RWBY "White" Trailer

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Kinda meh.

The first trailer with the werewolves was way more interesting.

I guess I just can't get behind a combat scene where the hero is wearing something so utterly impractical.

I'll buy the color changing sword, the giant armor suit, the awesomely impossible moves, but really? THAT'S what you're wearing into battle?
Watch the trailer again. She's clearly attacked during the concert (or, at least to me, the battle is the song playing out in her mind, or something). It's not like she'd have time to change outfits (or, if it's all in her head, it's not like she'd necessarily imagine any other outfit than the one she's wearing).

Robert Hilliker said:
On a side not did anyone notice at the beginning of her performance Weiss already had the scar?
Very nice touch. Not sure what it means, but a very nice touch.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Jellly said:
Unlike most people I haven't really heard of Monty Ohm and I don't watch RedvsBlue but I do listen to their podcasts. I do watch animes from time to time but not a big fan. I'll give this show a chance but to be honest I don't expect very much. Monty said he wants to focus on the characters and story etc. so then why showcase some of the most stereotypical anime fighting ever? Oversized weapons/enemies? Check. Magical weapons? Check. Over the top/unrealistic jumping all over the place fighting style? Check. Schoolgirls in short skirts? Check. If he really wants to focus on the character/story/plot/relationships whatever he needs to show some of that in a trailer.
Saviordd1 said:
Gunner_Guardian said:
However it didn't clear up the one thing I was concerned about. Mount Oum (I'm pretty sure this is mostly his project) is known for his ability to animate some of the best fight scenes, I don't think anyone doubts that. However I don't know how well other aspects will hold up like..... plot...

Maybe the next trailer will clear that up. In the meantime I'm looking forward to how this turns out.
I don't think that's very necessary. It's just trailers introducing the main characters (and showing how much they kick ass). Since we already know that the actual show will be focusing on plot and character development...what's the issue with two-minute badass introductions for each of them?

I prefer the way he's doing it now: Each character gets their own thing, no outright story attached, showing a taste of what they're capable of. Perhaps he'll make a "tying it all together" trailer at the end, but to only show the story/plot/etc stuff in some of the character trailers would be a bit unfair and wouldn't make a good impact.

Edit: However, I think that the first two trailers COULD be showing a bit of the plot or their backgrounds, satisfying what you both appear to be asking for. We won't know until the show actually comes out, though.

Dygen Entreri

Sep 23, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Dygen Entreri said:
Desert Punk said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Didn't like it. Another magic girl in mini skirt and oversized weapon darts around like a quake player while shitty Jpop music plays. Not interested.
The weapon she has is a pretty standard length rapier. I would call a rapier an "Oversized weapon." about as much as I would call a potato gun and anti-tank cannon.
You beat me to it! That guy really need to lighten up judging by his later comments.
You can stop talking about me now like I don't have eyes to read this thread.
And you can lighten up, as I said before. You made a mistake with your review of the trailer. Imagine if Yatzee had done a ZP on Gears of War and said that it was a FPS without a cover system? That's pretty similar to what you did.

How's that ban working out for you?

Andrew Myers

Oct 4, 2012
Have to say I really enjoy the trailers so far. Looking forward to the series proper but until then the combination of badass weapons and interesting fights will tide me over. Serious Gunscythe? How has no one ever thought of that before?