Saints Row IV Dev Offers Free DLC To Aussie Customers

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
I bought a US Steam key and was almost horrified at this news. But it was only masks. Pfft. I never used those TF2 ones in SRTT, either...

kenadian

May 7, 2012
Can't Aussies just get the non-censored version through importing or online distributors? I feel like buying this version would just be giving in to the bullshit the Aussie review board causes.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
This still sounds to me like trying to turn a loss for us into a win for them. If you were really that sorry, would it kill you to offer this merest of morsals of DLC to us period, rather than just as a way to incentivise us to buy the game at launch?
If ever you must offer something to your consumers as a apology, it mustn't appear to benefit you beyond building good will. It's the same as when Sony offered us some Playstation Plus subscription and some free games as apology for losing our credit card info, a lot of people were insulted that the peace offereing seemed to be just a way for Sony to lul us into the realm of the future purchase, with a taste of Playstation Plus, and some games geared to tempt us towards sequals.

Scunner

Jan 21, 2009
Shuu said:
This still sounds to me like trying to turn a loss for us into a win for them. If you were really that sorry, would it kill you to offer this merest of morsals of DLC to us period, rather than just as a way to incentivise us to buy the game at launch?
If ever you must offer something to your consumers as a apology, it mustn't appear to benefit you beyond building good will. It's the same as when Sony offered us some Playstation Plus subscription and some free games as apology for losing our credit card info, a lot of people were insulted that the peace offereing seemed to be just a way for Sony to lul us into the realm of the future purchase, with a taste of Playstation Plus, and some games geared to tempt us towards sequals.
You might be on to something. Now they're releasing only 5 days before GTA5 here, they offer the DLC for 2 days after release as an "apology" for the delay in the hopes that people will buy SRR4 before they buy GTA5.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Nosirrah said:
I want one for England.

Volition, if you let me run around as Winston Churchill in a bright pink suit, slapping people with an octopus tentacle I will give you my money. All of it.
I second this. Hell, if they give me an option to reskin two of the antagonists as Cameron and Clegg I will remorgatge my house!