Saints Row IV Marks The End Of A Saga

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
The message I'm getting here is "If any of you hope for a return to the comparatively more wacky-yet-down-to-earth style of Saint's Row 2, you all better make sure to buy Saint's Row 4 and support a style you may not like in the hopes for a return of a style you do like." I've nothing against the sillier direction Volition went in for Saint's Row 3, I've even enjoyed a few parts of it. However, it feels like Volition is holding the sequel to Saint's Row 2 that I wanted to play hostage depending on the success of its successors like Ubisoft kept doing with Beyond Good & Evil 2.

How about for a potential sequel to the storyline of Saint's Row 2, Dex sets himself up in a non-New York inspired city like Las Vegas or Los Angeles and the player's rise to power isn't completely circumvented in the first 2-3 missions?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Gottesstrafe said:
How about for a potential sequel to the storyline of Saint's Row 2, Dex sets himself up in a non-New York inspired city like Las Vegas or Los Angeles and the player's rise to power isn't completely circumvented in the first 2-3 missions?
Like it, though Dex tecnically died in Saints Row: Money Shot, a cancelled game for the 3ds.
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Saints_Row:_Money_Shot

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
And good riddance.

I was a fan of Saints Row 1, Saints Row 2, not so much, and Saints Row 3 I found to be a slap in the face. There is no sense of continuality with the series. The guy who you're gunning for at the end of Saints Row 2, is suddenly forgot about by the time of the 3. Not to mention they drastically rewrite characters for no reason, as well as getting rid of one of the original ones with absolutely no ceremony, 10 minutes in for no reason.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I do love the Saints Row series and the engines the games are built on work quite well. I hope they do more sandbox games, maybe something like a mix between Saints Row and Red Faction: Guerilla? Fully destructible worlds in a place I can get a plane to drop a smart bomb. Yeeeessss |3

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Its actually a very good idea, that way they can go back into the "you are small and need to get bigger" storyline again. Being the president and fighting aliens is basicly as big as you can get.

They could tone down on the crazy and it would work, each game getting crazier like the first 4 games.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Quaxar said:
Probably the best decision unless you want to turn intergalactic...
Freespace the third?

As long as it keeps the hover jets and the wacky japanese game show. Actually, I'd like to see the game go back to stilwater with all the activities of 2 and 3 combined. Also, I want mission replay back. The tron level was fun, I would have liked to play it again.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Ya know, as long as they keep gender select, and some decent customization, I don't care where they go with the series. They do good work.
I enjoyed Saints Row 2, and 3, and am looking forward to 4.

Wouldn't hurt if they had Game+, mission replay, and the ability to reassign districts to gangs so you can fight'em at random again. Maybe give some way to watch non-saints factions fight eachother.