Saints Row IV Unveils $1 Million Special Preorder Edition

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
briankoontz said:
This preorder is a hot mess, just like the game's going to be.
Well you certainly don't need this pack, seeing as nothing could possibly be as cool as your time machine.

OT: I so wish I could afford this. It will be interesting to see if it actually gets bought or remains a mildly amusing publicity move.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Karloff said:
Not that you're mad enough to even think about this preorder.

Well, probably not that mad.
Aren't I?

Anyway, I wonder how long you get the Lambo for? Just the year? A day? Or life?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Why would you buy this? Buy the normal special edition and change the world with the rest of the million.
synobal said:
The best part
Koch Media especially reserve the right to remove or amend contents of the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition.
Give the Koch Brothers 1 mil and give them the right to give you nothing in exchange. Awesome, I know I trust the Koch brothers.
koch media is not affiliated affiliated with those filthy right wingers.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
If I had a million just laying around, I'm sure that I could still find better useless crap to spend it on than this. Seriously, I want to know if anyone is actually stupid enough to buy this.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Why don't I just buy the company and have them make the game for me.
At least that way I'd be able to make sure it was as good as SR2.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I'm sure that's more than a million dollars worth of value. If I had a few million, I'd pay of the them for this.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
There is only a tiny amount of hyperbole in that.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Some internet millionaire will buy this and their mug will be on every gaming website across the land. It's for people with egos and want to be in the world record book for paying the most for a pre-order. It's great marketing for the game either way. It totally fits the brand. Stupid, over the top and vaguely ironic, but at the same time still kind of fun.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Isn't a trip to space already like a million dollars? Sounds like a steal to me... I'd honestly buy this if I had the money because you're probably saving several hundred thousand dollars.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I can't imagine anyone getting this. About the only thing worth any amount of money is the space trip - which costs a heck of a lot less than 1,000,000 (costs around 200,000~300,000 by itself, I believe). And in fact, the space trip is not guaranteed. Virgin Galactic is a real company, and they do have a prototype ship that can take you to space for about 10 minutes (not very long), but there's still no word yet on when they are actually going to start taking people up there, if they ever actually do.

A full day of spy training? What can you possibly learn in a day? Barely anything. The sports car? Okay, that's neat, but let's be honest here - the vast majority of people are not racers and will not get much out of the car aside from the "pretty" factor. 7 nights stay at that fancy hotel in Dubai? Neat - but Dubai isn't exactly the friendliest place on Earth. No offense to the Dubai people, who are perfectly lovely people, but their government ain't too friendly to Foreigners. I've had friends who have had BAD, BAD, BAAAAAD experiences going to Dubai. Not due to the Dubai people, who, again, are lovely people - but due to the UAE police acting like jerks to every foreigner they come across. They enjoy making foreigners sweat, or so I'm told.

And I don't want the plastic surgery either. If I had a million dollars, I can tell you there would be far more enjoyable ways to spend it.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Omegatronacles said:
Does it make me a bad person that I would consider this if I had the money?
Given that the space flight alone would probably set you back a million by itself, the overall package is value for money.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Legion said:
I assume this is just them being "wacky" because the game itself is?

It's kind of amusing, but what's even more funny is that it probably doesn't even come with all of the cheap little DLC's they will release for it.
This pack is probably more amusing than the game itself.

SplicedUp068

Jan 12, 2009
Why would I want to get this if they don't even include a season pass in the deal? Nice try, Volition. /sarcasm.
OT: I wouldn't mind buying that if I had the cash.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Bizzare. I saw the graphic for this pack on Reddit the other day and it looked suspiciously like a photoshop. Didn't realise it was an actual real thing.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
Funny, don't see any unicorns in there. not worth the money.

but if i had the money, here's what i'd do:

spy training: what it says on the tin.
trip to space: save for later.
Lamborghini Galardo: turn into a batmobile
Plastic Surgery: have a batmask built into my face.
A shopping spree: buy bat gadgets and keep going permanently.
The Jefferson Hotel: blow it up with said gadgets.
Hostage rescue: blow up everyone.
prius: blow it up
Burj-al-arab: invest into it and make a sizable profit and legacy for my family. then explode it.

best pre-order ever.

Korolev said:
If I had a million dollars, I can tell you there would be far more enjoyable ways to spend it.
Such as?
I would make a mansion out of cake.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Here's my question, will you have to pay tax on the car or any of the other stuff? Because then the cost is significantly higher than 1 million.

Also "Hostage rescue experience" is a little too vague for me...it honestly makes me a little worried what that might mean.

Anyway I'm sure there is going to be someone with more money than sense who will buy this, just won't be me.