Sacred 3

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
So I've just discovered that Sacred 3 is going to be A Thing. PC, PS3 & Xbox.

I was quite excited as I remember Sacred 2 on the PC being very fun and addictive. Then I remembered that the console port of Sacred 2 was a half-assed incompetent mess and my enthusiasm for Sacred 3 on the PS3 dampened a little. I don't play PC games very often anymore, I prefer consoles.

Then I heard that they're changing the gameplay so that there's no random loot mechanics or anything like that... and I find myself wondering what the point of the game is going to be after all?

I guess I'll just have to wait until I read reviews of the game to decide whether to spend money on it instead of just pre-ordering it.

[captcha: taco tuesday] Awesome!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I liked Sacred 2, wasn't too sure about Sacred 1.

Not sure how I feel about a third game.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Neta said:
Then I heard that they're changing the gameplay so that there's no random loot mechanics or anything like that
What? But it's an ARPG! What the hell is Sacred 3 then?

EDIT: Holy crap, it's not even going to be open world. Fuck this game.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
They went from Elder Scrolls meets Diablo to just simply Gauntlet. It's like they needed a new poster child for dumbing games down.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I had good times with Sacred 2, but they quickly faded long before I had gotten very far in it. I played for a week or 2 as the elf mage and the guardian mostly and eventually got bored of spamming the same 2 skills over and over.

I only remember the big wall of fire spell being pretty much the best and only spell worth using, and the bouncy ball for the guardian.

Then I decided to just roll an angel/valkyrie whatever the class was called and rush to the end in a few hours for the trophy.

I never understood why that game has one of the biggest maps of ANY game ever made, yet you can finish the game in a few hours and skip 99% of everything without even trying. It would be like if Oblivion had 30 times the map size and ended simply by giving Martin the amulet, roll credits.

I've known that sacred 3 was in the works for what seems like years now. Everything I've seen of it looks crap, a definite step backwards. I haven't seen any videos yet, but so far its reminding me of how Puzzle Quest was a solid game, and then we got the sequels that just got progressively more terrible.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
I played as a Dryad, and pumped every last Rune into that buff that gives you an auto-healing effect and was virtually invincible.

Good times.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
Neta said:
Then I heard that they're changing the gameplay so that there's no random loot mechanics or anything like that
What? But it's an ARPG! What the hell is Sacred 3 then?

EDIT: Holy crap, it's not even going to be open world. Fuck this game.
Wait, really? Welp, I probably won't be buying this unless it turns out to somehow just be an insanely good linear RPG of sorts (and I really doubt it will).

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Sacred 3? There will be a Sacred 3? Time to save some money

*checks Steam page*

... whoever thought turning an open-world ARPG/hack&slash hybrid into a linear side-scrolling beat-em-up platformer was a good ideea: kindly blow your brains out with a shotgun and save the human race your idiocy. That or go work for EA/Ubisoft.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
XDSkyFreak said:

*checks Steam page*

... whoever thought turning an open-world ARPG/hack&slash hybrid into a linear side-scrolling beat-em-up platformer was a good ideea: kindly blow your brains out with a shotgun and save the human race your idiocy. That or go work for EA/Ubisoft.
You sure you didn't see Sacred: Citadel? That's a brawler as you just described. Deep Silver has been putting effort into rebranding the franchise as a brawler for a few years now.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Both 2 games were great, the third looks to be a disappointment. Simply put the prior two had great atmospheres and when I look at this game it does not even have the same kind of effort.

Reminds me of the Might and Magic series, number 5 was borderline great but 3 is arguably the best in the series, the past two Might and Magics have been cash grabbing diluted turn based strategies which will be the same for this game.

I would of expected an appearance from the band Blind Guardian somewhere even if it was a tiny appearance if Sacred 3 was at all serious in carrying the series further.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Signa said:
XDSkyFreak said:

*checks Steam page*

You sure you didn't see Sacred: Citadel? That's a brawler as you just described. Deep Silver has been putting effort into rebranding the franchise as a brawler for a few years now.
yeah yeah I know, but when I saw the tille my first thought was "So they finaly woke up and are making a proper Sacred game again thank god"

I have nothing against Citadel really ... it's a spin-off set in the Sacred universe doing it's own thing. But now? Now they went and shat themselves and are telling us to buy their shit. This is blatant false advertsing and a really poor atempt to con people out of their money based on nostalgia. It frankly shows (among many other sings) that the industry is reaching the critical mass of ass before everything erupts into yet another shitstorm and crash ... and on the short term it's just one more reason steam should bloody add quality control. Or maybe let us ban games from the store if they are based on false advertising in any way. But that won't happen of course because MONEY ...

Me personaly? I can't wait for the industry crash ... the indies will be in power them and for a few years we will have new and unique games again.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
The only thing I remembered from Sacred 2 is the Blind Guardian song, so [lumbergh]yeahhhh[/lumbergh].

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Neta said:
So I've just discovered that Sacred 3 is going to be A Thing. PC, PS3 & Xbox.

I was quite excited as I remember Sacred 2 on the PC being very fun and addictive. Then I remembered that the console port of Sacred 2 was a half-assed incompetent mess and my enthusiasm for Sacred 3 on the PS3 dampened a little. I don't play PC games very often anymore, I prefer consoles.

Then I heard that they're changing the gameplay so that there's no random loot mechanics or anything like that... and I find myself wondering what the point of the game is going to be after all?

I guess I'll just have to wait until I read reviews of the game to decide whether to spend money on it instead of just pre-ordering it.

[captcha: taco tuesday] Awesome!
I loved the xbox version of Sacred 2, for all its quirks and such. :)

lnin0

Jul 1, 2014
No loot? What reason is there for grinding then? I don't want to just dry hump everything, if at some point a load doesn't drop for me. Where is the backup for this lootless ARPG claim?

Ok, just checked the DS forums and a gameplay video. It's all true...this is no longer Sacred, its Gauntlet.

Blue Warrior needs food badly!

forgo911

Feb 26, 2014
If I'm not mistaken, Deep silver hates modders. I remember looking for sacred mods when I tripped across an interview by them which said that well...Lets just say they don't like us very much.

OT: as much as I loved playing scared as a kid, there is no way in hell I'm going to by Scared 3. It looks like garbage.

lnin0 said:
Blue Warrior needs food badly!
Man did this make me laugh

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
This reminds me of Dungeon Siege 3.

Taking the IP and rough idea of the game, stripping it away of everything that made it special, and throwing it back out as a linear button clicker.