Saddest Gaming Moment

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
'Close your eyes honey'
'I love you dad'
'Don't look'
What game is this from? It sounds so familiar and I cannot for the life of me remember just what moment this is...

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
When Isara dies in Valkyria Chronicles is pretty heartwrenching, especially because it's not overdone in ways that some JRPGs do.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I cried at a scene in Valkyria chronicles. It was the first time I had cried in over 4 years (pain or otherwise.) but that one scene got me bad. If you have played it you know. The end of MGS4 was also a massive downer too. I was depressed for the next few days after that...

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Let's see

Alexei Stukov's death, along with Admiral DuGalle's suicide

When your dog, the dog that waited for you for 30 or so years to make it out of that prison, jumps in front of the bullet for you. I screamed at the game and scared my roommates half to death

When Fenix dies, both times

Savber

Feb 17, 2011
Z of the Na said:
MiracleOfSound said:
'Close your eyes honey'
'I love you dad'
'Don't look'
What game is this from? It sounds so familiar and I cannot for the life of me remember just what moment this is...
The ending of Half Life 2: Episode 2

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The bad ending, persona 4.

Atlus, that was just cruel.

... And the ending of the Journey in Persona 3 fes, though I liked how the answer rectified it.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 4

Microwaves

That's all. I can't think about it without my throat seizing up and my eyes welling. My girlfriend's gonna watch me cry like a baby when we get to that part.

Hellishkratos

Mar 17, 2011
A lot of the Thousand Years of Dreams stories in Lost Odyssey where pretty sad, same with the ending of the first disc, and the end of the game. Man that game made me cry a lot.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
the spud said:
I know this is going to make me sound like an awful person, but i HATED that horse in shadow of the collosus. It would never follow your directions until you told it to do something like three or four times. SORRY posted under the wrong guy edit.
I know how you feel. The control of Agro was absolutely terrible, and at times I wanted to ship him to the glue factory, but the fact that that horse ADORES you was enough to make me forgive him. I remember fighting the giant flying snake creature (the one where you have to shoot the sacs and jump on the wing), and the fact that my horse trusted me enough to ride right up next to that giant thing, and also, if I ever missed, and got lost in the dust storm underneath, Agro was always there waiting for me. That's love :)

(Also, it sucked having to be in the exact right spot before pressing the button to get on the horse, no leeway like nowadays in games).

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
frozen_scarecrow said:
For me, there are two. In Saints Row 2 when oyu put Carlos out of his misery. After that, I went on a killing spree of all those brotherhood jerks. The second was the ending of Link's Awakening for the gameboy. Everyone I knew, all my friends, vanished in a dreams end *sniff*.

Yeah Saints Row 2 had some oddly sad cut scenes like the one you mentioned and Aisha's death and funeral.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
Pretty much anytime Raiden was in MGS4. EG : Like when he nearly died to save Snake, and the end when he see's lil John ect.... I've been waiting to hear what happened to him since MGS2, and all that SOB do was make me cry....I have never cried more during a game in my life.

FFVII, the end and Aeris's death (overdone, In know, but what can I say, it still gets me)
Also pretty much all FF endings

Silent Hill 2 : The end with Mary's letter.

Kingdom hearts 2 ending : they were happy tears :)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Savber said:
The ending of Half Life 2: Episode 2
Right, that's it. Thank you.

OT: The saddest moment I can remember in a game of my choice would have to be the ending to Halo 3. I know it seems like a really lame a cliche choice, but I was generally disheartened to see the story of Master Chief come to an end like...that.

[small]Yes, I am excited for Halo 4.[/small]

the spud

May 2, 2011
rhyno435 said:
the spud said:
I know this is going to make me sound like an awful person, but i HATED that horse in shadow of the collosus. It would never follow your directions until you told it to do something like three or four times. SORRY posted under the wrong guy edit.
I know how you feel. The control of Agro was absolutely terrible, and at times I wanted to ship him to the glue factory, but the fact that that horse ADORES you was enough to make me forgive him. I remember fighting the giant flying snake creature (the one where you have to shoot the sacs and jump on the wing), and the fact that my horse trusted me enough to ride right up next to that giant thing, and also, if I ever missed, and got lost in the dust storm underneath, Agro was always there waiting for me. That's love :)

(Also, it sucked having to be in the exact right spot before pressing the button to get on the horse, no leeway like nowadays in games).
I can kind of get what your saying, but the horse apparently had a terribly messed up sense of vertigo.

It is cool that he was tough enough to survive a thousands of feet drop and SOMEHOW still survive. I guess that makes up for it.

silverleaf81

Oct 2, 2009
At the end of every good classic, like zelda. I was so sad when the moon disappeared in Majora's Mask. I miss that freaky b*stard.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
the spud said:
rhyno435 said:
the spud said:

I can kind of get what your saying, but the horse apparently had a terribly messed up sense of vertigo.

It is cool that he was tough enough to survive a thousands of feet drop and SOMEHOW still survive. I guess that makes up for it.
That's true. Sometimes he would jump across intimidating gaps, and other times, he wouldn't even hop down a tiny ledge. Like you said though, him saving you AND surviving the drop with nothing more than an injured leg is commendable.

LevROLL

Jun 12, 2011
"If you ever see me again, shoot first."
...The events leading up to the end of the Evil Karmic route of inFamous 2.