Ryan Gosling, Zac Efron and Leonardo DiCaprio in talks for Star Wars Episode 7...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
It's as if millions of voices cried out in terror...And were suddenly silenced...

Jokes aside, here is the link

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/25/ryan-gosling-zac-efron-and-leonardo-dicaprio-in-talks-for-star-wars-episode-7-3898857/

Ryan Gosling, Zac Efforn and Leonardo Di Caprio (when i read that, i had an image on Leo being at the front of a Star Destroyer with his arms out singing "My heart will go on" xD )could be characters in Ep 7...

Honestly i am okay with this, Zac is actually a pretty good actor and i can easily see him being Lukes son, Or Hans, No idea what roles the other 2 could play...

Your thoughts guys?

EDIT: Never mind, Leonardo has been ruled out... So it's just Zac and Ryan

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010

Since disney owns star wars now, they're gonna just gonna puke money all over this. Dicaprio isn't the first person I think of for Starwars....Not a bad actor, I just feel...off...

Then again, he's a talented man, he'll figure something out.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Part of my mind wants to expel the thought of the starring lead of High School Musical being in a Star Wars film, but to be honest Zac isn't bad. I liked him in Hairspray, and overall he's a good actor.

I can't imagine what role Leonardo Di Caprio could play, though.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Ldude893 said:
I have this hysterical image of Leo never telling WHO he plays until the movie comes out, then we find out when we see it that he was a Wookie.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Terminate421 said:

Since disney owns star wars now, they're gonna just gonna puke money all over this.
To be fair, The original Trilogy had popular actors for its time, And the prequel trilogy had many popular actors as well, it's hardly surprising Disney wants popular actors from today's age as well :p

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Terminate421 said:
Ldude893 said:
I have this hysterical image of Leo never telling WHO he plays until the movie comes out, then we find out when we see it that he was a Wookie.
Read my Edit :p leo got ruled out apparently, it's just Zac and Ryan now

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
arc1991 said:
To be fair, The original Trilogy had popular actors for its time, And the prequel trilogy had many popular actors as well, it's hardly surprising Disney wants popular actors from today's age as well :p
I thought the main 3 at least weren't super popular. I know Mark Hamil was a TV actor and Harrison Ford was in American Graffiti but that's not on the level of this casting. I'll give you the prequel trilogy but it's not necessarily a sign of good things to come if it starts to have more stuff in common with the prequel trilogy than original.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Gatx said:
arc1991 said:
I thought the main 3 at least weren't super popular. I know Mark Hamil was a TV actor and Harrison Ford was in American Graffiti but that's not on the level of this casting. I'll give you the prequel trilogy but it's not necessarily a sign of good things to come if it starts to have more stuff in common with the prequel trilogy than original.
I actually liked the Prequel Trilogy, i'm a rare one haha!

Jar Jar wasn't that annoying for me, it added a bit of humour, however i can see why fans of the original got pissed off at him.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Ryan Gosling has previously said he wouldn't consider a huge blockbuster or superhero type role so I find it hard to believe they will bring him on board. Leonardo is too big an actor to play a lead in a star wars film (despite the fact he's been ruled out), I don't really have much to back that statement up with but I think he too has avoided huge franchise spanning roles. Come to think of it, I don't think he's even reprised a role for a sequel before.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cast several unknowns or unfamiliar faces to play the lead role. Its the best thing to avoid any negative preconceptions for the series, at least until it's inevitable sequels get underway.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
arc1991 said:
Terminate421 said:

Since disney owns star wars now, they're gonna just gonna puke money all over this.
No it didn't! All three main protagonists were relative unknowns at the time. The only two people who had any semblance of fame whatsoever were Peter Cushing and Alec Guiness. The prequel trilogy is another story though, what with Liam and Ewan.

randomrob1968

Sep 26, 2011
It doesn't matter who's in it. It matters who's writing it. If I see Damon Lindeloff or Akiva Goldman on the story credit, I'm out.

Then again, it can't ever have the same magic as it did in 1977 because then it was an unknown property, now it's just a cash cow. So the 'how do we maximize profit' is always going to be the main concern over anything else... esp. with Disney's current managerial mindset.

In a perfect world, I'd say create a reverse kickstarter and get Disney and friends to throw in cash on a completely fan-created film series. Then there would be love of the material and the lack of cynicism and the excitement this thing needs.

But leave it to corporate?

It'll just be the same.

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
Out of those three DiCaperio is the best choice. He has more experience and from what i've seen a wider acting and emotional range. Besides if Zac Effron is who i think he is i don't want a high school musical star within 100 galaxies of my new star wars film

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
arc1991 said:
EDIT: Never mind, Leonardo has been ruled out... So it's just Zac and Ryan
Gutted that just sounds aweful. Di caprio was a new hope but perhaps the disney empire will strike back and return mark hamill as a jedi (see what i did there?....you know you liked it ;)

Seriously though i think Di caprio would be really good. My friend slated me for being a di caprio fan and i retorted "shy of titanic name a bad di caprio film" he couldnt answer me because di caprio is a legend

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
arc1991 said:
Gatx said:
arc1991 said:
I actually liked the Prequel Trilogy, i'm a rare one haha!

Jar Jar wasn't that annoying for me, it added a bit of humour, however i can see why fans of the original got pissed off at him.
First sorry for double post.

Second same! Phantom Menace is my favorite out of the six and as far as i can see Jar Jar is the only reason to dislike anything in that film

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
From the article:
The actor, who played Jedi Master Mace Windu, bumped into JJ Abrams at George Lucas?s wedding but still has no clue if he will be cast in the new film.

He told AP: ?JJ was there, I was there. I was like [raises eyebrows] and he was like [shrug], and he just went about his business. I don?t know what that means.?

Jackson added: ?Harrison [Ford] was there too, and he was like [shrug].
I just find that hilarious. What if Hollywood casting devolved into nothing more than a series of eyebrows and shrugs?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I definitely like those actors (well, I don't particularly care for Mr. Efron but from what I hear, he's not bad) but I'm going to sound a bit like an angry fanboy here and say that I'm not sure they're made for Star Wars.
And I really hope I'm wrong about that.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Kaulen Fuhs said:
shootthebandit said:
Seriously though i think Di caprio would be really good. My friend slated me for being a di caprio fan and i retorted "shy of titanic name a bad di caprio film" he couldnt answer me because di caprio is a legend
I'd say Shutter Island, but maybe that's just because I finished the commercial for the film and already knew what the twist was going to be.
Shutter Island was a horrible movie, but to be fair, it wasn't Leo's fault. His performance was flawless. Its just that everyone around him was horrible, the script was terrible, and the director was a complete boob.

As for Star Wars, thank god. Leo's an excellent actors who's better served with more interesting movies, like Django (Brilliant, stole the whole second act) and Inception. I would hate to see him chained to some unwieldy Disney/Star Wars death trap of a trilogy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
arc1991 said:
(when i read that, i had an image on Leo being at the front of a Star Destroyer with his arms out singing "My heart will go on" xD )could be characters in Ep 7...
"I'm king of the...."
*Millenium Falcon blasts him to bits*
"You're all clear kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"

The only way I'll accept these casting choices, for the record.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shootthebandit said:
I can't name one that he was good in. I can name good movies he was in, but he's kind of a shite actor. After watching Inception, I'm kinda wondering how anyone can stand him.