimm graduate hunters have trouble with" she said. From there, she moved to the image of Team RFUS on a hill. "You." she said before returning. "The first team in Lodestar history to be bailed out by the Headmaster."

"Us... You..." she finished with hand gestures and in a tone usually reserved for small children. "Let me know when you're less of a joke and we'll talk." she added with a dismissive gesture.

The Captcha was "trolololol". It may have influenced my writing.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
(( Amber ))

The girl who had insulted Matt slowly turned to look over at Amber as she piped in. The look she gave shifted from a sneer of amusement to irritation at being spoken to.

"Uh, excuse me? I was talking. RUDE. But I wouldn't expect bottom-rung trash like you to understand basic manners. Where'd you find those clothes, anyway, a dumpster? It'd be fitting, if nothing else."

That was when the leader of Team RFUS decided to chime in himself.

"Probably born in one, too, like the rest of your filthy kind. You'd probably find a better leader with the roaches than that animal-loving loser."

Amber didn't get the chance to hear the rest of what they said, because she was busy pushing back her chair and getting to her feet. While she came up to the same height as the boy, she towered over the girl, and she slowly strode over with a small, polite smile. When she reached the girl, she bent down so that they were eye-to-eye. Or would have been, if it wasn't for Amber's hair being in the way.

"I'm sorry, was I being rude? Let's start over. My name is Amber Aries, and I'm the girl who could break you in half with her bare hands. So you may want to be careful who you insult." she said softly, her smile taking an edge before she turned to the boy and strode over with a swagger.

"As for you," she started, bumping her forehead against his so that their faces were centimeters apart, "I'm looking forward to a rematch. Heard there's an arena, so if you want to prove you're better, do it there. Then we'll see if what happened on the airship was a fluke." she finished.

That was when Jade cleared her throat and pointed out the obvious differences between the video footage, and the fact that compared to Teams JADE and MJSC, Team RFUS had it easy.

"Let me know when you're less of a joke and we'll talk."

Amber looked back at Rufus with a smug smile of her own.

"You heard her. Now go run along, we're having lunch." she said, before turning to the table and sitting back down.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Flannel van Hotman," the bizarre student said in response to Schwarz's question. Even by Claire's standards, that name was more than a little odd. Who named their kid after a fabric? "You will make fine fuel."

Apparently meaning the "compliment" to be a farewell, the strange youth headed off. Claire watched him go, a little confused. She wasn't sure if he had been ignoring her or just hadn't heard her question. Well, regardless, odds were she'd run into him again at some point, during class if nothing else. Anyway, as Flannel wandered towards what was likely the dorms, the Faunus remembered why she was here, and turned to face her final teammate.

"Schwarz, right?" she began, extending her hand. "Hey, I'm Claire. Nice to meetcha.

"So, do you work for the Zaan corporation or something? Seems kind of weird to name yourself after a company."

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
"You know those things are just pureed meat and sugar right? Not really fit for human consumption."

Elva glanced at the remaining hotdog in her hand. She knew they weren't very good for you, but come on she'd just helped kill a Tartarus! Surely she was allowed to celebrate a little! She took a bite as the girl continued.

"Sorry; I'm Septia and I'm doing well I guess. Better than you by appearance? Are you injured?"

The concern from this girl surprised Elva a little. With the excitement of the feast and the TV screens, she'd totally forgotten about her injured wrist. Now that she had remembered it however, it began to throb painfully.

"Oh, hehe. Yea I kinda hurt my wrist in our last fight... but it's really not that bad, just a little sprain see?" she said as she pushed her arm forward. "It'll be fine in a few days I'm sure."

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
"Excuse me!?" The girl balked, glaring at Jade. She almost reaches for the weapon strapped to her side, before catching herself. "What gives second-rate trash like you the right to talk like that? I am Umbra Wilson! You're just some-"

"Umbra, please." Rufus raises a hand, cutting off the girl's tirade. She casts a furious look Jade's way before backing down, still fuming. "No need to make a scene, especially not for their sake." He spits out the word as though it were acid, casting a cutting glare Amber's way.

"I'm sorry, was I being rude? Let's start over. My name is Amber Aries, and I'm the girl who could break you in half with her bare hands. So you may want to be careful who you insult.

As for you. I'm looking forward to a rematch. Heard there's an arena, so if you want to prove you're better, do it there. Then we'll see if what happened on the airship was a fluke."

Rufus only deepened his sneer in response to Amber's taunting, casting a disgusted look Jade's way. "Sickening. You call yourselves leaders and you can't even keep your pets properly leashed?" Giving his head a mock shake, he gestures dismissively. "Can't say I'm surprised, really. Commoners like you have no sense of dignity, I swear." He turns to face Amber fully, the sneer gone from his face - now replaced with a look of genuine disgust, as though he were looking at a filthy, unbathed animal. "But if you truly insist on being put in your place? Well... I suppose it would be my duty as a defender of humanity."

Matt sat in furious silence as the exchange continued - but as Rufus leveled that last insult, with the audacity to imply Amber, of all people, were little better than Grimm? He could almost feel something snap in the back of his mind. The next instant is a blur of motion - and when Matt returns to his senses, his hands are locking Rufus in a firm grapple, pinning the boy, a mixture of surprise and shock painting his features, on his back against the table.

"W...what the hell is your problem!? We.. we were just sitting here and you...!" Rufus struggles against Matt's pin, his eyes widening even further as he comes to realize Matt's grip was much firmer than it appeared. He ignores the sound of Rufus's teammate drawing her weapon and readying it, shouting a threat.

"Mr. Steele."

A calm voice to his right, however, breaks him from his reverie. A quick glance reveals the source to be a boy a few years older than himself, wearing a Lodestar uniform, tall and with platinum blonde hair and stark brown eyes. He brings his weapon - a shining silver rapier - to Matt's throat. "Please release Mr. Ochre."

Matt blinks, and looks down at his captive - and in an instant, the weight of what he just did comes crashing down on him. He releases Rufus with a leap backwards, taking in deep, measured breaths in a desperate attempt to calm himself. 'Did I... Did I just... lose it? Again?'

Rufus quickly rights his balance and brushes himself off, turning to the intervening man with a smug look on his face. Before he could so much as utter a word, however, the rapier is brought to Rufus's throat instead, cutting him off. "Not in the mood, Ochre. Take your team and leave."

Rufus balks, for a moment ignoring the weapon at his throat. "What?! He assaulted me! I demand something be-"

"Oh, and I suppose you were a perfect little angel getting picked on by a mean old bully? Grimmshit." He gestures with his rapier towards the nearest exit. "If you really have a problem, you can take it up with the Prefect on staff- Oh wait. That's me." His glare hardens. "Leave. NOW."

Taken aback by the man's aggressiveness, Rufus scoffs but moves to comply, averting his gaze. "Come on, Umbra. We have better places to be."

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
(( Amber ))

What Jade had said seemed to really get under the girl's skin, especially since she began to reach for her weapon before the boy held her back, telling her that they weren't worth it. His tone made it clear just how little he thought of both Team JADE and MJSC, which only served to grate on Amber's nerves even more. But her challenge only managed to make him sneer in disdain.

"Sickening. You call yourselves leaders and you can't even keep your pets properly leashed? Can't say I'm surprised, really. Commoners like you have no sense of dignity, I swear."

He really did come off as the worst kind of smug, rich asshole, Amber thought as she huffed once.

"'Scuse me? I'm no pet, and at least I have the dignity to face whoever happens to be a problem head-on, instead of running to a teacher." she taunted.

He turned to face her fully then, the look on his face one of sheer disgust.

"But if you truly insist on being put in your place? Well... I suppose it would be my duty as a defender of humanity."

That was enough to cause her to audibly growl, but before she could do anything to the smug prick, there was a blur of motion and he was suddenly pinned to the table. By none other than Matt. Amber took a step back in shock, blinking behind her bangs as she watched the boy struggle against Matt's grip. She couldn't exactly describe how it made her feel, but it made her want to smile a little.

Unfortunately, it didn't last very long as a boy, clad in the Lodestar Uniform and holding a rapier to Matt's throat.

"Please release Mr. Ochre."

When Matt leaped back in apparent shock, Ochre looked like he was about to open his mouth before the tip of the rapier was at his throat.

"Not in the mood, Ochre. Take your team and leave."

Ochre clearly wasn't going to have any of that though, glaring and disregarding the rapier as he started to complain. The fact was, Amber was under the impression that complaints, and family connections, were likely to be his most used weapons, and she was far from impressed. But she was quickly starting to like the newcomer, particularly since he wasn't going to tolerate Ochre's crap.

"Oh, and I suppose you were a perfect little angel getting picked on by a mean old bully? Grimmshit. If you really have a problem, you can take it up with the Prefect on staff- Oh wait. That's me. Leave. NOW."

When Ochre and his teammate finally turned to leave, Amber bared her teeth in what could barely be considered a smile.

"Oh, and before I forget! Anyone that messes with my friends? They'll answer to me." she called over, before turning to the Prefect and adding, "Well, within the rules."

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
"You will make fine fuel."

Mr. Hotman had left Schwarz in a state of bemusement. Had he just been given the business by someone who looked like their mom dressed them? He could only smirk until the strange stranger was out of sight, he then let it evolve into a light chuckle.

"Schwarz, right? Hey, I'm Claire. Nice to meetcha."

The chuckle stopped, and the smile dropped. Its name was "Claire", but that practically flew in one ear and out the other. Schwarz could only look at it in clear annoyance, inspecting its features, most notably its eyes. Schwarz had to admit, he was not certain in the glimpses he caught of Claire until now, but it was finally clear to him that it was a Faunus.

"So, do you work for the Zaan corporation or something? Seems kind of weird to name yourself after a company."

So it continued to speak, now not only annoying Schwarz by interrupting his amusement with its presence, but now frustrating him with its ignorance. Schwarz could tell that it was the sort that would just keep asking questions until the listener's ears fell off. So, for the sake of his sanity, he graced it with an answer. "Your order is backwards. The name begot the company."

With that chestnut to chew on, Schwarz briskly moved away, back towards the crowds around the food tables in order to shake any chance of pursuit.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
As Rufus and Umbra filed out of the hall with one last glare cast Amber's way, the prefect sheathes his weapon with a sigh. "I'd like to apologize for his behavior. People like them give the rest of us nobles a bad name." He rubs the bridge of his nose, clearly trying to fight back a growing headache. He murmurs something under his breath - something about 'dealing with this shit for another year' - before returning to his previous composure. As he finishes, he brings his attention Matt's way, his gaze turning stern.

"That being said, as much as I hate to admit it, he had a point, Mr. Steele. Violence is very strictly forbidden outside sanctioned sparring matches." Matt's breath catches in his throat. He'd just managed to regain his faculties after his latest... outburst... but a feeling of cold dread washes over him, threatening to send him right back into a gibbering mess. Had he really gone this far just to be tossed out for losing his temper?

Looking Matt over, the prefect sighs again. "However, considering how Ochre and Wilson were needlessly antagonizing you, and how no lasting harm was done, I'll let it slide this once with a warning. Please conduct yourself better in the future. That goes for ALL of you." He casts a quick glare Amber's way before quickly slumping into a relaxed demeanor, apparently satisfied at his administration. A similar wave of relief washes over Matt, who nodded a little too vigorously at his words. "Y..yes, sir."

He laughs at that. "Sir? You need to relax, kid, I'm only a senior. Call me Alex. Alexander Argent."

Elva​

"Ooh, that's a nasty sprain, alright." Septia looked over the arm, narrowing her eyes in concentration. "On its own, I'd estimate a recovery time of three days, five if you need that hand to write. But... nothing I can't handle." She quickly takes Elva's arm in her hand and swipes her other hand over Elva's wrist, her hands glowing with a dull green light.

The light seems to seep into Elva's skin before fading, and as it does, she feels the pain recede, her wrist seemingly healed. Septia steps back, a self-satisfied look on her face. "Another day, another miracle. You're welcome." She casts a glance at Elva's chosen dish of hot dogs, a smirk flashing across her face for an instant before falling back into her previous self-satisfied expression. "Well, enjoy your lunch." Septia nods and rises to leave, having finished her own meal.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Septia​

Septia, seeing Rufus and Umbra leaving, quickly hastened her pace to catch up but not before... leaving a surprise on the table. It wasn't that she felt she needed to leave with them or something, but she did have something to show them they might enjoy. She'd gotten the gist of what had gone down across the room between them and the two of the other teams. It was one of the reasons she'd approached Elva rather than some of the other injured hunters-in-training.

"Rufus, Umbra; wait up." she said once they were within ear shot. They turned and waited by the exit from the room. Umbra just looked bored at this point and Rufus looked... well like he always did; mildly to moderately annoyed. Umbra was the first to speak. "What is it Septia?" she said, her tone betraying how little she actually cared. Septia just smiled and said "Watch" while gesturing toward Elva by moving her head.

And they did just that, having an idea of what to expect, with a small smirk each. Septia did ALWAYS make things more interesting.

Elva​

Elva returned to what she'd been doing; eating mostly. She saw Septia meet up with a girl she didn't know and the jerk from the airship. She didn't have long to dwell upon it as the smell of smoke hit her. Looking around, most of the people near the table seemed to notice the smell. The source was hard to pin down. Looking around, she finally noticed the source of the smell. Or rather, sources.

The largest was from the table of food itself. Particularly, the hot dogs. Looking down at her own hot dog, she noticed the same smell came from there too. She had just a moment to notice the little flecks of red dust covering it before it happened.

BOOM!. The hotdogs - including her half eaten one - all went off like firecrackers, sending a shower of meat byproducts down upon everyone near the table. Elva herself was now covered in said meat what with the holding one of them. As the smoke faded, she noticed a note under where her hotdog had been.

It read: "I told you it wasn't fit for human consumption. - S.S.". A second later, the note itself went up in smoke.

Across the room, Rufus and Umbra were laughing uncontrollably. Septia just smiled, made a motion as though she were tipping her hat, and disappeared around the corner.

Septia Scipio: All bow before the healer-prankster of Team RFUS.

@Drum: The blast was largely superficial; there's no damage to you or anyone around; you're just covered in hotdog now.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Well, that was certainly a commotion. Nevertheless, it was somewhat encouraging to see there were measures in place to prevent that sort of behaviour. While it could be considered cowardly that Jet was content with not making himself a target, such things were beneath his notice. Faunus were insulted daily, simply standing up to them with words would get nowhere fast.

Hence the need for action, hence the need for the White Fang... However, a distant rumble within the Owl Faunus's mind stopped that train of thought. What also do so was the not-so-distant popping of "meat" products.

Of course, there was always one...

Having been caught in the rain of exploding hotdogs, Jet took the opportunity to examine the Team MJSC dorms, and maybe take a shower. If there was nothing but childish pranks and insults going around, best to be somewhere else. Especially since the food fight had already started by the looks of things.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Your order is backwards. The name begot the company."

Claire's slight grin didn't falter as Schwarz delivered his brisk reply, and she didn't react as her teammate turned on his heel and walked back into the crowds. Granted, social interaction may not have been her forte, but the Faunus had been on the receiving end of that particular tone more than enough times to recognize its implications. Mr. Zaan was apparently one of those people.

Ah well, the girl mused as she slid back into a less-focused mindset. She'd ignored xenophobes like him at Sanctuary, and it probably wouldn't be much harder here at Lodestar. Though, considering how much emphasis the faculty was placing on these new teams, simply staying out of Mr. Zaan's way might be a bit harder than usual...

Meh. It would probably Mr. Leader-man's job to keep conflict to a minimum. She could afford to do her own thing and play it by ear, at least for now. Plus, that bird guy was also pretty clearly a Faunus; odds were it'd be Mr. Zaan getting in trouble, not her.

Noting that she'd somehow managed to make her way over to room assignments, Claire took a moment to find the listing for MJSC. There, at least she remembered the team name. That was a good start. Oh, hey, and it looked like they were just across the hall from Elva and Jade's team. How about that?

After glancing at the nearby map for a second, the young woman started meandering her way out of the dining hall. She'd eaten her fill, gotten her team assigned, and had all her questions answered. There wasn't much else keeping her here, and... and...

Wait, why did the air taste like chili peppers?

BOOM!

Operating on reflex, the Faunus spun to face the source of the explosion, quickly throwing up a protective sheen of aura around herself... but not quickly enough to get splattered by a grimy spray of hotdog bits. Blech, this was going to be a ***** to clean.

Having yet another reason to head to her new quarters, Claire exited the dining room, pulling off her now slightly slimy shirt as she went. Hopefully her luggage had already been delivered.