Sailor Moon Crystal Trailer Debuts

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm okay with the new designs, although I think Usagi has a bit too much hair on the top of her head. It makes her head look too big, especially when she does her classic pose at the end and tilts her head forward a bit. Too much yellow.
... I hadn't noticed it until you said it. Now that I see it, I can't unsee it. I'm not sure how much it's going to bother me now...

I never followed the original manga, and just from what I've heard from this thread, apparently Sailor Moon was a lot darker than I thought it was, back when I was 8. So, quite frankly, I have no idea what to expect.

Then again, I was told to see MLP with an open mind, and I didn't die from it, so I don't think it'd hurt to just see what happens...

Captcha: play it again, sam. Captcha, let's just let it happen, before we worry about seeing it again.

Jan 1, 2013
I tried watching the original, but gave up because it was too dull. Now I'm collecting the comics, but it hasn't been all that good until now in volume 2. This is a show that everyone my generation was watching but I never did.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Kotono Mitsuishi is back?! That's awesome!

And yes, I am such a big Sailor Moon fan, I was able to tell it was the same voice actress just from that clip.

Hell yeah! Kotono Mitsuishi is my very favorite Japanese voice actress... well, ever. Although more for her role as Juri in Revolutionary Girl Utena, but still.

Anyway, since I own the manga (twice over - I bought it all in that awful Mixx translation, and again when Viz fixed it), I look forward to seeing an anime version of that. Particularly since...

every single Madoka joke in here
Yeah... everyone... Madoka got that bit from the Sailor Moon manga. The manga of Sailor Moon is way more brutal than the anime was. That's what Madoka is referencing.

If this anime is faithful to the manga, I think you will find it cleaves a lot closer to Madoka than it does to the original Sailor Moon anime. Particularly if they avoid filler (which is one of the main strengths of Madoka - it is incredibly tightly written with no wasted space).