[s]Poll: Guild Wars 2 Escapist guild emblem.[/s] CLOSED

Jun 11, 2008
[HEADING=2]CLOSED[/HEADING]

These are some of the prototype emblems I made for the guild we have on GW2. Just pick which one you prefer and give any suggestions on changes of colour as all available colours are there. I couldn't get much contrast between the colours but that is the best I could do.

Also read edit for comments on colour.

EDIT:

To those asking all of the colours available at the moment for making the emblem are there and none of them are Escapist like. I'm not using Yellow as that is not Escapist but Zero Punctuation and while it is part of the Escapist it is nothing to do with this group. That and the shades of yellowish colours are diabolical. I was going to switch the red out for the blue, white and black scheme anyway. I did want to give people an idea of some of the other colours though but I should have said that in the OP. Unfortunately, a lot of colours are quite dark so when used together do not stand out well and look quite bad.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
I think I like 1 the best. Some of the others could be better if the colours were switched around a bit. Number 3 looks like a Toys R Us guild.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well they look good but they aren't really Escapist-ish, it should be something with the swirly E or a penguin with mustache.

But I'm not that familiar with GW2 mechanics, most MMOs allow an emblem picture import is this doable with GW2?

Jun 11, 2008
Mr.K. said:
Well they look good but they aren't really Escapist-ish, it should be something with the swirly E or a penguin with mustache.

But I'm not that familiar with GW2 mechanics, most MMOs allow an emblem picture import is this doable with GW2?
No it isn't. I haven't seen any option for it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I prefer option 5 as I like the colours scheme and I guess the hammer could repersent the banhammer on this site:p

Now I think about it, those three colours are the same colours that the Escapist logo use at the start of their videos (well it's more blue than black).

Honestly I'm fine with option 1, 2, 4 or 5 however I think the colours scheme on 5 is the best one of them all.

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
I would say either 1 or 5. I think that we should use the escapist color scheme though so maybe make the sword blue in 1? Either way they all look pretty cool.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I agree with the above, number 1 in Escapist colours seems like the best choice so far.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
How do guilds work in GW2? Strictly one server affairs or...?

Either way, I want to know. Maybe I can own the server Escapists play on in WvW.
They're cross server.
And there's no way you're owning Desolation, we always have the largest slice of pie!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Not to get too literal with people's fun, but wouldn't it make some sense to represent The Escapists with more... "representative" colors? yellow and blue, perhaps? I haven't been able to fiddle with it, so I don't know if that's possible.

Also, is there an option to create a custom emblem? and if so, does anyone have some artistic skill enough to approximate the "e" symbol? I dunno, I kinda like the idea of wearing that symbol into WvW, like some kind of crazy superheroes...

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
2xDouble said:
Also, is there an option to create a custom emblem? and if so, does anyone have some artistic skill enough to approximate the "e" symbol? I dunno, I kinda like the idea of wearing that symbol into WvW, like some kind of crazy superheroes...
You can't unfortunately. But I think as soon as you can we'll have it anyway.
Also, you as officer can fiddle with the creator all you like I think.

Jun 11, 2008
To those asking all of the colours available at the moment for making the emblem are there and none of them are Escapist like. I'm not using Yellow as that is not Escapist but Zero Punctuation and while it is part of the Escapist it is nothing to do with this group. That and the shades of yellowish colours are diabolical. I was going to switch the red out for the blue, white and black scheme anyway. I did want to give people an idea of some of the other colours though but I should have said that in the OP. Unfortunately, a lot of colours are quite dark so when used together do not stand out well and look quite bad.

I'll leave this up for another day but I will probably switch the red out for blue on number 1. If I had the option for custom images I would have just gotten someone to do the "E" or something but that is not an option at the moment so that won't happen. I will also add the first paragraph to my OP as an edit as most people don't read the threads.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Senor Smoke21 said:
How do guilds work in GW2? Strictly one server affairs or...?

Either way, I want to know. Maybe I can own the server Escapists play on in WvW.
They're cross server.
And there's no way you're owning Desolation, we always have the largest slice of pie!
Not once I and a few others get organized.

I'm a winner in every online game I play. It's what I do in competitive play. Win 99% of the time, learn the other 1% of the time. And WvW interests me greatly, I can see myself playing a lot of it.

Bad news for every other server out there!

I look forward to seeing you on the field of combat my dota brother. ;D

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I think #4 is the best out of these, since most of the site's aesthetic is white and blue and it seems to look the least jarring out of those. I really don't like the colours on #5, but the icon isn't that bad.

Edit: Sorry, that's 5 and 6. XD