Saints Row: The Third to require online pass for co-op.

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
THEJORRRG said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Oh no, I have to pay the developers money to get access to all their product.

Whatever shall I do.

Woe is me.

*insert more sarcasm here*
Hey, if you want to promote anti-consumer policies, go for it.
How is it anti-consumer exactly?

I will buy the game new. Therefore I get the code, and the devs get my money.

Gamers today are self entitled.
Well, how about this? I bought the game new, at 12:01am without knowing that it needed an online pass for multiplayer. Whatever, I don't like online play anyways. But, I can't activate my preorder bonus nor the mulitplayer should I choose to use it, because it requires a Gold account. My job takes up most of my week, so I don't have the free time to justify getting a gold account. When I discovered this, it really pissed me off. I bought the game brand new, and even preordered it, and now I'm getting nickel-and-dimed.

Dec 14, 2009
Eicha said:
Daystar Clarion said:
THEJORRRG said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Oh no, I have to pay the developers money to get access to all their product.

Whatever shall I do.

Woe is me.

*insert more sarcasm here*
Hey, if you want to promote anti-consumer policies, go for it.
How is it anti-consumer exactly?

I will buy the game new. Therefore I get the code, and the devs get my money.

Gamers today are self entitled.
Well, how about this? I bought the game new, at 12:01am without knowing that it needed an online pass for multiplayer. Whatever, I don't like online play anyways. But, I can't activate my preorder bonus nor the mulitplayer should I choose to use it, because it requires a Gold account. My job takes up most of my week, so I don't have the free time to justify getting a gold account. When I discovered this, it really pissed me off. I bought the game brand new, and even preordered it, and now I'm getting nickel-and-dimed.
Kind of like complaining that you can't play a game because you don't have the console.

Blame Microsoft for charging for it's service, not THQ for giving you preorder codes.