Saddest Gaming Moment Ever

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
RIP Mordin Solus.

I hope there are plenty of seashells for you to scan in the afterlife.

/cry
Very much this, a toast to Mordin; he was the very model of a scientist Salarian.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Kingdom Hearts II->
Just about all of the parts with Roxas or Namine; I loved those characters and it broke my hearts when I left Twilight Town and again during the ending cinematic.

LoZ: Twilight Princess->
When Midna went back to her realm and broke the gateway with her tears; I was so attached to that little hell raiser.

Mass Effect 1->
I was rather attached to Kaiden (he was the only character who talked to my Shepard like she wasn't some warrior goddess), but I had accidentally turned him away romantically and then I accidentally sent him to his death in the suicide mission. In ME2 I didn't have the heart to have Shepard get romantic with anyone else.

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
Valkyria Chronicles. Yes, you know the scene I'm talking about.
/ragequit

I haven't played the ME3 ending yet, so it doesn't count.

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
I don't play a lot of games that make me that sad, but I'd have to say Luis's death from Resident Evil 4. Or maybe loosing Dogmeat in Fallout 3.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
putowtin said:
Mass Effect 3
Mordin, Thane and Legion, you shall be mourned.
Saying goodbye to Garrus (my love interest) I had to pause the game and wait til I stopped crying before heading into no mans land
This.

At Mordin's death, I was pretty devastated. When he told me about collecting seashells in the afterlife, I cracked completely. He seemed content though. Cleaning up the mess he thought he is responsible for and all that. Besides, he was an old man.

Thane struck me too, although I was pretty sure he'll die because of the disease. The prayer at his bed and when Kolyat told me that was for me, I couldn't even. I really liked Thane :(

I must say Legion got me even more than the previous ones. His sacrifice was so selfless, right at the time when he finally achieved something his people strived for. He was finally an individual, a real person, with his own free will, and had to give that away for all geth. I believe he was happy, but I was so fucking sad.

But the worst was definitely saying good bye to Garrus. When we started joking about human-turian babies and adopting a little krogan, I cracked yet again and was laughing in between the sobs and eating half of nutella with a spoon. Oh God, I was incapable of continuing the game after that for half an hour :(

In short; I cried my ass off on half of ME3. I think I spent more time crying than otherwise. That's not really my usual thing to do, but this was just uncontrollable.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
One of the sadder moments in my opinion is from Mother 3.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
So much mass effect 3 in this thread
I want to hear more about some past sad moments
Like that thing in pokemon red where you find out your rival unconsciously resents you for the death of his radicate, more so because you keep beating him and then you go on to shatter his dreams of being indigo league champion by beating him 5 min later, stealing the love of his grandfather professor oak and rubbing it in his orphan face.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
The part with Zeke in infamous 2, you know the one. I mean Zeke is one of my newest most favourite characters in anything ever and then... well half as long twice as bright.
RaikuFA said:
One of the sadder moments in my opinion is from Mother 3.

No man

no

no

no

Chapter 6

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Ah, another moment that actually got tears out of me-

Portal 2, when GLaDOS is ripped out of her body. That pit and that scream... made worse by the fact that, evil as she was, I just genuinely liked her character. And I was quite annoyed with Wheatley from the start, so him doing it was salt in the wound.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
Both of mine are from RDR.

Obviously the ending is one of them.

However, the one part I found sadder was in the Undead Nightmare expansion
<spoiler=With the Sasquatch> Where you kill all of his "man-eating" friends, only to find out that they are actually peaceful and friendly. By killing them you effectively committed genocide.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Greyah said:
Ninjat_126 said:
Also, Dark Souls had a few. Particularly, having to fight your friends if they go Hollow, Quelaag's Sister, and fighting Gwyn.
Fighting Gwyn was the saddest part of the entire game, I feel. You kind of prepare for some epic boss battle, but then it turns out Gwyn is just an old, insane man with a sword, and this song starts playing in the background:
Especially the difference between Gywn, Lord of Sunlight, throwing lightning bolts and seeming generally badass, to Gywn, Lord of Cinder, being on fire, being insane, and being a shadow of his former self.

I killed Gywndolin and joined Kaathe. Seemed like the right thing to do, since Frampt and Gywndolin were both manipulative bastards.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Even though the endings to ME3 were pretty bad, they were still very emotional and hit me pretty hard. I guess it was because it was so sudden. Especially when....

you are sitting with anderson and he succumbs to his wounds.

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
Mass Effect 3,
the whole god damn Krogan storyline was brilliant. I teared up at multiple points but this one really got me.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
For me it was a few scenes in Mass Effect 3. Yeah, yeah, yeah I talk about it too much but that's what's on my mind so...But of course one in particular ripped out my heart.

When Thane dies. I had romanced him and it was just heart renching to have Shepard standing there, reading the prayer by Thane's side as he died. Then hearing that he wanted the last pray to be for me! ;_; It was the first time a game has EVER made me cry.