Saints Row IV "Low Violence" Version Appears in Australia

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Kalezian said:
I would go a step further, making the title literally: Saints Row IV: Ultra Low Violence Australian Edition!

the front would be the Boss/President running at the camera wearing a clown costume, throwing water balloons and holding a creme pie.

and that would be the gameplay, no killing, no stealing cars, no dialoge, just the player running around throwing pies and water balloons at people, all the while Deep silver will be saying how the Australian Government doesn't think their adults can think for themselves, hate women with breasts smaller than D-cups, and ride Kangaroo's to the bar where they drink Fosters excessively.

Also, all dialogue would start and end with G'Day Mate!

No, seriously, if I lived in Australia, I would be pissed that the ratings board, who just made an rating for 18+ gamers, not use it at all.
Fosters? Eugh at least with mod support we could drink Boags.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I aint even mad, I was going to import it anyway.
Blitzwing said:
Giyguy said:
Dear Australian Censor Board

FUCK YOU

Rightly angry,
Everyone in Australia.
Well fuck you too for thinking you represent the majority.
Do you want to continue to be treated like children?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I'm confused, they introduce a adults only rating, and still demand games be butchered? So what was the point of the rating then? To make people think things had changed over actually changing? Cause that's what it looks like

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Blitzwing said:
Lunar Templar said:
I'm confused, they introduce a adults only rating, and still demand games be butchered? So what was the point of the rating then? To make people think things had changed over actually changing? Cause that's what it looks like
Again. R18. DOSEN?T. MEAM. THAT. EVERYTHING. IS. ALLOWED.
Something?s are considered too extreme for even that, get it?
Kinda hard to take that seriously ya know, not when what they're whining about really isn't that bad, it's like whining about old Warner Bro cartoons really.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Funny how the ACB is treating a non-serious game seriously.
I thought we got the R rating so we didn't have to go through things like this. Yes, I do know things can get extreme but is Saints Row IV 'extreme' ... I mean the only things that are bad are the Alien Anal probe. I do have to admit that weapon may be going a bit too far, but once more the ACB take this series too seriously ... I wonder if they even play the series/games in general?

So yeah, I can see the point if they didn't like the Alien Anal Probe, but the Alien Drugs that grant you superpower ... are you f*cking kidding me.
One, that sounds badass. Two, These alien drugs don't exist. And three, I think they are needed for the story.

Basically compare Saints Row IV to other things they accepted such as The Human Centipede.
I think that they are still treating the gaming industry with no respect, and they are treating us like non-adults.

EDIT:

But you know what ... this is the last straw.
I'm cancelling my pre-order ... can't believe they crumbled under pressure. (In my opinion)

EDIT 2:

FAAAARK!
... I just can't do it. T^T

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
MrHide-Patten said:
Still importing and I get the game as was intended. So everybody wins... except Australian games retailers. But they've been ripping me off for quite some time, so they can get stuffed for all I care.
As someone who worked as an Australian Game Retailer for a period of my life, I would just like to correct you on your misconception that you are being gouged by the retailer.

You are actually being gouged by the publisher, who sells the game to the retailer at a higher price. The typical cost pricing for a AAA title was around $78 when I was working there, which means that if we sold the game at $100, the store would only make $22, which is not a lot of money.

Now the major gaming retailers can mitigate this somewhat by buying in large bulk quantities, thus earning themselves a discount, but even then, you will frequently find it cheaper to import the game from out of country, even after you factor in shipping.

With that said, I will absolutely be importing this game, because although I understand the reasoning behind the classification boards decision, I don't agree with it.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Omegatronacles said:
MrHide-Patten said:
Still importing and I get the game as was intended. So everybody wins... except Australian games retailers. But they've been ripping me off for quite some time, so they can get stuffed for all I care.
As someone who worked as an Australian Game Retailer for a period of my life, I would just like to correct you on your misconception that you are being gouged by the retailer.

You are actually being gouged by the publisher, who sells the game to the retailer at a higher price. The typical cost pricing for a AAA title was around $78 when I was working there, which means that if we sold the game at $100, the store would only make $22, which is not a lot of money.

Now the major gaming retailers can mitigate this somewhat by buying in large bulk quantities, thus earning themselves a discount, but even then, you will frequently find it cheaper to import the game from out of country, even after you factor in shipping.

With that said, I will absolutely be importing this game, because although I understand the reasoning behind the classification boards decision, I don't agree with it.
My mistake; I'm tired of being worked over by publishers, ergo they're not getting any extra from me.